Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bruce Willis

Bruce Willis

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bruce Willis

Had to google what it is. Shoot, hope it works out.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-31-2022),Revering4Blue (03-30-2022)

Did he have a stroke? I don’t think that’s something that just happens, but maybe?

I had been wondering why he was making so many straight to streaming movies recently. Makes sense now. He was making as much money as possible before it was too late. This is a huge bummer, a great actor.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Read a pretty in depth article on his struggles- but this really explains why he did 22 films in 4 years and none had more than a day or so worth of shooting/lines.

He was basically making a few million here and there and was really struggling, like firing a prop gun at least twice at the wrong time- so irresponsible from his handlers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I had been wondering why he was making so many straight to streaming movies recently. Makes sense now. He was making as much money as possible before it was too late. This is a huge bummer, a great actor.
    He really is talented. That face could carry a movie all by itrself.

8. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (03-31-2022),Revering4Blue (03-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Did he have a stroke? I don’t think that’s something that just happens, but maybe?
    You're correct that it doesn't just happen. Aphasia is the result of a some type neurological pathology, like a tumor, stroke, trauma, or dementia. I've seen Bruce's described as neurodegenerative aphasia so it is looking like some type of dementia.

This is really devastating news. He's one of my favorite actors.

10. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (03-31-2022),M2 (03-31-2022),marcshoe (03-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Had to google what it is. Shoot, hope it works out.
    I had to look it up too. That type of disease has to be one of the worst. It robs you of being you. I hope he and his family will cope well and do the best they can.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    You're correct that it doesn't just happen. Aphasia is the result of a some type neurological pathology, like a tumor, stroke, trauma, or dementia. I've seen Bruce's described as neurodegenerative aphasia so it is looking like some type of dementia.

That's not what O. Henry said. Of course he might not have been an actual doctor.

I only know Aphasia from his stories, btw, and he seems to have not known what it was.

http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-st...RambApha.shtml

"Here's another one of these fake aphasia cases," he said, presently, handing me his newspaper, and laying his finger upon an article. "I don't believe in 'em. I put nine out of ten of 'em down as frauds. A man gets sick of his business and his folks and wants to have a good time. He skips out somewhere, and when they find him he pretends to have lost his memory - don't know his own name, and won't even recognize the strawberry mark on his wife's left shoulder. Aphasia! Tut! Why can't they stay at home and forget?"
    I was pretty disappointed when I found out it's a serious condition. That's what I get for trusting a writer known for his irony, I guess.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    That's not what O. Henry said. Of course he might not have been an actual doctor.

I only know Aphasia from his stories, btw, and he seems to have not known what it was.

http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-st...RambApha.shtml

I was pretty disappointed when I found out it's a serious condition. That's what I get for trusting a writer known for his irony, I guess.
    I was pretty disappointed when I found out this wasn’t a long anecdote about a candy bar.

14. Likes:

marcshoe (03-31-2022),westofyou (03-31-2022)

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post

Yeah, not just rock solid at what he did as the prototypical action star (I put the first 4 DieHards up against the Bournes or just about any similar franchise) but he did some other pretty great stuff that required another level of performance (Looper and 12 Monkeys spring to mind).

And on top of that, man alive, he was such a great TV talk show guest. So quick, so funny, so ready to play around and do skits and pretapes. So sad that very wit and charm is the thing being stolen from him now.

I wish his friends and family all the strength and patience in the world, because as much as this sucks for us fans, it's gonna be double tough for them.

16. Likes:

Larkin Fan (04-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post
    Yeah, not just rock solid at what he did as the prototypical action star (I put the first 4 DieHards up against the Bournes or just about any similar franchise) but he did some other pretty great stuff that required another level of performance (Looper and 12 Monkeys spring to mind).

And on top of that, man alive, he was such a great TV talk show guest. So quick, so funny, so ready to play around and do skits and pretapes. So sad that very wit and charm is the thing being stolen from him now.

I wish his friends and family all the strength and patience in the world, because as much as this sucks for us fans, it's gonna be double tough for them.
    Even willing to host when he showed up as a guest on Letterman and the host was out with an eye infection.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

18. Likes:

FlightRick (03-31-2022)

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Turn Off Ads?