Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Golf Thread

Re: 2022 Golf Thread

Boring day. Who would’ve thought when the season started that Scheffler and Smith would be the best two players by a wide margin this year.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

The book can be closed on Tiger after today's round - 5 bogeys and 2 double bogeys. Maybe, physically, he is wearing down. He certainly looked like an old 46 coming down the stretch.

4. Likes:

SomeCallMeTim (04-09-2022)

The cold weather or his leg finally got to Tiger today. He 4 putted #5.

Scheffler’s lead was cut to 3, but is now back to 5. This guy is amazing. Could have 4 wins including a major in a 2+ month span.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Yeah this still feels like Cam Smith's week
    Whatever you’re feeling must feel really good
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Rory McIlroy is up from the depths of hell. 7 under par today through 13. That moves him into 3rd place, just one shot behind Cameron Smith for second. Long way to go to get to Scottie Scheffler, who is toting a 5-stroke advantage over Rory, presently.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Rory McIlroy is up from the depths of hell. 7 under par today through 13. That moves him into 3rd place, just one shot behind Cameron Smith for second. Long way to go to get to Scottie Scheffler, who is toting a 5-stroke advantage over Rory, presently.
    I put $2 on him to win $1,100. I started getting a little nervous. Rory did too. Rope hooked his last 4 drives. He hit some atrocious shots after the eagle. Then holed it on 18. Oh my God!

Feel bad for Smith. Just totally mentally checked out after he splashed it on 12.

Rory with an adventurous 18. Bunker, bunker and birdie. His 64 is one off of the Master's record.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-10-2022 at 06:21 PM.

11. Likes:

Stray (04-10-2022)

Scottie Scheffler earns himself a green jacket. #1 with a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The book can be closed on Tiger after today's round - 5 bogeys and 2 double bogeys. Maybe, physically, he is wearing down. He certainly looked like an old 46 coming down the stretch.
    Maybe you're right, but I wouldn't close the book just yet. We have no idea what 100% for him is, but he certainly isn't there yet. In time his leg will get better, whether that's enough for him to compete in tournaments is another story. He still has enough power to play at this level. It's walking well enough to properly practice to prepare and not wear down over 72 holes that remains to be seen.

I mean he had a 360+ yard drive yesterday. There were glimpses, but also a lot of terrible approach shots.

Happy for Scheffler, he seems like a genuinely good dude who gets it. Cam had his chances, he had Schef on the ropes after 2 but Scheffler's chip in on 3 flipped it and settled Scottie down. And idk what that 9 iron was on 12, maybe the worst 9 iron I've ever seen Cam hit, but he'll get his green jacket sooner than later. He's way too good around Augusta to not win one.

Re: 2022 Golf Thre

Maybe you're right, but I wouldn't close the book just yet. We have no idea what 100% for him is, but he certainly isn't there yet. In time his leg will get better, whether that's enough for him to compete in tournaments is another story. He still has enough power to play at this level. It's walking well enough to properly practice to prepare and not wear down over 72 holes that remains to be seen.

I mean he had a 360+ yard drive yesterday. There were glimpses, but also a lot of terrible approach shots.
    Tiger can and will win again. I don’t think he’ll catch Jack, but he’s he’s looking pretty solid after nearly 18 months off and a leg with medal rods in it. Pretty impressive, but expected for him. I doubt he wins this year, but next year looks promising.

Happy for Scheffler, he seems like a genuinely good dude who gets it. Cam had his chances, he had Schef on the ropes after 2 but Scheffler's chip in on 3 flipped it and settled Scottie down. And idk what that 9 iron was on 12, maybe the worst 9 iron I've ever seen Cam hit, but he'll get his green jacket sooner than later. He's way too good around Augusta to not win one.
    Scheffler is amazing. There’s nothing negative you can say about him. Easy to root for all-American guy. #3 was super lucky though. Most likely, he would’ve made made bogey had that shot not hit the pin. As much as I like Scottie and want him to win because he’s on my fantasy team, I was disappointed when that shot went in and how the tournament was really boring overall after that. I actually left after hole 15 and played 9 holes with my son.

Cam is fantastic. He’s on an incredible run though. I’d be surprised if he ever wins a green jacket though. He’s on a heater. He’ll cool off and there’s so many great players similar to him. The depth right now is incredible.

This was Scheffler from about a week ago talking about if he were to win the Masters.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/s...97644919078913

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Cam is fantastic. He’s on an incredible run though. I’d be surprised if he ever wins a green jacket though. He’s on a heater. He’ll cool off and there’s so many great players similar to him. The depth right now is incredible.
    I agree with this in general for golf, but disagree at Augusta only. The guys that know how to play this course can always contend. Even when their game is off. I mean Couples contended well into his 50s. And Danny Willett was in contention this week. It's a course that some guys just get, and Cam is one of em. I'd be shocked if he doesn't win a jacket in the next 3 years. He just gets the course.

Tho that shot on 12 today is some serious scar tissue. Many great golfers have dunked it there on Sunday and never fully recovered. Spieth comes to mind.

Turn Off Ads?