Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2022-2023: Can’t Get Much Worse

Re: UK Basketball 2022-2023: Can’t Get Much Worse

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    North Florida and Bellarmine are the only two SEC+ games. The rest are exhibitions and the Blue-White scrimmage.

For a blue blood it could honestly be worse. I understand the frustration especially for rural fans where broadband Internet isn’t as easily accessible though. I just checked WVUs basketball schedule and 13 games are on ESPN+. I travel to Elkins sometimes and the internet there is less than desirable.
    My problem is with Xfinity. When I tuned in to watch the UK football game a few weeks back that was on SEC Network plus it wasn't available when I pulled up the ESPN App. I tried a few times and nothing. I gave it one final try after a few minutes and it finally showed up. It was well into the 2nd quarter by then. I have no idea what Xfinity was doing. I have had that trouble before too. Like you said though the games on SEC Network plus are the non-descript games. The Florida A&M game will more than likely be a part of that too. If I miss those, its no big loss. But I would like the capability to record them and watch later. I assume there is no way to go back and watch them later?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

The UK/Gonzaga series was extended for six seasons. UK will go to the Kennel in 2027. The Zags come to Rupp twice and there are games in Nashville and Seattle during that time.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...pari-mark-few/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am hoping UK is like UVA was a few years back when they lost to UMBC in the first round and then came back and won it all the next season. That's my best hope for this year and that they are motivated after that debacle against Saint Pete,
    Reds Fan Since 1971

6. Likes:

WVRed (10-12-2022)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I saw this on Facebook this morning. Woody is doing great things with the IU program.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-12-2022)

Will probably be something similar to Gonzaga. Game at Rupp, game at Assembly Hall, game at Louisville and Indianapolis would be my guess.

I think they should set up something similar to the Crossroad Classic where Kentucky and Louisville play Indiana and Purdue and rotate the next year. Could even add Butler/Notre Dame and Murray State/WKU to it and rotate between Indianapolis and Louisville.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

11. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-12-2022),cumberlandreds (10-12-2022)

I think they should set up something similar to the Crossroad Classic where Kentucky and Louisville play Indiana and Purdue and rotate the next year. Could even add Butler/Notre Dame and Murray State/WKU to it and rotate between Indianapolis and Louisville.
    I would rather see IU/Ohio St. vs. UK/Louisville. With a Butler/Cincinnati in there somewhere.

Will probably be something similar to Gonzaga. Game at Rupp, game at Assembly Hall, game at Louisville and Indianapolis would be my guess.

Wonder why Cal has changed his mind. This is basically the exact scenario that was presented to him a few years ago with Crean, and Cal shot it down.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Wonder why Cal has changed his mind. This is basically the exact scenario that was presented to him a few years ago with Crean, and Cal shot it down.
    Maybe it is because Woody is the HC for the Hoosiers?

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-13-2022)

Is this official?

Calipari's players nearly got hurt badly the last time they played in Bloomington. Many of the fans were treated horribly. (This includes, if rumors can be believed, both of his daughters, who were showered with beer, trash, and insults.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Is this official?

Calipari's players nearly got hurt badly the last time they played in Bloomington. Many of the fans were treated horribly. (This includes, if rumors can be believed, both of his daughters, who were showered with beer, trash, and insults.)
    They didn't serve beer in Assembly Hall when that game took place.

They didn't serve beer in Assembly Hall when that game took place.
    Didn't say they did.

Did say they were showered with beer.

Shaken cans, then doused, according to reports.

Waste of beer.

Two reasons:

1. Cal has caught a lot of heat for how last season ended.

2. I don’t think he’s having a whole lot of luck getting neutral site games like he wants. He was called out for it by Mark Few (to be fair, Duke was as called out as well).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

20. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-13-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Didn't say they did.

Did say they were showered with beer.

Shaken cans, then doused, according to reports.

Waste of beer.
    Then it wasn't in Assembly Hall, may have been outside. While I don't condone anyone getting hurt on the court after the game, also gotta take into account where the program was coming in to that game. By anyone's guess, the Hoosiers were a year away from being relevant again. Then to beat UK the way that went down, was just wild. Top 3 moment in IU history for what it meant to the program. Too bad Crean wasn't a better coach, maybe we could have sustained that momentum longer. It's a shame anyone was hurt.

Turn Off Ads?