Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2022-2023: Can’t Get Much Worse

Re: UK Basketball 2022-2023: Can’t Get Much Worse

Oscar just won the Wooden award making him the first ever unanimous player of the year in Kentucky basketball history.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-05-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Keon Brooks throws his hat into the draft ring. But does not hire an agent. I can't believe he would be very high on the draft boards.
    I must say that I am very disappointed in how KBJ's career has been at UK. Draft boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I must say that I am very disappointed in how KBJ's career has been at UK. Draft boards?
    He has been very inconsistent. About half the games he just doesn't seem into it at all. But when he is fully engaged he's terrific. Kansas game is a prime example of that. I have no idea where he projects in the NBA draft. I don't keep up with that and could care less. I'll let others answer that one.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (04-06-2022)

From what I’ve seen not even projected to be drafted. I’m honestly surprised he hasn’t entered the portal yet but I’m betting that’s coming.

Same goes for Bryce Hopkins.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Not a surprise but TyTy is going pro and signed with an agent.

Now for Oscar and Sharpe.

Brooks is a junior. May as well declare to get feedback. I wonder if he'll finally transfer to IU.

Either way, I'm about as down on the program as I've been since 08-09. Facebook memories isn't helping as 8 years ago I was in Dallas at the National Title game and a couple days prior Indy in 2015.

10. Likes:

WVRed (04-07-2022)

UK Basketball 2022-2023: Can’t Get Much Worse

Hopkins in the portal. No surprise there. Illinois, DePaul, Louisville, and Providence listed as possibilities.

Kentucky has also reached out to Norchad Omier from Arkansas State as a replacement. He won the Sun Belt POTY and defensive player of the year.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...norchad-omier/
    Last edited by WVRed; 04-07-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Hopkins in the portal. No surprise there. Illinois, DePaul, Louisville, and Providence listed as possibilities.

Kentucky has also reached out to Norchad Omier from Arkansas State as a replacement. He won the Sun Belt POTY and defensive player of the year.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...norchad-omier/
    Omier is a 6'7" tweener PF who can't shoot from three.

He's definitely a Coach Cal type.

Sick and tired of Cal. Don't even want to think about St Pete. Thank goodness baseball season is here.

Just putting this out but if Cal ever leaves I want Eric Musselman.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Be careful what you wish for.

I have no idea who would be best suited for the job. I do know they had better be able to handle the media and not run from them like BCG did. Also had better know how to schmooze with big dollar alumni. Not to mention recruit better than anyone else in the country. Not an easy job and very, very few are suited for it. The next coach will most likely be a big, big step down from what Cal has done overall at UK.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Be careful what you wish for.
    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I have no idea who would be best suited for the job. I do know they had better be able to handle the media and not run from them like BCG did. Also had better know how to schmooze with big dollar alumni. Not to mention recruit better than anyone else in the country. Not an easy job and very, very few are suited for it. The next coach will most likely be a big, big step down from what Cal has done overall at UK.
    I’m not seeing that.

He can recruit top high school and transfer portal talent to Fayetteville and gets the most out of them. He is charismatic but doesn’t strike me as dismissive of fans like Cal is. Also has a NBA pedigree and connections.

Arkansas is preseason top 3 and possibly no 1 and Musselman is starting to beat Cal at his own game.

I’m not seeing that.

He can recruit top high school and transfer portal talent to Fayetteville and gets the most out of them. He is charismatic but doesn’t strike me as dismissive of fans like Cal is. Also has a NBA pedigree and connections.

Arkansas is preseason top 3 and possibly no 1 and Musselman is starting to beat Cal at his own game.
    Wouldn't be the first time UK plucked a coach from Arkansas. He could be the one. But like I said I don't really know.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

19. Likes:

WVRed (04-08-2022)

Looking more and more like Oscar will be back next season. That’s more impactful than any incoming recruit.

21. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-12-2022)

Turn Off Ads?