Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Castellini is clueless (continuation of other thread)

Phil Castellini is clueless (continuation of other thread)

I didn't want the other thread to roll off and discussion to stop.

Here's a funny article where Phil C is given an imaginary coaching session:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ys/7316961001/
    #SellTheTeamBob
    Nick Krall is a clown. This franchise is a laughingstock.

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Phil Castellini is clueless (continuation of other thread)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I didn't want the other thread to roll off and discussion to stop.

Here's a funny article where Phil C is given an imaginary coaching session:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ys/7316961001/
    I feel like giving this organization (and by extension, ownership) your money, you're making the fan's equivalent of crossing a picket line. The ownership group has tanked before and will do it again. In other words, they will actively destroy fan enjoyment for their bottom line. I can put up with a lot (I'm still here after 27 years minus a playoff series victory, after all), but that's a line that I find morally repugnant to cross.

4. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-22-2022),KYExtemper (04-29-2022),REDREAD (04-22-2022),Redsfaithful (04-22-2022),Slyder (04-22-2022)

My Reds tshirts, etc have sat in the closet so far. I have reached for them a couple of times, but it just feels wrong.

It would be nice to go back in time when we could only speculate that Reds ownership is milking the fan experience for additional profit "and we can all go pound sand if we don't like it". But you can't put that cat back in the bag.

Lifelong Reds fan here. I'm on strike. Reds ownership are just a bunch of grifters. A couple of cheapie tickets, and I'll bring my own water in. No merch or food purchases either. I'm aligning my wallet to their horsepoop.
    "Life, as one looks at it is, in fact, a celebration of itself."

6. Likes:

durl (04-23-2022),Falls City Beer (04-22-2022),Ky Fried Redleg (04-22-2022),REDREAD (04-22-2022),RedTeamGo! (04-22-2022),Wonderful Monds (04-22-2022)

I have kids that enjoy seeing the Reds in person, but it's an easily solved problem with Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago all within easy travel distance. I realize the Reds get some of that gate revenue, but better than spending money at GABP, something I'm for sure not doing anytime soon.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-22-2022),Chip R (04-22-2022),REDREAD (04-22-2022),Slyder (04-22-2022),wlf WV (04-23-2022),Wonderful Monds (04-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    My Reds tshirts, etc have sat in the closet so far. I have reached for them a couple of times, but it just feels wrong.

It would be nice to go back in time when we could only speculate that Reds ownership is milking the fan experience for additional profit "and we can all go pound sand if we don't like it". But you can't put that cat back in the bag.

Lifelong Reds fan here. I'm on strike. Reds ownership are just a bunch of grifters. A couple of cheapie tickets, and I'll bring my own water in. No merch or food purchases either. I'm aligning my wallet to their horsepoop.
    Agreed, I have not worn a Reds Tshirt since the dumping after the lockout.
    I don't want to be a billboard advertisement for such a crappy organization.
    That's just me personally.. obviously, I am not telling anyone else what to do.
    #SellTheTeamBob
    Nick Krall is a clown. This franchise is a laughingstock.

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-22-2022),durl (04-23-2022),wlf WV (04-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I feel like giving this organization (and by extension, ownership) your money, you're making the fan's equivalent of crossing a picket line. The ownership group has tanked before and will do it again. In other words, they will actively destroy fan enjoyment for their bottom line. I can put up with a lot (I'm still here after 27 years minus a playoff series victory, after all), but that's a line that I find morally repugnant to cross.
    So, I enjoy going to a Reds game with my kids makes me morally repugnant. Ok, aren't you the same guy saying people can spend their money anyway they want when it comes to the billboard. What makes this different because it doesn't align with your opinion of the Reds? Comparing spending money on a sports team to crossing a picket line is just hyperbole and nonsense.

12. Likes:

Chip R (04-22-2022),NebraskaRed (04-22-2022),Ron Madden (04-22-2022),UKFlounder (04-22-2022),UKWhoDey (04-26-2022)

Next Thursday, I'm taking my dad to his first Reds game in 7 years. He's in bad health and this is the first opportunity he's had to attend a game. Am I morally repugnant for taking him?

14. Likes:

0-2 Count (04-22-2022),Chip R (04-22-2022),cumberlandreds (04-22-2022),JCM11 (04-22-2022),podgejeff_ (04-22-2022),Rdirtypirates (04-22-2022),Ron Madden (04-22-2022),wlf WV (04-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    So, I enjoy going to a Reds game with my kids makes me morally repugnant. Ok, aren't you the same guy saying people can spend their money anyway they want when it comes to the billboard. What makes this different because it doesn't align with your opinion of the Reds? Comparing spending money on a sports team to crossing a picket line is just hyperbole and nonsense.
    Listen, if you enjoy going to your grave and never seeing the Reds hoist the trophy again, have at it. I think it's incredibly stupid and self-defeating, but you're right, it's your money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Next Thursday, I'm taking my dad to his first Reds game in 7 years. He's in bad health and this is the first opportunity he's had to attend a game. Am I morally repugnant for taking him?
    Yes. At least tip the beer man well.

Listen, if you enjoy going to your grave and never seeing the Reds hoist the trophy again, have at it. I think it's incredibly stupid and self-defeating, but you're right, it's your money.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, hate the ownership all you want, if you can go as far as calling someone morally repugnant for taking their father to one last Reds game, then you have serious issues.

17. Likes:

Always Red (04-22-2022),alwaysawarrior (04-22-2022),bounty37h (04-22-2022),cumberlandreds (04-22-2022),Joeyjection19 (04-22-2022),mth123 (04-22-2022),podgejeff_ (04-22-2022),Ron Madden (04-22-2022),Since 1954 (05-01-2022),UKWhoDey (04-26-2022),wlf WV (04-23-2022),WrongVerb (04-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Man, hate the ownership all you want, if you can go as far as calling someone morally repugnant for taking their father to one last Reds game, then you have serious issues.
    Ok, Outrage Joe. Continue to kneel before Zod.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think a billboard and less fans will help the Reds achieve their World Series goal more quickly? IMO nope. One of my first ever memories is watching the Reds win the 1990 World Series and one of my favorite things is to enjoy a day at the ballpark. You really think I am going to let some owner take that away from me or some other supposed Reds fan shame me into giving it up. Nope.

20. Likes:

powersackers (04-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    Do you think a billboard and less fans will help the Reds achieve their World Series goal more quickly? IMO nope. One of my first ever memories is watching the Reds win the 1990 World Series and one of my favorite things is to enjoy a day at the ballpark. You really think I am going to let some owner take that away from me or some other supposed Reds fan shame me into giving it up. Nope.
    Yes.

22. Likes:

REDREAD (04-22-2022)

Ok, Outrage Joe. Continue to kneel before Zod.
    He's not wrong. It might be worth reassessing your priorities here.
    "It is better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying & reassuring." - Carl Sagan

24. Likes:

herbdizzle (04-22-2022),Joeyjection19 (04-22-2022),mth123 (04-22-2022),Ron Madden (04-22-2022),wlf WV (04-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    He's not wrong. It might be worth reassessing your priorities here.
    Nah. You can't make omelets without breaking eggs. The only means of weakening this ownership is boycott. The only.

26. Likes:

REDREAD (04-22-2022)

I guess it comes down to whether or not you feel that giving Bob your money is contributing and exascerbating the problem of keeping a bad product on the field. I certainly don't question anyone's morality if they choose to attend a Reds' game(and I don't think Bob Sheed does either). But, like Bob(Sheed) said, Bob(Castellini) is not getting a penny of my hard-earned dough.

Now, in order to affect Bob's(Castellini) bottomline, fans are going to have to do a helluva lot more than just not attend games. I think only about 17% of a team's revenue comes from attendance, so if you want to make Bob(Castellini) think twice you may want to make sure you don't contribute any money to his organization whatsoever from his other revenue streams..
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 04-22-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Turn Off Ads?