Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Reds Injury Updates

Re: 2022 Reds Injury Updates

So if I read that correctly, the Reds could add a 1B (Votto), 2B (India), CF (Senzel), fourth OF (Fraley), SS (Barrero), backup infielder/ DH (Shrock), and two starters (Lodolo and Minor) by mid-June, then Dunn, a third starter, by early July.

The second half of the season will be interesting, IMO.

I expect a bunch of trades as the days move to weeks.

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-18-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Nick Senzel is beginning a rehab assignment at Triple-A Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    So if I read that correctly, the Reds could add a 1B (Votto), 2B (India), CF (Senzel), fourth OF (Fraley), SS (Barrero), backup infielder/ DH (Shrock), and two starters (Lodolo and Minor) by mid-June, then Dunn, a third starter, by early July.

Agreed, so how do they do this?

Almora, Lopez and Reynolds are obvious cuts. Probably Friedl too. That opens spots for Votto, India, Barrero and Senzel.

I think they need to keep Drury and Farmer and they need a back-up catcher. That leaves Fraley, Schrock and Moran fighting for a spot. Out of those guys, i think Fraley is the worst option but plays the position they need the most. If we're just looking for a bench OF, I think I'd rather have Friedl than Fraley for defensive value alone, but I don't see room for either one of them. One of Schrock and Moran will need to go IMO. Drury should be taking fly balls in the OF about now IMO.

Upon review, I think they need to drop a pitcher to get down to 13. That opens a spot for Schrock.

With Minor and Lodolo added to the one they drop for Schrock, that means three pitchers have to go. That's a lot easier, they have plenty of candidates to drop. I'd say Vlad, Kuhnel and maybe Warren. Depends how long a look they want to give Solomon. They will need a spot for Justin Wilson at some point as well.
    Last edited by mth123; 05-18-2022 at 03:42 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Agreed, so how do they do this?
    Trades, I hope.

I'd look to move Farmer to backup catcher and defensive caddy at SS. That means Garcia's gone. Drury has hit well enough to be a backup corner guy. He stays, but that means Lopez is gone. I like Schrock enough to keep him over just about anyone. He takes Moran's spot.

I'd keep Almora and platoon him in the OF until he proves he's a mirage. (That could only take a couple of weeks, fwiw.) That means Friedl slides down.

Fraley comes up when the Reds trade Pham, Moustakas, or Naquin, IMO.

On the pitching side, Guttierez is destined to drop to AAA. That's one spot.

That leaves Castillo, Mahle, Minor, Greene, and Lodolo for now. That's a solid core. When Dunn is ready, I'd look at dealing Mahle or Castillo for my best possible return. (Hopefully, at least one quality offensive player, preferrably an OF.)

7. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-18-2022)

Drop a pitcher. You don’t need 14. You barely give enough work to Santillan.

9. Likes:

757690 (05-18-2022),Mitri (05-18-2022),mth123 (05-18-2022),RedTeamGo! (05-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post

Almora, Lopez and Reynolds are obvious cuts. Probably Friedl too.
    I think Friedl is the most obvious cut. He is awful. Lopez 2nd most obvious. He is also terrible, but a smidge better than Friedl. Which is really saying something.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

11. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think Friedl is the most obvious cut. He is awful. Lopez 2nd most obvious. He is also terrible, but a smidge better than Friedl. Which is really saying something.
    Keep Friedl, trade Senzel before he goes on IL again

Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyVet View Post
    Keep Friedl
    why?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

14. Likes:

CaiGuy (05-18-2022),Tom Servo (05-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    why?
    66 PA's he has as many K's as Total Bases

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

Can they send Barrero to Louisville? I'm not advocating that because I agree it's time to let him play, but it's the Reds.

I'll be amazed if all the players who are ready to come back, come back in time and those who are already on the 25(28?) man roster (whatever it is) all stay healthy when the time comes to make decisions. It'll work out.
    Where we gonna go?

18. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-18-2022)

Is Lodolo ever gonna be able to stay healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post

Is he going to be the next Senzel?

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

More updates from David Bell.

Nick Senzel’s rehab assignment will last at least through the weekend. "Hopefully he’s ready to go when we get back home.”

Lucas Sims hasn’t started throwing yet, and he’ll miss more than the minimum amount of days.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post

Turn Off Ads?