Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2022 UK Football: The March Continues

2022 UK Football: The March Continues

Kentucky loses 24-14 to South Carolina.

Sheron wasn’t bad but you could tell they missed Levis.

Kentucky botched a trick play to start the game that led to a 7-0 South Carolina lead. Once that happened and Kentucky was behind the 8 ball what was left of the offense fell apart. The defense did great in the first half and kept them in it but they got no help from the offense.
    Last edited by WVRed; 10-09-2022 at 06:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2022 UK Football: The March Continues

Pretty much what I expected without Levis. No offense.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Good win last night against Miss State. Keeps them in line for an 8 win season. I figure they have no shot against Tennessee or Georgia. Missouri won't be easy but its very winnable and they should beat Vandy and Louisville. This will still have UK in the area I would like to see about every year. Stoops is maintaining that level and I will always be happy with that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

SATURDAY, OCT 29
    at
    3 Tennessee
    7:00pm ET | ESPN
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-20-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    SATURDAY, OCT 29
    at
    3 Tennessee
    7:00pm ET | ESPN
    Neyland will be rockin'. Party time on Ol' RockyTop!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Neyland will be rockin'. Party time on Ol' RockyTop!
    If Tennessee loses it will be because they are looking ahead to Between the Hedges.

Earlier in the year I thought Kentucky and Tennessee would be a battle for second place. I was wrong.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If Tennessee loses it will be because they are looking ahead to Between the Hedges.

Earlier in the year I thought Kentucky and Tennessee would be a battle for second place. I was wrong.
    They ought not take Kentucky lightly

Kentucky was a good matchup for Tenn. Poor O line. Can't score in bunches. I thought it could be a blowout but it also had trap game written all over it. Very pleased to see the Vols roll. Scary thing is Hendon Hooker just had a so so game. He can play better

No surprise from me they got slaughtered down in Knoxville. Tennessee is the hottest team in the country and have a really good chance of being in the playoffs. UK is really no better than a 7 win team, if that. They have a tough one to win at Missouri next week. The Louisville game is looking a lot tougher too as they seem to be getting their act together. So that 8 win season I had hoped for is looking very bleak.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    No surprise from me they got slaughtered down in Knoxville. Tennessee is the hottest team in the country and have a really good chance of being in the playoffs. UK is really no better than a 7 win team, if that. They have a tough one to win at Missouri next week. The Louisville game is looking a lot tougher too as they seem to be getting their act together. So that 8 win season I had hoped for is looking very bleak.
    Missouri should not be a tough one. If you can't beat Missouri then you're back to being a bottom feeder in the SEC. I thought Mark Stoops changed all that

I thought Tenn matched up very well with UK so I too thought the Vols need not worry about that game. That said, I was surprised that Levis couldn't throw for 100 yards. I didn't expect a 40 pt beatdown

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Kentucky was a good matchup for Tenn. Poor O line. Can't score in bunches. I thought it could be a blowout but it also had trap game written all over it. Very pleased to see the Vols roll. Scary thing is Hendon Hooker just had a so so game. He can play better
    Kentucky has no offense, which is sad considering they have a QB projected by many to be a first round pick. The O-line has been terrible. Rodriguez is finally getting back into a groove after being out the first four games. They are breaking in new wide receivers who are young but promising in Dane Key and Barion Brown but they are both freshmen.

Some of it I think is Rich Scangarello replacing Liam Coen. He was supposed to be a continuation of Coen but I think he’s taken the offense backward. Adikindo posted this in another thread but Levis also hasn’t shown up in big games. His best game was the Tennessee game last year and he threw a game deciding pick six in that one.

Incredibly lucky today.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 11-07-2022 at 08:35 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Kentucky just lost to Vanderbilt.

Really ready for this season to be over with.

Kentucky just lost to Vanderbilt.

Really ready for this season to be over with.
    We are visiting in Lexington this weekend. We were not at the game but some pretty disappointed people here.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Back to being a basketball school?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

18. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-14-2022)

Turn Off Ads?