Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Golf Thread

Re: 2022 Golf Thread

In a work meeting but just saw update that Tiger with a bird on 6.

I bet you could hear the crowd roar for miles.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Is Phil hurt? I understand that he is not playing well, but one wouldn't think that he would pass up The Masters. Seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Is Phil hurt? I understand that he is not playing well, but one wouldn't think that he would pass up The Masters. Seems odd to me.
    His feelings are.

Jason Kokrak has three birdies in a row to get into a tie for second. Im has come out smoking with three straight birdies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    And while I do think Tiger will play well. This week feels like Cameron Smith's week. His game is so freaking good right now and he rolls his putts like Spieth did in his prime.

My 3 picks would be: Cameron Smith, JT, and my longshot Brian Harman.
    Your boy is looking great especially after doubling the first. He’s the best putter I’ve ever seen. No doubt about it. He doesn’t miss the short ones like Jordan does and did a little bit even at his best.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Pretty sweet round for Smith sandwiched between two double bogeys!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Pretty sweet round for Smith sandwiched between two double bogeys!
    Yeah, how about that? Crazy. He’s very resilient, calm and confident. I doubt he wins because it’s nearly impossible to win The Players and The Masters in the same year, but maybe he proves me wrong.

Personally, I had a great day. Watched 5 hours nonstop including seeing Tiger back in action, then taught golf for 3 hours and now watching the replay. Perfect day. Tomorrow = rinse and repeat.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Yeah this still feels like Cam Smith's week, tho the wind is gonna be up tomorrow and who knows what'll happen. He's just so good around and on the greens he's on a different level than other players right now.

I thought Tiger scored well today. It wasn't pretty and he had some pretty terrible shots in there, but managed a -1 round.

10. Likes:

Redhook (04-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Yeah this still feels like Cam Smith's week, tho the wind is gonna be up tomorrow and who knows what'll happen. He's just so good around and on the greens he's on a different level than other players right now.

I thought Tiger scored well today. It wasn't pretty and he had some pretty terrible shots in there, but managed a -1 round.
    Yes, the wind could be a huge factor. Not exactly the same as The Players where nearly half of the field was eliminated, but it could be a huge advantage for the morning wave to get half or more than half their rounds in before the major winds hit.

If they offered you par for the tournament, would you take it?

Tiger bogeys four of the first five holes, and currently stands at +3. The projected cut is +4.

Tiger is back on the prowl with 2 birdies and 3 pars over his last five holes.

He needs to make up his mind and either blow up so I win my bet on him missing the cut or put together a rally to make the weekend more interesting (and the books sweat!).

Tiger ends up at +1. Scottie Scheffler threatening to run away with the Green Jacket. He has a five-stroke lead at -8.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If they offered you par for the tournament, would you take it?
    YES! I’d be rich.

Turn Off Ads?