Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 2022 UK Football: The March Continues

Re: 2022 UK Football: The March Continues

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Back to being a basketball school?
    As long as the athletic director stays stuck in the past in regards to NIL yes. I’m actually amazed Cal has the recruiting class he does coming in next season because I figured that would suffer as well. UK is very well behind the times when it comes to NIL.

I posted this in the other thread but I look for changes this offseason. Recruits are already decomitting and Stoops I think is getting ready to have a Bear Bryant moment where he realizes this is as far as he can take UK. If he does stay Scangarello needs to go but with Eddie Gran already on staff I’m afraid Stoops will go back to what he knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm glad I missed this game. We were away this weekend and I hadn't watched it. This team has had so many problems all year. The Oline has been just terrible and lead to Levis injuries. Also special teams has been bad too. They have mad one mistake after another that just shouldn't happen. Just not well coached at all there. Even though Levis has played injured a lot he still is way overrated IMO. I just don't see the NFL hype in him. Stoops is going to have to make some changes on his staff this off season Oline coach and special teams. Probably OC too. We'll see. But just kind of disappointing season overall. No hope for a win this coming week and not much hope against UL. Looks like a 6-6 record and an invite to the toilet bowl.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Let’s see if UK can pull off the upset at home. Game now on CBS. Rotating this and the Ohio State game.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

So Stoops is now making $9mill/yr, making him the 6th highest paid coach in the country. What's up with that? As a Tenn fan, what's Heupel worth now?

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...268998082.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So Stoops is now making $9mill/yr, making him the 6th highest paid coach in the country. What's up with that? As a Tenn fan, what's Heupel worth now?

Mitch Barnhart must have had a heart attack when they lost to Vandy immediately after giving him that contract. Back to more respectable football against Georgia on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Mitch Barnhart must have had a heart attack when they lost to Vandy immediately after giving him that contract. Back to more respectable football against Georgia on Saturday.
    It should take a whole lot more than "respectable football" to be a top 6 paid coach. Amazing they'd do this

We will find out how good Mr. Heupel is without Mr. Hooker at QB.

I really don't care about what they pay a coach. Stoops has been the best coach at UK since Bear Bryant. He has done what I expect a UK football coach to do. He wins 6 to 8 games every season with an occasional 10 win season. In fact he surpassed my expectations with two 10 win seasons in four years. This season was a bit disappointing but I probably was starting to expect too much from UK football. If he maintains what I said earlier he more than pays for his contract.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post

I really don't care about what they pay a coach. Stoops has been the best coach at UK since Bear Bryant. He has done what I expect a UK football coach to do. He wins 6 to 8 games every season with an occasional 10 win season. In fact he surpassed my expectations with two 10 win seasons in four years. This season was a bit disappointing but I probably was starting to expect too much from UK football. If he maintains what I said earlier he more than pays for his contract.
    I agree Stoops has served UK well but he doesn't have the pressure on him that a guy like Ryan Day does at OSU. He's now paid far more than Harbaugh at Mich

As for Heupel, he recruited a 5* QB who's coming in next yr from California (Bryce Young's school)

I've never been able to comprehend this attitude that most UK football fans have towards the program. I have friends who live in Lexington and have spent a lot of time there, and they all have this acceptable attitude of being just fine with winning 6+ games a year and getting an average bowl game. Stoops would be an idiot to entertain any thought of going anywhere else. He has the best job in college football, getting paid $9 mil a year to be average team......an incredibly easy thing to do at UK.

I just don't get it, why not expect more?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I've never been able to comprehend this attitude that most UK football fans have towards the program. I have friends who live in Lexington and have spent a lot of time there, and they all have this acceptable attitude of being just fine with winning 6+ games a year and getting an average bowl game. Stoops would be an idiot to entertain any thought of going anywhere else. He has the best job in college football, getting paid $9 mil a year to be average team......an incredibly easy thing to do at UK.

I would think the very least they can ask for is to pummel Tennessee just once like South Carolina did. Then give him $9mill

Why not expect more? Stoops has won 10 games 2 out of the last 4 yrs. Winning 10 games just doesn't happen at Kentucky. We will never be Alabama and Georgia. You've got to be realistic.

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post

It's all about realistic expectations. I have been a fan for over 50 years. I have seen my share of 3-8,2-9 and even a couple of winless seasons. Not to mention countless blow out 70-0 losses to the like of Alabama, Florida and a few others. You learn to savor the few winnings seasons. So I will always be happy with 6 to 8 wins every season. If its better then its even more terrific. If another UK fan wants better then its fine by me. I am not going to criticize. But I know reality and I will always be happy with what Stoops has brought so far. UK blew their chance at greatness about 70 years ago when they didn't keep Bear Bryant around. When a program descends down that path of futility its almost impossible to get to the top of greatness and stay there. I don't think there are many college football programs that have come from the depths of despair and became top flight programs and stayed there. I don't expect that at UK and chances are it will never happen. No matter who the coach may be.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

It's all about realistic expectations. I have been a fan for over 50 years. I have seen my share of 3-8,2-9 and even a couple of winless seasons. Not to mention countless blow out 70-0 losses to the like of Alabama, Florida and a few others. You learn to savor the few winnings seasons. So I will always be happy with 6 to 8 wins every season. If its better then its even more terrific. If another UK fan wants better then its fine by me. I am not going to criticize. But I know reality and I will always be happy with what Stoops has brought so far. UK blew their chance at greatness about 70 years ago when they didn't keep Bear Bryant around. When a program descends down that path of futility its almost impossible to get to the top of greatness and stay there. I don't think there are many college football programs that have come from the depths of despair and became top flight programs and stayed there. I don't expect that at UK and chances are it will never happen. No matter who the coach may be.
    This about 100 times over. It is about realistic. Lightning in a bottle may happen a few times but being competitive with most SEC teams and making a bowl game is just fine at times.

Well a win against against Louisville. UK's OL finally had a good game and special teams didn't screw up. Also helped than Cunningham was hurt and wasn't very effective when he did play. I'll take the win and end the season at 7-5. I have no idea what bowl they may be in line for. Liberty? Duke's Mayo Bowl or some other veggie or fruit bowl?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

17. Likes:

UKFlounder (11-26-2022)

He did in 2020

I would think the very least they can ask for is to pummel Tennessee just once like South Carolina did. Then give him $9mill

Turn Off Ads?