Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 UK Football: The March Continues

Re: 2022 UK Football: The March Continues

Kentucky falls by 3. Shot itself in the foot and had opportunities to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Kentucky falls by 3. Shot itself in the foot and had opportunities to win.
    In many ways. Turnovers in crunchtime. Kicking game. Will Levis not ready for prime time

I was going back n forth thru several games. And some darn good ones too. But the Kentucky-Ole Miss was (so far) the best. I wanna give credit to OM's defense, but how many times was KY driving, and either in tying FG range, or the redzone, and come up empty?? Just one that got away IMO. Darn good game though.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

goreds2 (10-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    In many ways. Turnovers in crunchtime. Kicking game. Will Levis not ready for prime time
    It would help if he had a decent OL in front of him.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I was going back n forth thru several games. And some darn good ones too. But the Kentucky-Ole Miss was (so far) the best. I wanna give credit to OM's defense, but how many times was KY driving, and either in tying FG range, or the redzone, and come up empty?? Just one that got away IMO. Darn good game though.
    Missed field goal, two missed extra points. Seven points right there.

Rich Scangarello shot his mouth off earlier this week and dared teams to blitz Levis. Ole Miss took it to task.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Missed field goal, two missed extra points. Seven points right there.

Rich Scangarello shot his mouth off earlier this week and dared teams to blitz Levis. Ole Miss took it to task.
    Last 3 possessions ending in turnovers...on the road. How'd they only lose by 3?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    It would help if he had a decent OL in front of him.
    It would help if he remember what team he plays or an not throw the darn ball at the other team 8-10 times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    It would help if he remember what team he plays or an not throw the darn ball at the other team 8-10 times a game.
    Levis is far from the main problem with this team. Without him they will have trouble beating anyone. If they don't improve that OL in a hurry he won't be around much longer as he is taking a beating every game.

Also had better improve special teams. Special teams can win you a game or two every year and also lose you a couple if they aren't good. You can lay a big portion of this loss at Ole Miss to special teams. They had better improve this aspect soon or they will take a few more L's before this season is done.

UK drops to 13th in the latest polls. That's about right for them now. They were over ranked at 7 anyway.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Blame that on Rich Scangarello.

It’s a pro style offense. They want Levis to be aggressive. When you are aggressive you take chances. It doesn’t help that he’s breaking in two very young wide receivers although both have a tremendous amount of upside.

I’ll be curious to see who Kentucky gets next year to replace Levis because there will be a pretty nice supporting cast to sell to a transfer portal QB.

Levis is far from the main problem with this team. Without him they will have trouble beating anyone. If they don't improve that OL in a hurry he won't be around much longer as he is taking a beating every game.

Also had better improve special teams. Special teams can win you a game or two every year and also lose you a couple if they aren't good. You can lay a big portion of this loss at Ole Miss to special teams. They had better improve this aspect soon or they will take a few more L's before this season is done.

UK drops to 13th in the latest polls. That's about right for them now. They were over ranked at 7 anyway.

I agree, but dang nabbitt he must be color blind at times.

- - - Updated - - -

Blame that on Rich Scangarello.

It’s a pro style offense. They want Levis to be aggressive. When you are aggressive you take chances. It doesn’t help that he’s breaking in two very young wide receivers although both have a tremendous amount of upside.

I’ll be curious to see who Kentucky gets next year to replace Levis because there will be a pretty nice supporting cast to sell to a transfer portal QB.
    I dont think they go transfer portal, they will go with the QB from Somerset High School.

I agree, but dang nabbitt he must be color blind at times.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think they go transfer portal, they will go with the QB from Somerset High School.
    I don’t see it being Sheron. Could be wrong but he’s probably a solid backup or someone who transfers out aka Beau Allen.

Matt Jones said to keep an eye on Hank Bauchmeier from Boise State. I imagine other teams will be on him and his record isn’t that impressive but look at the job done with Will Levis.

Speaking of Sheron, he may get his first start on Saturday.

Will Levis is questionable with a lower leg injury suffered against Ole Miss.

Rut...Roh, I'm not sure UK can beat anyone in the SEC without Levis.I was afraid this would happen with the beatings he was taking. I hope he can bevcause otherwise they are going to have hard time in this one and just any other game this season he may not play in.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Rut...Roh, I'm not sure UK can beat anyone in the SEC without Levis.I was afraid this would happen with the beatings he was taking. I hope he can bevcause otherwise they are going to have hard time in this one and just any other game this season he may not play in.
    Vanderbilt maybe.

Vanderbilt maybe.
    That would be about it. But it would be a lot closer than expected IMO.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?