Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Transactions 2022 Season

Re: Reds Transactions 2022 Season

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Phillip 'Diehl or No Diehl' has been sent back to Louisville as well.
    Word is his Mom is working the phones to all GMs. Calling out players on other teams active rosters. My son is better than half the guys in the majors.

2. Likes:

NebraskaRed (05-12-2022),Rowsdower (05-12-2022),texasdave (05-12-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

May 12: RHP Lucas Sims placed on 15-day injured list; RHP Dauri Moreta optioned to Triple-A Louisville
    Sims is coming off back-to-back scoreless appearances, but he is dealing with a bulging disc in his back. The demotion of Moreta came after he gave up runs -- and home runs -- in each of his last four appearances. In Wednesday’s 14-11 win over the Brewers, he faced five batters in the ninth inning without notching an out and yielded five earned runs on five hits, including a pair of homers.

“Just really get his confidence back,” manager David Bell said of sending Moreta to Louisville. “It’s really learning to turn the page really fast and get back to getting the next guy out, and putting all your focus on that. He cares a lot. It’s a good thing, but it can also work against you if it bothers you too much while you’re competing. We had talked a little bit about that when he was walking out the door, kind of reminding him really to stay focused on that next batter. He’s got the stuff. He’s already proved he can pitch here.

May 12: RHP Jared Solomon recalled from Triple-A Louisville; RHP Robert Dugger promoted from Triple-A
    Solomon served as the 27th man for a May 7 doubleheader against the Pirates. He struck out two over a scoreless inning in his big league debut. Dugger, who was designated for assignment on May 8 after allowing three runs on five hits and one walk in three innings in Game 2 of the doubleheader on May 7, will be available for multiple innings. -- Mark Sheldon

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

The Reds have called up veteran left-handed reliever Ross Detwiler from Triple-A and DFAd Robbert Dugger.

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-14-2022)

One of the reasons Reds sometimes have very poor starts to the season is that the bullpen is so unsettled. Hard to keep track of all these guys, frankly.

Duggard has been DFAd twice in one week

For those scoring at home:
    May 7 - Pitched 3 Innings for the Reds
    May 8 - DFAd by Reds
    May 10 - Outrighted to AAA (did not throw a pitch at AAA)
    May 12 - Called up to Reds (did not throw a pitch for the Reds)
    May 14 - DFAd by Reds

I know it's end of the roster juggling but it sure does seem like pointless tinkering

I don't see any problem with churning the guys who aren't any good.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-14-2022),Old school 1983 (05-14-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That does point out the problem, though, too many guys Reds view as disposable.

In this case, I think Dugger was an emergency starter. Now with starters coming back, Overton with a slot, the need for Dugger seems to have passed.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-14-2022 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    One of the reasons Reds sometimes have very poor starts to the season is that the bullpen is so unsettled. Hard to keep track of all these guys, frankly.
    While much of this can be laid at the feet of greedy ownership who don't want to spend the going rate for relief arms...

Wait.

Yeah, that's all I got.

14. Likes:

HokieRed (05-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    One of the negatives is that this franchise claimed they didn't have any money to be a contender (I am paraphrasing the language used by ownership and their lackeys this offseason). Each of these transactions has a cost - while not being a big cost, they all add up - transaction fees, transportation fees to and from the minor leagues, uniform costs for new players. Thus, churning for churning's sake, especially at the rate this team is doing it, definitely has a cost.
    Where we gonna go?

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent

The Reds have added C Sandy León to the taxi squad. C Tyler Stephenson left Saturday’s game after being hit in the mask. He was on the concussion list earlier this season. Tests for a concussion were negative following Saturday’s game. Reds have two more road series this trip

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

RHP Graham Ashcraft and IF Taylor Motter were added to the Reds’ taxi squad ahead of their upcoming trip to Toronto.

With Ashcraft on the taxi squad, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in the Reds’ bullpen soon. Pitching multi-inning relief.

Not necessarily, the taxi squad only lasts until next Monday when Reds come home.

But the bullpen has been lousy of late and it would be a reasonable next step for him. He could then start games later in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    With Ashcraft on the taxi squad, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in the Reds’ bullpen soon. Pitching multi-inning relief.

Not necessarily, the taxi squad only lasts until next Monday when Reds come home.

But the bullpen has been lousy of late and it would be a reasonable next step for him. He could then start games later in the season.
    My first thought was that are still considering skipping Greene on his next turn.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    My first thought was that are still considering skipping Greene on his next turn.
    Did the Reds ever say they were considering that?

Turn Off Ads?