Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Lodolo

Re: Nick Lodolo

bsjwriter
    @bsjwriter
    @nightengalejr

Why no Lodolo tonight? Will he pitch Friday?

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

He threw 70+ pitches in a simulated game at the complex today.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Should have gone against our Minor League Camp players.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

With the off day for the Reds Someone was going to be skipped and need to pitch a simulated or minor league game. The simulated game would most likely be against Reds minor league or even major league players.
    Lodolo had pitched better than the rest of the starters this spring IMHO so a simulated game made sense for him.
    Reds fan since 1968 win or lose.

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-18-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Gary Nolan, Wayne Simpson, Pat Zachry - and I know you said recent history but I consider any year in my life recent history.
    Amen! LOL

Just joined this discussion, so I don't know if it's been mentioned or not. I have no issue with Greene being the OD starter. But I always thought that was an honor that was earned. And Nick, hands down IMO, has earned that this Spring. JMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

7. Likes:

wally post (03-27-2023)

Lodolo looks ready for season in second-to-last spring

Mar. 21—Nick Lodolo delivered his best and longest start of the spring Monday, throwing six scoreless innings for the Cincinnati Reds in a 10-0 victory against the Los Angeles Angels.

Ten days before Opening Day at Great American Ball Park, Lodolo lowered his spring ERA to 1.93. He struck out eight and walked three while allowing three hits. He's 4-0 in four appearances. He said he's closer to being ready to start the season.

"If my next start was in the season, I'd be ready to roll," Lodolo told reporters in Arizona.

Of the returning starters, no one has pitched better this spring than Lodolo.

Story Here:
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/reds-star...183800523.html

if the top 3 starters stay healthy (which probably defies the odds, but you never know) this team could actually be interesting to follow this year.

10. Likes:

malcontent (03-22-2023)

I'm starting to believe that this organization actually does know how to develop pitchers.

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-22-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Amen! LOL

Just joined this discussion, so I don't know if it's been mentioned or not. I have no issue with Greene being the OD starter. But I always thought that was an honor that was earned. And Nick, hands down IMO, has earned that this Spring. JMO.
    I felt that it was a tremendous insult to Lodolo to name Greene the opening day starter two weeks ago. It was a very premature call by Bell. The opening day starter should be either the pitcher who is pitching the best at that time or a historically dominant veteran that is still pitching well.

14. Likes:

GAC (03-22-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    I felt that it was a tremendous insult to Lodolo to name Greene the opening day starter two weeks ago. It was a very premature call by Bell. The opening day starter should be either the pitcher who is pitching the best at that time or a historically dominant veteran that is still pitching well.
    Maybe...I'm not sure a ST battle should determine who your #1 starter is though. Plus not everyone wants to pitch on opening day, and with the unknown around your #5 spot they might not want a lefty going first just in case a guy like Williamson gets the 5th spot.

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Nick Lodolo will follow Hunter Greene and start game 2 in the regular season:

“Great for Hunter. He deserves it. He’s going to lead us and we’re going to follow behind him.

I mean, I’m in my second year and I’m starting Game 2, I’ll take it. Let’s roll.”

17. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-22-2023),malcontent (03-22-2023),Old school 1983 (03-22-2023),RED VAN HOT (03-22-2023)

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

Last year, since he was on the Reds’ taxi squad, Nick Lodolo watched pregame introductions on Opening Day from the tunnel.

“This year, I’ll be on the line. I’m excited.”

The Reds’ No. 2 starter couldn’t feel more ready for the start of the season.

19. Likes:

goreds2 (03-26-2023)

Maybe this will look foolish in a couple of years but I think Lodolo will have a better career than Greene. Not a knock on Greene who I think will be good, but Lodolo has that Sale or Kershaw air about him. If the Reds can get a decent 4 and move Cessa to 5 then the starting rotation is looking pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by thejanitor View Post
    Maybe this will look foolish in a couple of years but I think Lodolo will have a better career than Greene. Not a knock on Greene who I think will be good, but Lodolo has that Sale or Kershaw air about him. If the Reds can get a decent 4 and move Cessa to 5 then the starting rotation is looking pretty good.
    The Cole Hamel comparison always comes to mind for me with Lodolo.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Quote Originally Posted by thejanitor View Post
    I don't think it's crazy to think that Greene may have a Homer Bailey-ish career where he teases with absolute dominance but never quite reaches "ace" status.
    "The fact that Casali had concussions is irrelevant" ~757690

23. Likes:

757690 (04-02-2023),mth123 (04-02-2023)

Lodolo is the big pterodactyl.

Turn Off Ads?