Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Transactions 2022 Season

Re: Reds Transactions 2022 Season

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if anyone claims Aquino. Probably not, but someone may want to take a chance on him figuring things out.
    He ain’t gonna figure anything out. Good riddance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

Aristides Aquino runs out of chances with Cincinnati Reds, designated for assignment
    It was a little more than two years ago when Aristides Aquino was the hottest hitter in the National League, breaking Major League records for 15 home runs in the fewest number of plate appearances.

Now, he’s no longer on the Cincinnati Reds’ roster.

Aquino was designated for assignment Saturday, creating roster space for starting pitcher Connor Overton. Aquino was 2-for-41 with 23 strikeouts and two walks in 15 games this season.

The Reds have a week to place Aquino on waivers or trade him. Despite his rough start to the season, it wouldn’t be a surprise if another team picked him up. Few outfielders possess Aquino’s raw power and arm strength. If he cleared waivers, the Reds could send him to Triple-A Louisville.
    https://www.cincinnati.com

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if anyone claims Aquino. Probably not, but someone may want to take a chance on him figuring things out.
    I will be interested to see if he doesn’t somehow end up with the Giants. Donnie Ecker is their hitting coach and he was largely credited with making the changes to Aquinos swing that led to that big month when he was the assistant hitting coach here.

5. Likes:

icehole3 (05-07-2022),Ron Madden (05-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by jwdoc77 View Post
    I will be interested to see if he doesn’t somehow end up with the Giants. Donnie Ecker is their hitting coach and he was largely credited with making the changes to Aquinos swing that led to that big month when he was the assistant hitting coach here.

If that happens the calls for the end of their current hitting coaches tenure will never end.

Reds IL’d India and Fraley today. Called up Friedl and Alejo Lopez.

I figure Lopez will go back down as they cut down to 26 by tomorrow.

Also figure San Martin will go down as 14 pitcher limit comes into effect.

Then on Tuesday they will add Stephenson and the current backup catcher will go down, Kolozsvary.

Question is whether somebody will be cut by another club by tomorrow, cut down day, that Reds will want to claim. That could lead to more transactions.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-01-2022 at 05:07 PM.

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds
    Following today’s game, the #Reds optioned to Triple-A Louisville LHP Reiver Sanmartin and IF/OF Alejo Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds IL’d India and Fraley today. Called up Friedl and Alejo Lopez.

I figure Lopez will go back down as they cut down to 26 by tomorrow.

Also figure San Martin will go down as 14 pitcher limit comes into effect.

Then on Tuesday they will add Stephenson and the current backup catcher will go down, Kolozsvary.

Question is whether somebody will be cut by another club by tomorrow, cut down day, that Reds will want to claim. That could lead to more transactions.

They should be. Churn the roster as much as possible.

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds
    Following today’s game, the #Reds optioned to Triple-A Louisville LHP Reiver Sanmartin and IF/OF Alejo Lopez.

11. Likes:

SomeCallMeTim (05-03-2022)

“The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

The Reds activate OF Tyler Naquin from IL
    Add RHP Robert Dugger to 26 man roster

Send OF Ronnie Dawson to AAA Louisville
    DFA RHP Buck Farmer
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 05-06-2022 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Add RHP Robert Rugged to 26 man roster
    Oh come on, this isn't a real person
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Until they sign Pablo Sanchez and Keisha Phillips I am not attending a game.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

I think it would be nice if we all went around and shared our fondest memory of the Buck Farmer era.

I'll start.

I thought his name was funny.

17. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-06-2022),westofyou (05-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I think it would be nice if we all went around and shared our fondest memory of the Buck Farmer era.

I'll start.

I thought his name was funny.
    you know the announcers are glad he's gone. They have to have been in terror of the first letter mix-up live every time he was in the game.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

19. Likes:

NebraskaRed (05-06-2022)

The Reds announced a series of transactions this afternoon. Robert Dugger, recently claimed off waivers from the Rays, has reported to the team and joined the active roster. Reliever Buck Farmer has been designated for assignment to open space. Cincinnati also activated outfielder Tyler Naquin from the COVID-19 injured list and returned “substitute player” Ronnie Dawson to Triple-A Louisville.

Cincinnati signed Farmer to a minor league deal over the offseason, and he made the Opening Day roster. The veteran righty has worked 12 innings over ten appearances, allowing ten runs (nine earned) on 15 hits and seven walks. Farmer has struck out a solid 17 batters with a personal-best 13.2% swinging strike rate, but the Reds have elected to go in a different direction based on the poor results.

Before this season, the 31-year-old Farmer had spent his entire career with the Tigers. He often soaked up multiple innings out of the bullpen and posted a sub-4.00 ERA in both seasons from 2019-20, but his final year in Detroit was disappointing. Farmer posted a 6.37 ERA in 35 1/3 innings last year, walking 12.3% of opponents in the process.

The Reds have a week to trade Farmer or place him on waivers. The latter seems likelier given his rough start to the season. He has more than five years of MLB service, meaning he can refuse an outright assignment in favor of free agency while still collecting his $850K salary. In any event, it seems Farmer’s time in the Cincinnati organization is coming to a close.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...ssignment.html

Turn Off Ads?