Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Golf Thread

2022 Golf Thread

As mentioned in another thread, Tiger looking to tee it up this week in Masters.

Made my first trip to Augusta National for the Monday practice round. Saw Tiger hammer a drive down the middle on 7, then knock his approach pin high. His legs are definitely not 100%.

All the guys spent a lot of time putting around the greens in anticipation of pin placements this week. Now that I’ve seen the course in person, I can describe the greens in one word: diabolical. Tv simply can’t do justice to the contouring and steep slopes on/around the greens.

FWIW, we have more big storms coming through north GA again tomorrow, the. The weather really cools off through the weekend. That won’t make it easy for the guys with medical issues, like balky backs or rods, pins, plates and screws in a leg.

2. Likes:

Redhook (04-05-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2022 Golf Thread

Woods is 45-1 to win, which is just a license for books to print money.

5. Likes:

Hoosier Red (04-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    As mentioned in another thread, Tiger looking to tee it up this week in Masters.

Made my first trip to Augusta National for the Monday practice round. Saw Tiger hammer a drive down the middle on 7, then knock his approach pin high. His legs are definitely not 100%.

All the guys spent a lot of time putting around the greens in anticipation of pin placements this week. Now that I’ve seen the course in person, I can describe the greens in one word: diabolical. Tv simply can’t do justice to the contouring and steep slopes on/around the greens.

FWIW, we have more big storms coming through north GA again tomorrow, the. The weather really cools off through the weekend. That won’t make it easy for the guys with medical issues, like balky backs or rods, pins, plates and screws in a leg.
    Wow, thanks for sharing. That had to be quite the experience. The first two days should see some lower scores with the soft conditions, but it could get super crispy and fast over the weekend.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

My Top 11+ OWGR predictions:

Scheffler - 20th
    Rahm - 12th
    Morikawa - 15th
    Hovland - 10th
    Cantlay - 3rd
    Smith - 6th
    JT - 2nd
    DJ - 8th
    Rory - 32nd
    Xander - 14th
    Burns - 19th
    Koepka - 1st
    Tiger - 7th
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I'm taking a small play on Tiger to miss the cut -120. It seems impossible that anyone in his position would make the cut, but it's Tiger, so I'll only bet small dollars against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm taking a small play on Tiger to miss the cut -120. It seems impossible that anyone in his position would make the cut, but it's Tiger, so I'll only bet small dollars against him.
    I did the opposite ��. I bet $2 on him to win. I’ll never bet against him. If he can walk 36 holes, I believe he’s making the cut.

10. Likes:

Stray (04-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I did the opposite ��. I bet $2 on him to win. I’ll never bet against him. If he can walk 36 holes, I believe he’s making the cut.
    I don't think Tiger would walk 36 holes if he didn't think his game was good enough to contend for a win. If his game was borderline making the cut I don't think he'd bother. I expect him to play well, because it's gonna be painful for him to do it.

12. Likes:

Redhook (04-06-2022)

And while I do think Tiger will play well. This week feels like Cameron Smith's week. His game is so freaking good right now and he rolls his putts like Spieth did in his prime.

My 3 picks would be: Cameron Smith, JT, and my longshot Brian Harman.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    And while I do think Tiger will play well. This week feels like Cameron Smith's week. His game is so freaking good right now and he rolls his putts like Spieth did in his prime.

My 3 picks would be: Cameron Smith, JT, and my longshot Brian Harman.
    I love his game, but winning the The Players and The Masters in the same year would be an incredible feat. He is the best putter I’ve ever seen though. He’s better than Spieth at his best. I’d take Jack and Tiger over Smith in the final round of a major, but Smith is one of the best putters ever.

Harman is really good. With the soft conditions, I think it’ll be tough for players like him and Kisner to be there come the weekend.

Time to be a couch potato for four straight days. This is by far my favorite golf tournament of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Time to be a couch potato for four straight days. This is by far my favorite sporting event of the year.
    Fixed it for you . I’m so giddy, like a kid on Christmas Eve. Can’t wait to watch as much as I can.

17. Likes:

Stray (04-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Fixed it for you . I’m so giddy, like a kid on Christmas Eve. Can’t wait to watch as much as I can.
    The Bengals were in the Super Bowl this year so the Masters is gonna be a 2nd for me in 2022. But every other year of my life you're absolutely right. I love everything about this tournament. I love watching golf in general, but no tournament clears my schedule like the Masters.

19. Likes:

Redhook (04-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Woods is 45-1 to win, which is just a license for books to print money.
    As I was saying...

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...sters-longshot

Forecast looks good. Tomorrow should be the best scoring day. It gets windy and cooler Friday-Sat. It should be lightning fast on Sunday with those pins.

Mike Weir 1 over through 6 after a double-bogey on 1. This might be his greatest stretch of golf in a decade!

Turn Off Ads?