Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Reds Attendance

Re: 2022 Reds Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The Brave’s fans seem particularly noisy on the Radio. It sucks when the team can’t make the locals excited enough to out shout the opposing fans
    Cubs fans have always been in abundance, to a lesser extent Brave fans but I have never seen so many Dodger and Met fans take over.

2. Likes:

Chip R (07-07-2022),KYExtemper (07-05-2022),REDREAD (07-05-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    Cubs fans have always been in abundance, to a lesser extent Brave fans but I have never seen so many Dodger and Met fans take over.
    And Bob doesnt care.. as long as he sells tickets

5. Likes:

REDREAD (07-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Maybe. I get the sense that Bob and Co. are genuinely ashamed at this season between the team's play, Phil's comments, opposing team fans in GABP, and all the good PR with the Bengals right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a few surprising moves this offseason. Who knows if they'll be good ones but I have a feeling they'll try to be more active.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Maybe. I get the sense that Bob and Co. are genuinely ashamed at this season between the team's play, Phil's comments, opposing team fans in GABP, and all the good PR with the Bengals right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a few surprising moves this offseason. Who knows if they'll be good ones but I have a feeling they'll try to be more active.
    I agree. I don’t think the Castellinis are rubbing their hands with glee, saying “Looking good, Bob. Feeling good, Phil.” They came in saying “The losing stops, The winning starts now” and I think they meant it. They’ve never really had a sharp robust plan they could stick to, and someone to sell it to the fans. I think they have the plan now, but they seem to not understand how important it is to have a better message than “aligning payroll to resources” followed by Phil’s salty comments on Opening Day of all days.

8. Likes:

Chip R (07-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I just watched FC Cincinnati. They're a solid team. Certainly a better ticket than the Reds.
    The Dayton Dragons are a better ticket than FC Cincinnati's best game.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

10. Likes:

corkedbat (10-06-2022),Old school 1983 (10-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    The Dayton Dragons are a better ticket than FC Cincinnati's best game.
    To each his own I guess. FC Cincinnati plays in a slick new stadium in a great setting and are currently in line for a playoff berth this year.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

12. Likes:

fondfoat (07-06-2022),Indymoon (07-05-2022),M2 (07-06-2022),membengal (07-05-2022),Revering4Blue (07-05-2022)

Fair enough.

I quit debating whether it's maliciousness or incompetance coming from the front office.

There used to be the same debate about the Bengals during the 1990s. I'll say now what I said then:

If this is what it looks like when they are trying to win, that's honestly even worse than if they are just milking the franchise.

Because that means they are all terrible at their jobs. How terrible? Even worse than team ownership like the Pirates that aren't even trying.

So they are either milking the franchise, or they are so bad at their jobs that they produce results even worse than teams that aren't even trying.

Not good, Bob.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

14. Likes:

fondfoat (07-06-2022),KYExtemper (07-05-2022),REDREAD (07-06-2022),Reds Freak (07-05-2022)

I think the Castallinis would love to make a few surprise moves that don't cost a lot of money and have the Reds be 500 next year.
    The problem is, they have such a talent deficit now. Even if they keep Castillo and Mahle, it's unlikely they are able to make enough moves to make the team about 20 games better next year.
    That's almost impossible to do in one offseason. It only has a chance to work when the team gets a huge influx of talent from the farm.
    Now, it's possible that Green, Lodollo, and Aschraft all take huge steps forward next season. Is it likely? IMO, not really. Maybe one or two will.

Point is, the Castanallis are profit-first businessmen. I think they'd rather be hated by the locals and collect their revenue sharing than risk spending a lot on FA and turning the team from a 100 loss team to a 90 loss team.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

From Lance McAlister’s Twitter

@LanceMcAlister

Attendance: 12, 437

Season attendance
    2022: 1,387,947
    Smallest since 1,326,528
    in 1982

2021: 1,505,024
    2019: 1,809,075
    2003: 2,355,259 (GABP opens)
    I’m sure season ticket sales are going to take a huge hit next year as well.

17. Likes:

M2 (10-05-2022),NebraskaRed (10-05-2022),REDREAD (10-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Narron View Post
    From Lance McAlister’s Twitter

I’m sure season ticket sales are going to take a huge hit next year as well.
    Season ticket sales are about as low as they can go. The vast majority are now corporate seats, which are written off.

At what point does the owner pack up shop and move the team to somewhere else?

2022 Reds Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    At what point does the owner pack up shop and move the team to somewhere else?
    You really don't follow baseball do you?

21. Likes:

Bob Sheed (10-06-2022),Bourgeois Zee (10-05-2022),Chip R (10-06-2022),HammerTime (10-06-2022),KYExtemper (10-07-2022),Revering4Blue (10-06-2022),Ron Madden (10-06-2022),Tom Servo (10-05-2022),WildcatFan (10-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Season ticket sales are about as low as they can go. The vast majority are now corporate seats, which are written off.
    Well, you know this , of course, but "written off" does not mean free.
    The state of the economy next year is unknown, some of these businesses might decide that cutting season tickets makes sense.
    I am guessing part of the reason these corporations buy tickets is to entertain executives/clients, and it's somewhat of a status thing.
    Now, the fans are revolting against the team, the product is not entertaining.. so maybe they will lose some of that business income.
    If I had a business, I wouldn't want to waste money on a luxury suite in 2023.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

23. Likes:

Jaysland Red (10-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    If I had a business, I wouldn't want to waste money on a luxury suite in 2023.
    You would think so but a team's record probably doesn't have a lot to do with that. The majority of the people in those suites aren't watching the game. Or, if they are, they are only hjalf-watching it. Most of the time they are eating or drinking and schmoozing with clients/friends. Plus, if those suites are like the ones at Cinergy, you can't hear anything on the field anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

25. Likes:

REDREAD (10-06-2022),Revering4Blue (10-06-2022)

Several sources mentioned that the Reds only had 79 home games this year. Normally, half of the 162 game season should be 81 home games. I know they gave up one home game for the Field of Dreams game. I'm not sure where they lost the other home game.

However, if we looks at fans per game average being 17,568, those two lost home games would have added about 35,136 more fans to the total. That would have brought attendance up to about 1,423,000. This is still a low figure, but not so close to the 1982 low being quoted.

Of course ownership agreed to give up those two home games, and we really don't know what they got in return. One would think they didn't do that for free....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Turn Off Ads?