Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Reds Attendance

Re: 2022 Reds Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by KYExtemper View Post
    I have to wonder if inflationary problems in the economy are part of the reason. Hard to afford to go to games if the cost of living is outstripping your paycheck.
    Could be, I saw some highlights from a St. Louis home game last weekend and stadium was less than half full.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The lockout probably will hurt every team's attendance as well.
    Most tickets are sold before the season starts.
    Well, most people are not going to buy tickets when they have no idea when the lockout is going to end.
    People tend to make other summer plans, maybe say "We'll go to a game next year"
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

So far this year:
    542764 / 32 home games = average of 16961 people per game

Projected over 81 home games
    16961 X 81 = 1,373,841

2021 attendance:

So despite the gutting of the team, attendance is projected to be pretty close to last year.
    Down, but only by about 130,000.
    Of course, a lot of tickets are sold in the preseason (before most of the dumping happened).
    I expect attendance to fall more in 2023, unless the Reds decide they want to try to win again.
    Honestly, the Castallinis do not deserve a fanbase that is this loyal.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

5. Likes:

Redsfan6272 (06-21-2022)

The season tickets were already purchased by the local corporations, that accounts for a pace that is similar to last year. They should take a hit there next year for sure (Get ready for a bevy of package deals to be offered) as for the occasional fan that decides to bring the family in I can't fault them, it's an outing, something to do with the kids and then next weekend go to Lake Cumberland. The corporate money will break their back unless they clean up their house and messaging

7. Likes:

KYExtemper (06-29-2022),REDREAD (06-21-2022),UKFlounder (06-21-2022)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Attendance usually jumps in the summer months, but that hasn’t really happened at GABP. Reds home attendance is down 15.9% from the same point in 2019.
    Where are you gonna go? Not to GABP, apparently.

9. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (06-29-2022),Big Klu (06-27-2022),CesarGeronimo (06-28-2022),Fil3232 (07-03-2022),REDREAD (06-27-2022),Tuff Nut (06-28-2022),westofyou (06-27-2022),wlf WV (06-28-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Where are you gonna go? Not to GABP, apparently.
    I haven't been to a Reds game since 2018 at Pittsburgh, and I haven't been to a home game since 2016. (In fact, it was six years ago yesterday!)

And when I consider:
    1. The rules changes like the DH, the runner on 2nd in extra innings, and the three batter minimum (all of which I absolutely hate)

2. Phil Castellini's disparaging remarks prior to the home opener

3. The 3-22 start to the season

4. Changing the game time to 6:40 (This one's a killer, as it makes it almost impossible for me to get to a game on time from where I live. If I leave for a game directly from work, then I'm just rolling into Cincinnati between 6:00 and 6:15, and that's with no pitstops, and if there are no traffic delays or road construction. And then I still have to find a place to park, and make the walk to the ballpark.)

I don't envision any time in the foreseeable future where I will take in a game.

All of these things together have made me reevaluate how invested I want to be with this club. It's not hard to distance myself, especially since they have gutted the team like a fish. (Votto is the only player on the team who has been here more than five years.) I still like coming to RZ and talking baseball history, but my attachment to the Reds is tenuous at best, and I don't know if I will ever enjoy it like I did, and I can easily see myself walking away from it and not coming back.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 06-28-2022 at 08:41 AM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

11. Likes:

durl (06-28-2022),GoReds (06-27-2022),REDREAD (06-29-2022),RedsBaron (06-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I haven't been to a Reds game since 2018 at Pittsburgh, and I haven't been to a home game since 2016. (In fact, it was six years ago yesterday!)

And when I consider:
    1. The rules changes like the DH, the runner on 2nd in extra innings, and the three batter minimum (all of which I absolutely hate)

4. Changing the game time to 6:40 (This one's a killer, as it makes it almost impossible for me to get to a game on time from where I live. If I leave for a game directly from work, then I'm just rolling into Cincinnati between 6:00 and 6:15, and that's with no pitstops, and if there are no traffic delays or road construction. And then I still have to find a place to park, and make the walk to the ballpark.)

I don't envision any time in the foreseeable future where I will take in a game.

All of these things together have made me reevaluate how invested I want to be with this club. It's not hard to distance myself, especially since they have gutted the team like a fish. (Votto is the only player on the team who has been here more than five years.) I still like coming to RZ and talking baseball history, but my attachment to the Reds is tenuous at best, and I don't know if I will ever enjoy it like I did, and I can easily see myself walking away from it and not coming back.
    I so agree with the dislike of 6:40 “night” games. By the time I get home from work, take care of some things around the house etc. I normally don’t park my butt on the recliner and turn the TV until 9 at the earliest...I do miss the 8:05 real night games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    I so agree with the dislike of 6:40 “night” games. By the time I get home from work, take care of some things around the house etc. I normally don’t park my butt on the recliner and turn the TV until 9 at the earliest...I do miss the 8:05 real night games.
    Its called DVR.

14. Likes:

HammerTime (06-28-2022),herbdizzle (06-27-2022),KYExtemper (06-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    Its called DVR.
    DVR and sports is a myth

Sure, record it and watch later, it's soulless

I live on the west coast, 3:40 games are crap, watch, listen or catch up later. There is no pretending it's live - for me that is

16. Likes:

757690 (06-27-2022),membengal (06-27-2022),mth123 (06-28-2022),Rantly (06-27-2022),Red Raindog (06-28-2022),Revering4Blue (06-29-2022),Roy Tucker (06-28-2022),wlf WV (06-28-2022),Wonderful Monds (06-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    Its called DVR.
    Thanks! Never thought of that!

18. Likes:

wlf WV (06-28-2022)

The saying used to be "There is Nothing as old as yesterday's news" Now it should be "There's nothing as old as a replay of a sporting event"
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

20. Likes:

REDREAD (06-29-2022),Revering4Blue (06-29-2022),wlf WV (06-28-2022)

I don't participate in the game threads and hide the previous night's game score. This still doesn't keep me from fast forwarding , especially with this team's record. I still am interested, but steaming only allows me access to prerecorded games. Only occasionally can I get a live game, even using a different IP and reinstalling MLB. It's tough sledding for streamers.
    May the Lord bless

22. Likes:

KYExtemper (07-01-2022),REDREAD (06-29-2022)

And when I consider:

I think 2 and 3 are the main reasons why people are staying away - mainly 3. If, by some miracle, the team started 22-3 attendance would be quite a bit better despite what PC said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

24. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think 2 and 3 are the main reasons why people are staying away - mainly 3. If, by some miracle, the team started 22-3 attendance would be quite a bit better despite what PC said.
    Don't underestimate the effect of #4, especially for a club that markets itself as a regional franchise. If people who have to travel two or three hours to get to the game can't get there before first pitch, then they are more likely to stay away.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

26. Likes:

REDREAD (06-29-2022)

Don't underestimate the effect of #4, especially for a club that markets itself as a regional franchise. If people who have to travel two or three hours to get to the game can't get there before first pitch, then they are more likely to stay away.
    I've cut attending Reds games and buying a cable package to watch them as a necessary alignment of resources. Following that alignment, I'm spending more than ever on alternative entertainment and vacations. Phil should have realized there are infinite other options for where I'm gonna go.

28. Likes:

Big Klu (06-28-2022),REDREAD (06-29-2022),savafan (06-30-2022)

Turn Off Ads?