Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Reds Injury Updates

Re: 2022 Reds Injury Updates

I hate that my mind is going here but did Krall say he's not trading Castillo and Mahle because he knew Castillo was hurt and needs Mahle so they aren't starting Vlad on opening day?

2. Turn Off Ads?

INF Donovan Solano (sore left forearm)
    Expected return: Day to day
    Solano was hit by a pitch on the left arm on Tuesday and exited the game against the Dodgers. He has not played a game since, and has been limited during workouts.

“He’s good. He’s sore from getting hit by the pitch,” Reds manager David Bell said. “It’s not anything long term. But because of where he got hit, there’s swelling and he’s not able to swing.” -- Mark Sheldon (Last updated March 24)

Charlie Goldsmith @CharlieG__

Mike Moustakas and Donovan Solano remain out of the lineup for the Reds.

Mike Moustakas on his shoulder: “It feels good. A couple days off were needed, and I feel really good with where I’m at right now. Hoping to be back in there tomorrow.”

NM
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 03-26-2022 at 02:40 PM.

INF Donovan Solano (sore left forearm)
    Expected return: Sunday
    Solano was hit by a pitch on the left arm on Tuesday and exited the game against the Dodgers. He has not played since. Manager David Bell decided to give him one more day off on Saturday and have him back Sunday to play vs. the Rockies.

“It was more coming off the off-day [on Friday] and to have that kind of work,” Bell said. -- Mark Sheldon (Last updated: March 26)

3B Mike Moustakas (left shoulder)
    Expected return: Sunday
    After leaving Tuesday's game vs. the Dodgers with a sore left shoulder from attempting a diving stop, Moustakas has been limited in workouts. He was originally slated to return to the lineup on Saturday, but manager David Bell decided to give Moustakas one more day off.

“[Bell] texted me and said, ‘Do you want to get an extra day to make sure it’s good?’ I said, ‘Absolutely.’ They’re not handing out trophies for Spring Training,” Moustakas said. “I need to make sure I am 100 percent and feel good. It’s really cool he was able to do that for me, too. It says a lot about him as a manager. So we’ll take it one more extra day, and tomorrow, I will be 100 percent ready to go.” -- Mark Sheldon (Last updated: March 26)

Solano and Moose are both in today’s lineup. Moose at DH and Solano at 3B.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I believe the downfall of the 2022 Reds won't be talent, but will be depth due to injuries - we've been down this road before. Most teams that make the playoffs and win championships are deep. The Reds are shallow and are starting off with injuries to their number 1 starter and 2 of the 5 starters. They are also relying on a couple of rookie pitchers (Lodolo and Greene) who have not pitched an excessive amount of innings and have had injury problems during their minor league career.

On offense, the CF - Senzel, well I need not say anything and the 3B has had a ton of injuries of late. They have are relying on very little as backup catchers - thus injuries will deplete this team much more than it did the 2021 version and this is where the $$$ saved will cut this team off at its knees.

9. Likes:

Chip R (04-07-2022)

Charlie Goldsmith @CharlieG__

David Bell said Luis Castillo hasn’t suffered any setbacks. He’s “quite a bit ahead” of Mike Minor

11. Likes:

goreds2 (03-27-2022)

"Quite a bit ahead" sounds bad. Castillo is expected to miss at least 1 start, right? Or, at least, several days. So Minor will probably miss 2-4 starts, at least?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    "Quite a bit ahead" sounds bad. Castillo is expected to miss at least 1 start, right? Or, at least, several days. So Minor will probably miss 2-4 starts, at least?
    I'm guessing Minor won't pitch until June.

I'm hopeful Castillo makes it back by April 16th, the first day they'll need a fifth starter (and conveniently, in warm and cavernous LA). Castillo for three or four innings, then Johnny All-Staff sounds like a good beginning to the season for Luis.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 03-27-2022 at 01:23 PM.

14. Likes:

MoneyInTheBank (03-27-2022)

I wouldn’t be shocked if Minor doesn’t pitch this season.

16. Likes:

mth123 (03-27-2022),Revering4Blue (03-27-2022)

David Bell went full Nick Krall on his Mike Minor update:

"Not so much of a setback. He’s still trying to work through getting his body to feel right. Soreness we’re not concerned about. It’s just going to take more time. We’ve got to get that out of there before we get him back."

I think this roughly translates to "he has a sore shoulder that won't go away but we aren't worried about it"

18. Likes:

Falls City Beer (03-27-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    I wouldn’t be shocked if Minor doesn’t pitch this season.
    Only the Reds would attach a long-term contract to one of their premium assets, lessening the return, to get under budget so they could go out and trade for a guy with a shoulder problem.

20. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (03-28-2022),CesarGeronimo (03-27-2022),Falls City Beer (03-28-2022),LeatherPants (03-28-2022),RedTeamGo! (03-28-2022),Revering4Blue (03-27-2022),wlf WV (03-28-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Only the Reds would attach a long-term contract to one of their premium assets, lessening the return, to get under budget so they could go out and trade for a guy with a shoulder problem.
    The Minor acquisition is malpractice. I don’t know how else to say it.

22. Likes:

CesarGeronimo (03-28-2022),mth123 (03-28-2022),RedTeamGo! (03-28-2022),Revering4Blue (03-28-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The Minor acquisition is malpractice. I don’t know how else to say it.
    I don't understand why they aren't trying to return him to the Royals. It truly does not make sense to me. How are the beat writers not asking Krall a million questions about this?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?