Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Transactions 2022 Season

Reds Transactions 2022 Season

Reds, Sandy Leon Agree To Minor League Contract

The Reds and free-agent catcher Sandy Leon have agreed to a minor league contract, reports Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic (Twitter link).

Leon, 33, will give Cincinnati some extra catching depth after they traded Tucker Barnhart to the Tigers this offseason. The emergence of young Tyler Stephenson played a large role in prompting that trade, and Stephenson is locked in as the primary backstop for manager David Bell, but Leon could eventually get a look in the big leagues should Stephenson incur an injury or should current backup Aramis Garcia struggle or get hurt.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Transactions 2022 Season

He pitched in six games last year. Maybe the Reds saw something they liked. After all they have five relievers with about the same ERA or worse.

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

The Reds have added IF Alejo Lopez to the taxi squad. He’ll be with the team as Jonathan India navigates a hamstring injury.

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds

The Reds have traded RHP Riley O’Brien to the Mariners in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

They (the Mariners) have this poor fielding LF who is only batting with a .629 OPS. I'd say, let's take a shot on him. Maybe we strike it lucky and he becomes an All-Star, beloved for his long neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

Reds have signed Ross Detwiler to a Minor League deal. Nice pickup
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...-detwiler.html

The Reds have signed lefty Ross Detwiler to a minor league contract, per Baseball America’s Chris Hilburn-Trenkle. The CAA client hasn’t yet been assigned to an affiliate, but his deal with the team is also reflected on the Reds’ transactions log at MLB.com.

Detwiler, 36, split the 2021 season between the Marlins and Padres, working to a combined 4.64 ERA with a 27.1% strikeout rate, an 8.7% walk rate and a 39.9% ground-ball rate in 52 1/3 innings. Detwiler made five starts, albeit working primarily as an opener, though his work to kick off games did not go well. The well-traveled southpaw notched a 2.82 ERA as a reliever while holding opponents to an awful .186/.287/.311 batting line. As a starter, he tossed 7 2/3 innings and was clobbered for 13 runs on 14 hits (seven homers) and three walks, with opponents batting .378/.439/1.054.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent

Reds reinstated 2B Jonathan India from the IL and added IF Matt Reynolds. IF Alejo Lopez optioned to AAA, IF/OF JT Riddle designated for assignment

JT Riddle we hardly knew ye
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

10. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-26-2022)

The Matt Reynolds era begins!

Can someone riddle me this - the difference between Reynolds and Riddle? Doesn't swapping them have certain costs associated with them (new uniforms, transaction and travel fees, etc...) that could be better spent than moving deck chairs on the S.S. Whereyagonnago?
    Where we gonna go?

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-26-2022),Rowsdower (04-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Can someone riddle me this - the difference between Reynolds and Riddle? Doesn't swapping them have certain costs associated with them (new uniforms, transaction and travel fees, etc...) that could be better spent than moving deck chairs on the S.S. Whereyagonnago?
    Better yet, why Reynolds over Lopez. I'd have added India and DFA'd Aquino myself. I thought Riddle was OK and Lopez has been getting on base a bit.
    Last edited by mth123; 04-26-2022 at 04:28 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

15. Likes:

Rowsdower (04-26-2022),Tuff Nut (04-30-2022)

The more no-names see big league time this year, the more game-used jerseys you have to sell for Redsfest. Big Brain Bob wins again!

17. Likes:

757690 (04-26-2022),Rowsdower (04-26-2022)

Matt Reynolds bats right-handed. J.T. Riddle bats left-handed. Other than that, I think they are the same person.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Better yet, why Reynolds over Lopez. I'd have added India and DFA'd Aquino myself. I thought Riddle was OK and Lopez has been getting on base a bit.
    He might be washed, but I saw Khris Davis still wants to play. Why not look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by bm1475 View Post
    The more no-names see big league time this year, the more game-used jerseys you have to sell for Redsfest. Big Brain Bob wins again!
    Are you sure that the price they get for them is greater than the cost of buying and storing these jerseys? What kid says I want a Riddle jersey?
    Where we gonna go?

22. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-26-2022)

Turn Off Ads?