Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Nick Lodolo

Re: Nick Lodolo

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    I think Lodolo is great, but with his issues with durability I don't think I pay market rates to keep hi past his FA availability. (Team friendly extension? Sure, why not)

I'd just let him do his thing for the Reds for a few years and then hope that they have developed some reinforcements by the time he walks or is flipped for the next wave of prospects.
    Tall lefties often age well. If the Reds follow their normal flip schedule, he's only got through the end of next season. My assumption is this winter is when they'll sort out whether he gets an extension or goes year-to-year in arbitration. I would assume that staying healthy between here and there would be a factor in compelling the Reds to consider the extension route.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

De La Cruz homers and Lodolo strikes out 11 in a combined 4-hitter as the Reds beat Padres 5-2

Nick Lodolo combined with two relievers on a four-hitter and struck out 11 as the Cincinnati Reds beat San Diego 5-2 on Monday night.

Lodolo (3-0) retired his final 18 batters after issuing consecutive walks to open the second inning.

De La Cruz got this series going with an impressive homer with one out in the first. Knuckleballer Matt Waldron, batting lefty against the righty, the 22-year-old star drove a 91 mph sinker to left-center, where it bounced out of the Padres' bullpen and flew over the Reds' bullpen to a row of seats at the back of the ballpark.

The Padres tied it on Jurickson Profar's leadoff homer, his fourth. But the Reds regained the lead in the second on a single, a double, Santiago Espinal's sacrifice fly and Waldron's balk. Benson hit a leadoff double in the third and scored on Spencer Steer's one-out double.

Lodolo walked Xander Bogaerts and Ha-Seong Kim opening the second, pitching coach Derek Johnson noticed something early. Nick was able to make the adjustment on the fly. After that, it was just great.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...-2/ar-AA1nTLGl

Nick is doing very well, I love it.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Lodolo walked Xander Bogaerts and Ha-Seong Kim opening the second, pitching coach Derek Johnson noticed something early. Nick was able to make the adjustment on the fly. After that, it was just great.

Given the Pads crazy lineup, I was genuinely worried that the wheels were going to come off in that second inning. It was impressive how quickly (and easily) Ladolo was able to take whatever message DJ gave him and get right back to dominating.
    Nothing but gas

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-30-2024)

Trade him for 4 months of Dylan Cease, I say!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

If memory serves the team talked extension with Lodolo last spring and it didn't go anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powder River View Post

Given the Pads crazy lineup, I was genuinely worried that the wheels were going to come off in that second inning. It was impressive how quickly (and easily) Ladolo was able to take whatever message DJ gave him and get right back to dominating.
    That may have been the best before and after of a pitching coach visit to the mound that I have ever seen.

9. Likes:

mgbrown66 (04-30-2024),Ron Madden (04-30-2024)

He's got 3 more years before free agency - I'd work on buying out arb at the very least. He's young so its not like they are going to be giving him 25 million per year for these next few years, even though, if he keeps it up this year, he'll perform better than some getting that much.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Trade him for 4 months of Dylan Cease, I say!
    Last year it was for Musgrove, who looks awful. I think one idea was even Steer and Lodolo for Musgrove.

Or Lodolo for half a year of Peralta.

None of these were attractive long term moves, and only potentially short term attractive in a worst case scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Member when some here were victory lapping (and I conceded it to them) that we should have picked Manoah instead of him. I remember!

Ya'll are tempting the injury fates right now. Just let him go game to game right now and if he makes it through the season without a major injury then maybe think about an extension.

14. Likes:

mgbrown66 (05-01-2024),mth123 (05-01-2024),Sea Ray (05-01-2024),UPRedsFan (05-01-2024)

The Reds did have Nick on the OD roster in 2022 where of course had they held him back a bit we’d have him for one more year. I don’t like service time games but if you aren’t going to hold guys down to gain an extra year you need to be willing to pay up at a reasonable price so I just hope if Lodolo continues to perform the Reds don’t cheap out.

Turn Off Ads?