Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2022-2023: Can’t Get Much Worse

Re: UK Basketball 2022-2023: Can’t Get Much Worse

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    He lost versus Wisconsin on a remarkably questionable late non-call that could well have swung the game.

From USA Today:

Kentucky lost composure after that (non) call. (Which makes sense, considering how young they were.)

BTW, the guy who missed that call-- John Higgins-- has a history with UK basketball, most of it sordid.
    ehh, Higgins is a joke, and I am aware of his history with UK, but IMO that team was 10-15 points better than any team in the country that year. A call or a couple calls really should not have been enough to beat that team.....again in my opinion. I rank that team as probably the best college basketball team I watched as an adult. From the couch, I thought Cal could have managed that team a little better in regards to lineups and PT distribution. How does Booker only play 19 minutes in that game while the Harrison twins each played about 30?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cal started to gear things down well before that bad call. He does that all the time and it gets his teams in trouble more often than not. Most of the time they survive it but didn't this time. This started about the 5 minute mark when UK had only had about a 4 or 6 point lead. Way to early to be grinding things down against a very good team like Wisconsin. They were on the ropes and Cal let them back in it. Any blaming of officials, even though Higgins is horrible, is just sour grapes.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Cal started to gear things down well before that bad call. He does that all the time and it gets his teams in trouble more often than not. Most of the time they survive it but didn't this time. This started about the 5 minute mark when UK had only had about a 4 or 6 point lead. Way to early to be grinding things down against a very good team like Wisconsin. They were on the ropes and Cal let them back in it. Any blaming of officials, even though Higgins is horrible, is just sour grapes.
    This happened in 2012 against Kansas in the national championship game and that could have ended the same way.

Wisconsin offensively was the worst matchup for Kentucky the entire tournament and everyone knew it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    This happened in 2012 against Kansas in the national championship game and that could have ended the same way.

Wisconsin offensively was the worst matchup for Kentucky the entire tournament and everyone knew it.
    Yea I had bad feeling about that Wisconsin game. They were a bad matchup for UK. You are right about that 2012 game. If not for a great play Gilchrist near the end of that game they could have blown it because Cal put them in the grind game way too early..
    Reds Fan Since 1971

They were on the ropes and Cal let them back in it. Any blaming of officials, even though Higgins is horrible, is just sour grapes.
    Absolutely sour grapes.

That said, that call at that time changed the complexion of the game completely.

Kentucky wins, IMO, if that call is made correctly.

That's why UK didn't win the championship that season.

(That tends to happen a lot with Higgins officiating Kentucky games. The UNC game that ended up with all sorts of Kentucky fans ready to tar and feather him is another example.)

If Cal had not ground the game down that call probably would not have occurred. Anyway that's all in the past and nothing can be done now. You would hope Cal would have learned but he hasn't and he will never change.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

8. Likes:

WVRed (08-18-2022)

Time is set for the UL game on December 31st is noon. That is the same time as the Sugar Bowl. If UK should be in the Sugar Bowl(I'm not holding my breath) which game will you choose to watch?

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...ime-announced/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Time is set for the UL game on December 31st is noon. That is the same time as the Sugar Bowl. If UK should be in the Sugar Bowl(I'm not holding my breath) which game will you choose to watch?

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...ime-announced/
    When was the last time UK was in the Sugar Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    When was the last time UK was in the Sugar Bowl?
    I think it was 1951. Bear Bryant was their HC then. So its been a while.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

12. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-30-2022)

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Wow! You just never know what these guys are going through sometimes. Sounds like he is doing better and coping better with all of things that went badly in that time.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I guess I won't live to be a 107 since I don't like tomatoes. She is amazing and God bless her.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Full schedule was released today. I think a pretty non-conference. Both Michigan's, UCLA, at Gonzaga, Louisville and Kansas in Rupp. Plenty of cream puffs but everyone has a bunch of those. A number of game on the SEC Plus network. I don't like those as it seems I always have trouble viewing those and you can't record and watch those later. Blue/White game is in Pikeville. I think the proceeds are going to the flood victims of eastern Kentucky.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...2-23-schedule/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Full schedule was released today. I think a pretty non-conference. Both Michigan's, UCLA, at Gonzaga, Louisville and Kansas in Rupp. Plenty of cream puffs but everyone has a bunch of those. A number of game on the SEC Plus network. I don't like those as it seems I always have trouble viewing those and you can't record and watch those later. Blue/White game is in Pikeville. I think the proceeds are going to the flood victims of eastern Kentucky.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...2-23-schedule/
    North Florida and Bellarmine are the only two SEC+ games. The rest are exhibitions and the Blue-White scrimmage.

For a blue blood it could honestly be worse. I understand the frustration especially for rural fans where broadband Internet isn’t as easily accessible though. I just checked WVUs basketball schedule and 13 games are on ESPN+. I travel to Elkins sometimes and the internet there is less than desirable.

Turn Off Ads?