Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2022-2023: Can’t Get Much Worse

Re: UK Basketball 2022-2023: Can’t Get Much Worse

Cal got used and deserves all the heat he will get for it. He should have stayed away from this kid because he had to know there was next to no chance he would ever play at UK unless he did in that 2nd semester last season. For whatever reason Cal wouldn't play him. He was burned badly with this.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Cal got used and deserves all the heat he will get for it. He should have stayed away from this kid because he had to know there was next to no chance he would ever play at UK unless he did in that 2nd semester last season. For whatever reason Cal wouldn't play him. He was burned badly with this.
    Going to be really curious to see him Calsplain this one away.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Going to be really curious to see him Calsplain this one away.
    "It's about the kids and what we can do for this kids. We helped fullfill his dream and that's what is all about." Or some other BS like that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Calipari wasn't burned.

He chose not to play an eligible player who most of us believed would have helped the team win.

You can't blame the kid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Calipari wasn't burned.

He chose not to play an eligible player who most of us believed would have helped the team win.

You can't blame the kid for that.
    Cal knew all along he was never going to play him this past season. He was just toying with the fans. He also knew it was highly unlikely Sharpe would never play at UK but took a huge risk anyway. He was burned by making that decision. The only way he can ever live this down with the fans is go out an win a national championship next season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

He’s now entering the draft but not hiring an agent which means he can come back if he chooses.

Either bad information got put out or his camp is doing a LOT of damage control.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...wqMlzB7_Rjb0xo

Best article I’ve read on KSR describing the fans relationship with Calipari right now.

Good article. I think its just been a wearing away of the fans. I think most don't really like the one and done but while it was winning it was fine. Now the winning has stopped and Cal isn't in heaven any longer. Even though he tried the transfer approach last season, it still didn't work and now he is behind the 8 ball with the fans. With Oscar coming back, they are going to have to go real deep, Final Four deep, this next season or there will be avalanche like Cal has not seen before.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Good article. I think its just been a wearing away of the fans. I think most don't really like the one and done but while it was winning it was fine. Now the winning has stopped and Cal isn't in heaven any longer. Even though he tried the transfer approach last season, it still didn't work and now he is behind the 8 ball with the fans. With Oscar coming back, they are going to have to go real deep, Final Four deep, this next season or there will be avalanche like Cal has not seen before.
    I honestly don’t think he cares what that fans think and he has million$ of reasons not to. He’s been laying low since the St Peters game because all of the heat has been on him from the media. I think the avalanche will happen if Shaedon Sharpe goes pro (and he likely will).

I honestly don’t think he cares what that fans think and he has million$ of reasons not to. He’s been laying low since the St Peters game because all of the heat has been on him from the media. I think the avalanche will happen if Shaedon Sharpe goes pro (and he likely will).
    That and Wagner goes to UL. No Cal doesn't care and if I were as rich I probably wouldn't either. The Sharpe and Wagner decisions and how the team fares next season will be the tipping point of his entire tenure at UK. If everything goes the wrong way then things will not be pretty.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Keep an eye on Baylor Scheierman. 6’6 guard from South Dakota State who just entered the portal.

Antonio Reeves looked like a lock to commit before Scheierman entered the portal yesterday. With Sharpe possibly (likely) leaving getting the Summit League Player of the Year would go a long ways.

Keep an eye on Baylor Scheierman. 6’6 guard from South Dakota State who just entered the portal.

Antonio Reeves looked like a lock to commit before Scheierman entered the portal yesterday. With Sharpe possibly (likely) leaving getting the Summit League Player of the Year would go a long ways.
    If either or both can shoot the three I'll take them. IMO they need to put the four best three point shooters on the floor with Oscar and let it go with that. That's kinda what Villanova has done in recent years and its worked well for them.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

If either or both can shoot the three I'll take them. IMO they need to put the four best three point shooters on the floor with Oscar and let it go with that. That's kinda what Villanova has done in recent years and its worked well for them.
    Scheierman looks like the better player.

Problem is outside of Fredrick who right now would be coming off the bench I don’t see a three point shooter on this team next year.

Scheierman looks like the better player.

Problem is outside of Fredrick who right now would be coming off the bench I don’t see a three point shooter on this team next year.
    That's the reason he needs to get shooters in. Without a good corps of three point shooters then its going to be more of the same.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

UK Basketball 2022-2023: Can’t Get Much Worse

That's the reason he needs to get shooters in. Without a good corps of three point shooters then its going to be more of the same.
    As long as they can defend.

That’s what killed them against Saint Peters. Grady and Mintz forgot how to guard the perimeter.

3 point shooting overall has been a troubling trend under Calipari. We haven’t had anyone consistent since Jamal Murray.

Oregon is in on Antonio Reeves now and can offer significant NIL money and playing time. If Scheierman is the guy Cal better lock him up quick.
    Last edited by WVRed; 04-26-2022 at 03:07 PM.

Turn Off Ads?