Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Castellini is clueless (continuation of other thread)

Re: Phil Castellini is clueless (continuation of other thread)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I like your plan, but just want to say - Cleveland and Pittsburgh deserve to be boycotted as well.
    Why Cleveland? They have been very successful in the 27 years since 1995.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Why Cleveland? They have been very successful in the 27 years since 1995.
    They have but they are extremely cheap. I live in Cleveland, a lot of fans refuse to support the Dolan family and how they operate the team. They just locked up JRam, but there have been so many stars they have traded over the years for pennies on the dollar. They are just better at scouting and development than the Reds so they are able to consistently build winners. If they invested more money they would be legit WS contenders year in and year out. Instead they trade all their stars and never sign FAs. They are good this year, but they spent literally $1 million in the FA market. The FO says the same stuff Krall says "aligning payroll" and whatnot. They have some really exciting talent on their roster this year but they have no shot of winning a WS, if they had added just a couple extra good bats they would have a legit shot. As it stands, they will compete all year and be lucky to make the playoffs. If the Dolans let the FO spend even as much as the Reds spend, they would be WS contenders every single year.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

REDREAD (04-22-2022)

They have but they are extremely cheap. I live in Cleveland, a lot of fans refuse to support the Dolan family and how they operate the team. They just locked up JRam, but there have been so many stars they have traded over the years for pennies on the dollar. They are just better at scouting and development than the Reds so they are able to consistently build winners. If they invested more money they would be legit WS contenders year in and year out. Instead they trade all their stars and never sign FAs. They are good this year, but they spent literally $1 million in the FA market. The FO says the same stuff Krall says "aligning payroll" and whatnot. They have some really exciting talent on their roster this year but they have no shot of winning a WS, if they had added just a couple extra good bats they would have a legit shot. As it stands, they will compete all year and be lucky to make the playoffs. If the Dolans let the FO spend even as much as the Reds spend, they would be WS contenders every single year.
    I don’t care about the bottom line payroll figure. I just want a good faith effort at consistent improvement.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 04-22-2022 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I don’t care about the bottom line payroll figure. I just a good faith effort at consistent improvement.
    I understand, but the Guardians are always a couple players away and refuse to spend. I guarantee you the Guardians will be solid all year and miss out on the playoffs or get bounced in the first round. I understand compared to the Reds that sounds like a dream, but a 27 year old tease is frustrating as well.

7. Likes:

REDREAD (04-22-2022)

I like your plan, but just want to say - Cleveland and Pittsburgh deserve to be boycotted as well.
    true, you're not wrong
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

9. Likes:

REDREAD (04-22-2022),RedTeamGo! (04-23-2022),wally post (04-23-2022),wlf WV (04-23-2022)

Ken Oakes (TQL and a Flyer) is probably
    The only individual In the cincy area who could buy the Reds controlling interest from the Castellini family.

The problem is , Bob castellini hates ken Oakes as he worked for
    His produce brokerage before starting TQL and becoming the richest person in the tri state.

The sad part is, the Reds ownership have told us this is EXACTLY who they want to be (eliminating peaks and valleys)

12. Likes:

Falls City Beer (04-22-2022),REDREAD (04-22-2022)

2 reds owners ago grew produce (bananas)
    Current owner sells and distributes produce.
    Only cincy guy rich enough to buy reds now; brokers produce.

Only in cincy.

https://youtu.be/04SLXwjJvqg
    Last edited by ATOTR; 04-22-2022 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Next Thursday, I'm taking my dad to his first Reds game in 7 years. He's in bad health and this is the first opportunity he's had to attend a game. Am I morally repugnant for taking him?
    Absolutely not. There are things far more important than anything we're mad about here.

15. Likes:

NebraskaRed (04-22-2022),Revering4Blue (04-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by ATOTR View Post
    Ken Oakes (TQL and a Flyer) is probably
    The only individual In the cincy area who could buy the Reds controlling interest from the Castellini family.

The problem is , Bob castellini hates ken Oakes as he worked for
    His produce brokerage before starting TQL and becoming the richest person in the tri state.
    Interesting, didn’t know the founder of TQL went to UD. That company sucks, but I’d def welcome him as new owner.

Interesting, didn’t know the founder of TQL went to UD. That company sucks, but I’d def welcome him as new owner.
    Ironically, he started the brokerage because the brokers they used at Castellini co stunk- Landstar, CH, xpo, etc.

I know they turn over a lot and are very aggressive. But he built a 8 billion dollar company in 15 years. Pretty impressive. Flipping fright isn’t rocket science.

Ironically, he started the brokerage because the brokers they used at Castellini co stunk- Landstar, CH, xpo, etc.

I know they turn over a lot and are very aggressive. But he built a 8 billion dollar company in 15 years. Pretty impressive. Flipping fright isn’t rocket science.
    Haha, I work at CH and TQL sucks compared to us. They clearly modeled their business after us.

Landstar is a carrier I use sometimes. They are garbage.

XPO isn’t that bad. Better than a lot of the other LTL carriers.

With that said, the secret of freight brokerage/shipping is that everyone sucks.

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-22-2022)

2 reds owners ago grew produce (bananas)
    Current owner sells and distributes produce.
    Only cincy guy rich enough to buy reds now; brokers produce.

Only in cincy.

https://youtu.be/04SLXwjJvqg

Isn’t Mr Proctor and Mr Gamble rich?

Yep, remember when the owners allegedly floated the idea of a 100 million dollar payroll floor.. Let's put aside whether that was a fair offer or not.
    If Clevleland was forced to spend 100 million/year, that team would be a beast.
    I agree, they are cheap asses too. They need new ownership. Pittsburg, Miami and Oakland too. Probably 1 or 2 more than I can't think of now.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

22. Likes:

Redsfaithful (04-23-2022),RedTeamGo! (04-22-2022),Wonderful Monds (04-23-2022)

Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

24. Likes:

NebraskaRed (04-23-2022),Old school 1983 (04-23-2022),REDREAD (04-23-2022),Redsfaithful (04-23-2022)

Turn Off Ads?