Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Lodolo

Re: Nick Lodolo

Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    I'm convinced that if a pitcher's last name ends with "o" the Reds should grab them. I mean it cannot be a coincidence that it worked starting with Soto, and then Franco, Rijo, Cueto, Castillo and now Lodolo.

Maybe we shouldn't stop with pitchers since it worked with Votto also. Maybe Berraro is next. Let's hold on to Aquino too.
    sal romano too! (wait, no, no, definitely not him. lol.)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    lol. Okay, let me explain. I'm not saying that every pitcher ending with O is good, just that a high percentage of Reds' top pitchers have a last name that ends with O.

So you have to sift through a lot of dirt to find the gold. But isn't that what they do now anyway? Maybe it increases our chances by making sure that pile of dirt with gold peppered in, all ends in O. Yeah, I'm not serious, but find it coincidental that so many of our aces fit the O criteria.

4. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-16-2022),Chip R (09-16-2022),JFLegal (09-16-2022),Revering4Blue (09-16-2022),wally post (03-12-2023),WrongVerb (09-17-2022)

lol. Okay, let me explain. I'm not saying that every pitcher ending with O is good, just that a high percentage of Reds' top pitchers have a last name that ends with O.

So you have to sift through a lot of dirt to find the gold. But isn't that what they do now anyway? Maybe it increases our chances by making sure that pile of dirt with gold peppered in, all ends in O. Yeah, I'm not serious, but find it coincidental that so many of our aces fit the O criteria.
    lmao! gave it a like.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Cheerio!

I’m glad this guy is a Red.

8. Likes:

NC Reds (09-25-2022),Old school 1983 (09-25-2022),Ron Madden (09-25-2022),wally post (03-12-2023)

Quality rookie SPs are not a thing the Reds do a lot. Lodolo joins Luis Castillo and Tony Cingrani in recent history. Before that I think you have to go back to Tom Browning for a rookie SP having an unquestionably good season.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Quality rookie SPs are not a thing the Reds do a lot. Lodolo joins Luis Castillo and Tony Cingrani in recent history. Before that I think you have to go back to Tom Browning for a rookie SP having an unquestionably good season.
    Leake had a fairly decent rookie year. Nothing crazy. But serviceable

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Leake had a fairly decent rookie year. Nothing crazy. But serviceable
    Yeah, but he had a 96 ERA+. Rookie SPs that have been legit good have been a rarity.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Gary Nolan, Wayne Simpson, Pat Zachry - and I know you said recent history but I consider any year in my life recent history.
    Where we gonna go?

14. Likes:

GAC (03-21-2023)

interesting stat he has hit more batters than he has given up home runs. 18 14 his curve ball into right hand hitters harder to hit but not to be hit.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

The final start of Nick Lodolo's rookie season comes to an end after pitching five innings.

He allowed one run, two hits and five walks. He has a 3.66 ERA on the season.

Lodolo had a 2.75 ERA in his last nine starts with 67 strikeouts and 15 walks in 55 2/3 innings.

17. Likes:

Jaysland Red (10-01-2022),klw (10-01-2022),Old school 1983 (10-01-2022),Redsfaithful (10-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    But Jordan Romano - definitely yes!

Arroyo! It’s a new analytic.

Maybe if they begin with O too.

Overton.

Lodolo completes solid rookie season

Nick Lodolo, who missed two months with a back injury and showed improvement in nearly every successive start during the second half of the season, posted a 2.75 ERA in his last nine starts with 67 strikeouts and 15 walks across 55 2/3 innings.

The 24-year-old Lodolo completed his rookie season with a 4-7 record and a 3.66 ERA in 19 starts. He was the Reds' first rookie starter to pitch at least 100 innings with an ERA under 3.75 since Tony Cingrani in 2013.

Lodolo, who made his final start of the season Saturday at Wrigley Field, isn’t a finished product, but he showed why he is a pitcher the Reds plan to build their future rotation around.

His last start was a fine example: He permitted two hits and one run across five innings against the Chicago Cubs, but he walked five and hit a batter.

He hit 19 batters this year, the first Reds pitcher to hit more than 18 in a season in more than a century. His five walks Saturday were a career high.

The 6-foot-6 lefty didn’t have command issues in the minor leagues, so he should continue to improve in that area.

Lodolo overpowers hitters with a mid-90s fastball, which rates highly among left-handed starters, and a curveball that comes from a unique angle. He’s developing a changeup, and he says that is the pitch he wants to keep improving during the offseason.

He induced two groundouts with his changeup in the third inning, a pitch designed to keep hitters from sitting on his fastball.
    story here:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s/69532664007/

21. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-02-2022)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Nick Lodolo will follow Hunter Greene and start game 2 in the regular season:

“Great for Hunter. He deserves it. He’s going to lead us and we’re going to follow behind him.

I mean, I’m in my second year and I’m starting Game 2, I’ll take it. Let’s roll.”

23. Likes:

goreds2 (03-11-2023),Old school 1983 (03-11-2023)

Turn Off Ads?