Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds signing Tommy Pham pending physical

Re: Reds signing Tommy Pham pending physical

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Additionally the Cincinnati press loves to pump up the cheerful, friendly, family aspect of the old ballyard and we get a parade of Sean Casey's getting a lot of press for their affable nature.
    Kyle Farmer.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

westofyou (05-13-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Fair enough on the Pham-Suarez comp. I tend to look primarily at bWar.

He’s Greg Vaughn without his power and lacking talent around him.

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    Yasiel Puig has joined the chat.
    What an OF. Pham in LF. Puig in Center. Nick in RF. Kevin Mitchell on DH. Welcome to the party NL Central.

7. Likes:

M2 (05-13-2022),Revering4Blue (05-13-2022)

Reds left fielder Tommy Pham has felt unlucky and discouraged at the plate lately -- and he was getting tired of it. That’s why there was some relief felt during Monday’s game vs. the Cubs. Although the Reds lost, 7-4, Pham helped the club in the sixth inning by smoking a 3-1 pitch from Drew Smyly to left field for a solo homer that made it a 4-1 game at the time.

The exit velocity on Pham’s drive was 106.1 mph and it traveled a projected 410 feet, according to Statcast.

On the just-completed 11-day, nine-game road trip through Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Toronto, Pham was 5-for-34 (.147) with one RBI. Yet, he was routinely zinging the ball hard and coming up empty. His misfortune was underscored most on May 13 vs. the Pirates, when he made contact at 101.7, 107.6 and 105.3 mph and came away hitless.

“That was frustrating,” Pham said.

“With the way things are looking this year, it looks like I’ll have to barrel up balls pull-side more just to get hits,” the right-handed-hitting Pham said after the game. “When I barrel balls to center and right field, they’re getting caught. I’ve got to figure something out.”
    https://view.mail.mlblists.com/messa...f258250e5d/raw

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-26-2022)

Giants OF Joc Pederson says Reds' Tommy Pham slapped him over fantasy football dispute; MLB investigating

Pham declined to discuss the incident publicly when he walked off the field after batting practice.

Pederson, though, spoke about the incident after the game.

He said that Pham slapped him in the face during their confrontation but that was the extent of their physical contact. According to Pederson, the dispute arose out of a disagreement they had about rules governing a fantasy football league they were in together.

story here:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...BingNewsSearch

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

The next time I go full Will Smith on someone’s face I’ll make sure it’s over something important like a constitutional crisis in my fantasy football league.
    Stick to your guns.

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-28-2022),texasdave (05-28-2022)

One of the weirdest sports stories I’ve heard in awhile
    What would you say.....ya do here?

14. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-28-2022),RiverRat13 (05-28-2022),texasdave (05-28-2022)

He said that Pham slapped him in the face during their confrontation but that was the extent of their physical contact. According to Pederson, the dispute arose out of a disagreement they had about rules governing a fantasy football league they were in together.
    Pistols at dawn at twenty paces?

https://twitter.com/NBCSGiants/statu...htmode%3Dfalse

Like, it's kind of crazy. Pederson says they don't have any relationship outside of the group text from the league group text, that was active during the season.

A very minor rules dispute that's pretty whatever, MONTHS AGO. It's not an ongoing, simmering thing for Pederson - just something Pham must have been stewing about for MONTHS.

Their guy looks surprised and baffled and embarrassed to be involved in this.

Our guys is a crazy person? This is just how he fuels himself? Vendetta that he keeps burning against everyone that's every slighted him from his vantage point? What are you, George Costanza?

One day the Reds will make the national news for something that isn't embarrassing

18. Likes:

malcontent (05-28-2022),REDREAD (05-31-2022)

Baseball means warmth Joeyjection19's Avatar

It's a lost year anyway, I just want to have players I can root for.

as Joc Pederson is a tool himself, I will withhold judgment until both sides of the story are told. Beware the tale bearer is wise and timeless advice, and so anti internet
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

21. Likes:

Roy Tucker (05-28-2022)

pham is a straight-up nutcase

23. Likes:

JCM11 (05-28-2022),mth123 (05-28-2022)

I’m all in on having a psychopath on this years team

25. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-29-2022),jwdoc77 (05-28-2022),Powder River (05-28-2022),Tom Servo (05-28-2022),Wonderful Monds (05-28-2022)

Turn Off Ads?