Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 UK Football: The March Continues

Re: 2022 UK Football: The March Continues

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Next years schedule has already been released:

2023 Kentucky Football Schedule Unveiled https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...l-mark-stoops/

They could easily be 4-0 or even 5-0 before a trip Between the Hedges in October. Alabama is the crossover opponent so that sucks.
    Yea I hate seeing Alabama on the schedule. Mark that down as a loss. Going to UGA too is a probable loss. Middle part of the schedule is tough. Tennessee is usually a loss and going to Miss State is never easy. Also playing Vanderbilt that early is unheard of. I don't think I ever remember playing them before November. But I guess it doesn't matter. They should start out 4-0 and maybe 5-0 depending on how UF progresses. Very early but I would say 8 or 9 wins is about the max for this schedule.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Yea I hate seeing Alabama on the schedule. Mark that down as a loss. Going to UGA too is a probable loss. Middle part of the schedule is tough. Tennessee is usually a loss and going to Miss State is never easy. Also playing Vanderbilt that early is unheard of. I don't think I ever remember playing them before November. But I guess it doesn't matter. They should start out 4-0 and maybe 5-0 depending on how UF progresses. Very early but I would say 8 or 9 wins is about the max for this schedule.
    It’s amazing how cocky some UK fans I’ve read have been lately regarding the Bama game.

This has been the best run of UK football in my lifetime but Alabama (and Georgia) are on another level. I’m not saying it can’t be done but UK is going to be breaking in a new QB who likely isn’t even on the roster yet. Bama likely will be doing the same but given the track record I’d trust them to have a potential Heisman candidate whoever that may be.

Assuming the schedule stays the way it is (big IF), it would be attractive to a transfer portal QB to follow after Levis with a pretty easy early part of the schedule to get settled in before the meat and potatoes of the schedule picks up.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    UK moves up a notch to 8th this week in the polls. Onward and upward!
    It probably won't happen but I'd love to be undefeated going into the Georgia game at Kroger Field. Cats would be Top 5 at that point and Dogs probably #1. Can you imagine the atmosphere of that one???
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

It’s amazing how cocky some UK fans I’ve read have been lately regarding the Bama game.

This has been the best run of UK football in my lifetime but Alabama (and Georgia) are on another level. I’m not saying it can’t be done but UK is going to be breaking in a new QB who likely isn’t even on the roster yet. Bama likely will be doing the same but given the track record I’d trust them to have a potential Heisman candidate whoever that may be.

Assuming the schedule stays the way it is (big IF), it would be attractive to a transfer portal QB to follow after Levis with a pretty easy early part of the schedule to get settled in before the meat and potatoes of the schedule picks up.
    Just remind those fans that UK has beaten Bama,I think, 1 time(not more than 2) in history. I am more than happy with the job Stoops has done., He surpassed my expectations of UK football. I would have been happy at a level of 6 to 8 wins a year with a 10 win season one time in his tenure. Now the hard part for Stoops is maintaining. Going to be difficult when Florida and Tennessee get their ships righted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    It probably won't happen but I'd love to be undefeated going into the Georgia game at Kroger Field. Cats would be Top 5 at that point and Dogs probably #1. Can you imagine the atmosphere of that one???
    Would be great but with games at Ole Miss and against Tennessee it probably ain't happening.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Tied at 14. The backup QB curse continues.

I think Kentucky wins but they aren’t going to cover the spread. This is a look ahead game to Oxford.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Kentucky won 31-23. I’d imagine the walls in the Kentucky locker room will have to be repainted.

Chris Rodriguez returns next Saturday against Ole Miss. Unless the line gets fixed it’s not going to matter. Expecting a shootout next week in Oxford.

UK is 7th in the polls this week. Highest ranking since 1977. They will have to be better than they were Saturday night against Northern Illinois. They kind of slept walked through that game. Having Rodriquez back will help a lot. They basically have had little running game. Big test though in Oxford. Win this one and you have a really special season set up. The game is at noon on Saturday on ESPN.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Can someone explain to me why Kentucky is ranked so high and Kansas is unranked?

I think Kentucky should be ranked but looking at what Kansas has done I don’t understand why they are getting crapped on so much.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Kentucky is ranked so high and Kansas is unranked?

I think Kentucky should be ranked but looking at what Kansas has done I don’t understand why they are getting crapped on so much.
    UK has had two 10 win season in the last four years. That helps. Playing in the SEC instead of the Big 12 helps. Also UK is a football school while Kansas is a basketball school. Or so Mark Stoops tells us that. Kansas being so bad the last decade or more hasn't helped their cause. It takes a while to build some clout. It did for UK too. Kansas is just out side the polls at 26. Win another one and they will be there.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

11. Likes:

goreds2 (09-26-2022)

UK at 14 OleMiss this Saturday at noon on ESPN.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

It’s one of the flaws with the ranking system, especially preseason rankings.

UK was unranked in every preseason before this year and took forever (exaggeration) to get ranked even when they won games. At least thst is how it seemed to us Kentucky fans.

They finally have had enough success in recent years to get a preseason ranking this year and moved up a bunch after beating Florida.

Unfortunately, Kansas will likely have to finish a couple good seasons before getting preseason respect that helps so much in the rankings.

Breaking into the rankings is a hard first step, especially for schools with poor football reputations.

Kentucky went into the Swamp and won a week after Utah, a preseason top 10 team, lost. Florida vaulted into the rankings after that win and Anthony Richardson was being hailed as the second coming of Cam Newton.

It kinda backs up what UKFlounder and cumberlandreds said. UK is starting to get national respect which is very hard to get unless you are a true blue blood. It took one win from Florida to jump from unranked to 12th (which was pretty ridiculous).

UK with 2 key pieces of the defense out for this game, going to be tough to get a win Saturday.

Kentucky went into the Swamp and won a week after Utah, a preseason top 10 team, lost. Florida vaulted into the rankings after that win and Anthony Richardson was being hailed as the second coming of Cam Newton.

It kinda backs up what UKFlounder and cumberlandreds said. UK is starting to get national respect which is very hard to get unless you are a true blue blood. It took one win from Florida to jump from unranked to 12th (which was pretty ridiculous).
    Easy come, easy go. Florida is now out of the top 25. That said, if Anthony Richardson plays like he did vs the Vols, they'll be back. He was tough

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    UK with 2 key pieces of the defense out for this game, going to be tough to get a win Saturday.
    Ole Miss has injury issues as well. If Kentucky loses it won’t be because of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Easy come, easy go. Florida is now out of the top 25. That said, if Anthony Richardson plays like he did vs the Vols, they'll be back. He was tough
    It’ll take the Cocktail Party for that to happen and maybe Texas A&M.

Turn Off Ads?