Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MLB In Season Discussion

2022 MLB In Season Discussion

This is for all MLB discussion for the 2022 season other than the Reds.

First item of business is that the first game of the season has already been postponed for bad weather.

https://www.mlb.com/news/red-sox-yan...2022-postponed
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-06-2022),Hamilton95 (04-06-2022),LeatherPants (04-06-2022),Ron Madden (04-06-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2022 MLB In Season Discussion

Acuna Jr. taking shots at Freeman probably isn't going to go over well in the Braves' clubhouse. Not only will you have guys that love Freddie in there, but quite a few of them will be annoyed that he's discussing these things publicly as opposed to keeping them internal.

5. Likes:

goreds2 (04-07-2022)

Mariners/Twins have been postponed because of bad weather. So Winker and Suarez have to wait another day to make their Mariner debut.

Nats/Mets moved their start time to 7 pm due to rain rolling through the DC area most of the day.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Padres, Twins Agree To Trade Involving Chris Paddack, Taylor Rogers

The Twins and Padres are in agreement on a trade that will send left-handed reliever Taylor Rogers to San Diego and starter Chris Paddack to Minnesota, ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports (Twitter thread). The two parties were reportedly in talks on a deal last night. Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic tweets that the Twins will also acquire right-hander Emilio Pagan as part of the swap. The Athletic’s Dennis Lin tweets that outfielder/first baseman Brent Rooker is also going to the Padres in the deal.

Minnesota is acquiring a pair of arms under club control for multiple seasons, as Paddack, who is earning $2.25MM in 2021 is only in his first season of arbitration eligibility. He’s controlled through the 2024 campaign. Pagan, meanwhile, is earning $2.3MM this season and is controlled through 2023 via arbitration. Rogers, 31, is set to earn $7.3MM this season in his final year of club control before reaching free agency. Rooker, 27, doesn’t yet have a full year of Major League service and is controllable through the 2027 season.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I like that deal for San Diego. It's not a bad return for Rogers, but Minnesota's pen is now a fairly significant weakness.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

This is the most indifferent I've felt about a baseball season in my 46 years. That said, I'm looking forward to having it back.

How scary good is that Dodger team, though? Just an absolute beast. Will they win 120 games?

Baseball means warmth Joeyjection19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    This is the most indifferent I've felt about a baseball season in my 46 years. That said, I'm looking forward to having it back.

How scary good is that Dodger team, though? Just an absolute beast. Will they win 120 games?
    I have some slight concerns with Dodgers pitching. The young pitchers are a bit banged up and the older guys may be fading. I still think they'll win the west handily but I don't think they're the Death Star everyone's made them to be.

11. Likes:

Sea Ray (04-07-2022),westofyou (04-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjection19 View Post
    I have some slight concerns with Dodgers pitching. The young pitchers are a bit banged up and the older guys may be fading. I still think they'll win the west handily but I don't think they're the Death Star everyone's made them to be.
    Their pitching depth is lacking after years of not, it will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Their pitching depth is lacking after years of not, it will be interesting
    which means we have the inevitable rumors of every smaller market teams starting pitchers being traded to the Dodgers....or Yankees.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    which means we have the inevitable rumors of every smaller market teams starting pitchers being traded to the Dodgers....or Yankees.
    I've been expecting to see Castillo traded to the Dodgers for the past couple years now, so that would not be a surprise for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I've been expecting to see Castillo traded to the Dodgers for the past couple years now, so that would not be a surprise for me.
    Dustin May, Miguel Vargas, and Andre Jackson for Castillo.

Doesn't hurt the Dodgers at all right now, and they can withstand the loss of a couple of prospects.

And the 2022 season is underway...................
    Reds Fan Since 1971

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-07-2022)

The Nationals have finalized their Opening Day roster, announcing this morning that non-roster invitees Dee Strange-Gordon, Maikel Franco and Víctor Arano all made the big league club.

Strange-Gordon returns to the majors after splitting the 2021 season between three Triple-A teams.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com

I remember last year everyone lost their damn minds about Dee Strange-Gordon making the team cause he was Larkin's buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Cubs-Brewers game has been really good, so far.

It always seems like so many of the first games of the season are snooze-fests. Not this one.

21. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-07-2022)

Turn Off Ads?