Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Transactions 2022 Season

Re: Reds Transactions 2022 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Are you sure that the price they get for them is greater than the cost of buying and storing these jerseys? What kid says I want a Riddle jersey?
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (04-26-2022),Revering4Blue (04-26-2022),SomeCallMeTim (04-30-2022),Tuff Nut (04-30-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

At least Riddle was a fellow Kentuckian

I still find it very strange that no one has picked up Upton yet. With this inept offense, you have to think the Reds at least reached out to his agent, right? I'm guessing the Reds would be his last choice to want to land, but if he's looking for a comeback attempt, GABP would be a good place to do it. His best years are obviously behind him, but i think he could OPS .750 - .800 in Cincinnati if given the chance. Sadly, he'd probably be one of the top 3 hitters if given the chance to play everyday, or at least platoon with Naquin. The Aquino experiment has to end.

6. Likes:

Rowsdower (04-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by maniem View Post
    I still find it very strange that no one has picked up Upton yet. With this inept offense, you have to think the Reds at least reached out to his agent, right? I'm guessing the Reds would be his last choice to want to land, but if he's looking for a comeback attempt, GABP would be a good place to do it. His best years are obviously behind him, but i think he could OPS .750 - .800 in Cincinnati if given the chance. Sadly, he'd probably be one of the top 3 hitters if given the chance to play everyday, or at least platoon with Naquin. The Aquino experiment has to end.
    He reportedly wants to play for a contender, so it may take an injury or 2 before one is interested

Alejo’s Twitter reflects a man scorned. But done in a professional way. Rightfully so. He posted self motivation blurb and a clip of himself making a great play at SS. Likely because the baseball savants in the FO told him he’s on his way to Lville because they needed a SS.

I truly dislike every decision maker in the FO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

9. Likes:

mth123 (04-27-2022),Revering4Blue (05-01-2022),Tuff Nut (04-30-2022),wlf WV (04-27-2022)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Reds are calling up lefty Phillip Diehl, a Cincinnati native. He last pitched in the Majors in 2020 with the Rockies.

Diehl, 27, allowed five hits and four earned runs across eight innings at Triple-A Louisville this year with 11 strikeouts and one walk.

Reds had an open 40-man roster spot after they DFA’d JT Riddle on Tuesday.

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-27-2022),klw (04-27-2022),NebraskaRed (04-27-2022)

I'm Guessing SanMartin goes down with this move.

With Diaz and Moreta looking like valid pen options, I wonder if they may give Cessa a look in the rotation. Diehl in the pen, Cessa to the rotation. That would be my vote right now.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Reiver's next turn in the rotation would be scheduled for May 1st. By that time, clubs need to be at a maximum of 14 pitchers. They are presently at 15. Diehl up and Sanmartin down keeps them at 15. Diehl stays for a few days until the roster needs to be trimmed to 14 players, and then he gets sent back down. I'd be more inclined to think that Hoffman is sliding back into the rotation. Cessa has not had an outing longer than 24 pitches during the regular season. He hasn't made a normal start since back in 2018. He may get the ball, but it does not seem likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Reiver's next turn in the rotation would be scheduled for May 1st. By that time, clubs need to be at a maximum of 14 pitchers. They are presently at 15. Diehl up and Sanmartin down keeps them at 15. Diehl stays for a few days until the roster needs to be trimmed to 14 players, and then he gets sent back down. I'd be more inclined to think that Hoffman is sliding back into the rotation. Cessa has not had an outing longer than 24 pitches during the regular season. He hasn't made a normal start since back in 2018. He may get the ball, but it does not seem likely to me.
    I'm guessing Diehl stays and somebody else is gone. Farmer probably.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Diehl's mom is worth following on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/pamperedsue?lang=en

From last week:

Susan Diehl Retweeted
    Reds in 2020-Four
    @RedsInFour
    I don’t understand why Ryan Hendrix is on the active roster and Phil Diehl isn’t.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post

From last week:

Susan Diehl Retweeted
    Reds in 2020-Four
    @RedsInFour
    She'll be the one at the GAB handing out the orange wedges to the players during the seventh inning stretch.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post

From last week:

Susan Diehl Retweeted
    Reds in 2020-Four
    @RedsInFour
    Excited to see a twitter war between Diehl’s mom and Hendrix’s mom.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Yes I agree. I think Sanmartin gets sent down. Probably go with bullpen games till Castillo is ready.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Justin Wilson was placed on the IL with left elbow soreness. Phillip Diehl, called up today, is the Reds' lone lefty in the bullpen.

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds

The Reds today placed on the 10-day injured list, retro to Sunday, LHP Justin Wilson (left elbow soreness) and selected from Triple-A Louisville the contract of LHP Phillip Diehl.

Diehl is a Cincinnati native and attended Archbishop Moeller High School.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 04-27-2022 at 02:00 PM.

I was wondering why Wilson had been used so little. Now we know.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

21. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-27-2022)

Turn Off Ads?