Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds signing Tommy Pham pending physical

Life is Just a Fantasy : More Phlim Phlam , Tommy Boy, and Joc Slap

Here's a little more background on Tommy and Joc's bad relations. Includes a post-slap interview of Joc and a small clip at the end of the slap.

Just a couple of observations:

1. Instead of a physical, maybe the Reds should have required Tommy to pass a psychological evaluation before signing.

2. What kind of grown ass man lets a guy by the name of Pham walk up and slap him in the face with no retaliation? I don't know if I could take the assault in stride like Joc appears to have. Maybe those blonde locks have something to do with it.

3. According to the video, it seems like Tommy considers himself to be a high roller in Las Vegas. Guess that's why he's not putting up with any fantasy league shenanigans.

4. I like the edge that Tommy plays with but his rage against the machine needs to be a little more controlled. Tom is nuttier than that guy with the horns at a MAGA rally.

5. Tommy got a 3-game suspension but a lifetime ban from attending the Academy Awards .

2. Likes:

JFLegal (05-29-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Life is Just a Fantasy : More Phlim Phlam , Tommy Boy, and Joc Slap

God forbid if Joc ever breaks the unwritten code and disses Phammy's girlfriend.

Re: Reds signing Tommy Pham pending physical

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Joc is pimping a look that is pure Nickelodeon meets the Bowery Boys
    Not that there's anything wrong with that, but he looks like a cartoon character

6. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (05-29-2022),Red Raindog (05-29-2022),westofyou (05-29-2022)

It's so "adult" any more to hit someone to resolve a dispute or differences... "He disrespected me and my teammates in a TEXT"

[thank God he didn't shoot him] What's going on in a society where minor infractions, even texts or tweets that "offend" or disrespect someone, is answered with violence, and justified in that person's mind? Everyone's ready to fly off the handles any more. Sad.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-29-2022),HokieRed (05-29-2022),Powder River (05-29-2022),REDREAD (05-31-2022),wally post (05-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/stat...zJeEjPHSw&s=19

Joc showing and sharing texts in the group fantasy texts. And the gif that caused the problem.
    THAT gif made him angry enough to physically attack someone 6 months later? Dude is going to have a heart attack at 40

10. Likes:

REDREAD (05-31-2022)

Yes, nobody from previous generations flew off the handle over dumb stuff. Definitely a new development
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

HokieRed (05-29-2022),Roy Tucker (05-29-2022),Tom Servo (05-29-2022),westofyou (05-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yes, nobody from previous generations flew off the handle over dumb stuff. Definitely a new development
    Uhh, it's weird now. Why pretend it isn't?

But yeah sure, remember that time in aught 8 when Bing Crosby smacked Clark Gable at the Slippery Wick for making fun of his dance moves?

Or how about that time in '85 when Sean Penn slapped a reporter for taking his picture? Totally the same thing as the 27 times something like that has happened in 2022. Tots! Don't be such a boomer!

Also, when going to the grocery store, riding on an airplane, going to a restaurant, or even just driving to get there... people absolutely aren't more on edge and aggressive. Not. at. all. It's all perfectly normal.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 05-29-2022 at 09:42 AM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

14. Likes:

Powder River (05-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here but I kinda like Pham and the chip he carries around with him. Yes, he's a butthole and a wannabe vigilante but maybe the Reds could have used a guy like that last August and September with they were like the zombies in Night of the Living Dead. I got so tired of hearing the lame comments from guys like Barnhardt("we'll try again tomorrow") . Give me a red ass like Pham over Barnhardt and "Ol' Sh#t and Giggles " Castillo. Pham plays and lives on the edge, apparently. Better than sleepwalking through a season.
    I like Pham as well. I was at the Padre finale and there was some Padre fans in LF that were giving him the business all game. Around inning 6 a foul ball is hit and Pham grabs it, drunk Padre fan (about a dozen in the group) wanted the foul ball. Pham fires it into the crowd an absolute seed and the 12 or so crowd all of them hit the deck. Crowd in my area (Reds fans) give Pham a standing O.

A literal real life "Lighten up Francis" moment.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

17. Likes:

Chip R (05-31-2022),SomeCallMeTim (05-31-2022)

Not anywhere near the frequencies we're seeing now. But then my generation, growing up, also didn't have to worry about mass shooters showing up at school. And I'll leave it at that.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Reds signing Tommy Pham pending physical

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Not anywhere near the frequencies we're seeing now. But then my generation, growing up, also didn't have to worry about mass shooters showing up at school. And I'll leave it at that.
    Actually I'll call BS on that thought. I think this stuff happened a lot and the press tapped the brakes on it continually.

Case in point Johnny Temple and Johnny Logan got into numerous fights on the field over tiny BS moments, Vada Pinson popped Earl Lawson in the clubhouse... twice

Highly competitive jocks have been popping each other in the mouth over stuff for over a hundred years.

The fantasy football angle is a new look on an old standard, like Clapton rearranging Layla, same song, different approach

20. Likes:

Chip R (05-31-2022),M2 (05-30-2022)

I hope Pham gets exactly what he continues to seek out.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

C. Trent Rosecrans Retweeted
    Amy
    @amyeditress

Joc giving Hermey the elf vibes

https://mobile.twitter.com/amyeditre...C95fmEqL4qAAAA

They call me "chef"

Kirk Gibson wanting to literally murder all his Dodgers teammates because one of them put shoe-black on the inside of his hat before a game and embarrassed him in front of fans and no one would fess up was a story, for some unknown yet glorious reason, featured prominently in the pre-game mini-doc about him at Dodger Stadium when I went earlier this year.

24. Likes:

Big Klu (05-29-2022),RedTeamGo! (05-29-2022),westofyou (05-29-2022)

Reds signing Tommy Pham pending physical

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I hope Pham gets exactly what he continues to seek out.
    If he does he's gonna need some numb chucks

Turn Off Ads?