Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4/26 Minor League Scores

Re: 4/26 Minor League Scores

Louisville chokes. Again.

This time on a passed ball (!) by Sandy Leon.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Smokies lose too, 5-4.

Lookouts had plenty of chances, but couldn't quite get there.

That's the story for the entire farm system tonight. Poor baseball IQ by a few guys, poorly timed errors, and some head-scratching decisions by managers led to a 1-3 night.

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

4. Likes:

SirFelixCat (04-26-2022)

First time watching the Daytona Tortugas. Allen's 1st hit was a hard ground ball single to LF. He went to second when Ruben Ibarra was HBP (this dude looks like Frank Thomas 6-5 290)they pulled off a double steal but batter blocked the catcher so it was called back.

Sam Benschoter looked good, had what looked like a mid 90's FB with a tight curve ball he had average control of. He showed good control of his FB.

Hendricks looks like a good athlete he tried to score from second on a very hard hit single by Ibarra. I felt the 3b coach should've held him up ball was just smoked by big Ibarra. Could've got Hendricks hurt, it was a bang bang play.

In the Dayton Dragon game in the 1st De La Cruz once again had a half swing rocket that just went foul, ball ricocheted high off the light post. His SB, he was picked off 1st but he used his speed and beat the throw to second. Good job of just putting your head down and getting it done.

Hinds HR landed about the same distance as De La Cruz but it was just fair, nice oppo shot.

Boyle FB was 96-98, had his Kershaw curve that he had a little above average control of. Batters were just looking at that thing. I saw one batter swing at that thing and it was a dribbler right back to Boyle, easy out.

When he gets total command of that FB he's a load. Right now A ball hitters are so afraid of Boyle one hitter was literally running out of the box on a inside FB. The base hit he gave up was a ground ball through the hole in LF, batter went the other way with it.

6. Likes:

JCM11 (04-27-2022),Mitri (04-27-2022),Old school 1983 (04-27-2022),RED VAN HOT (04-27-2022)

Joe 'says it's so' Boyle

Opposing hitters are 1 for 38 with 22 SO and a .271 OPS against Boyle this year.

My choice would be Big Bad Boyle. I say this because he's so intimidating on the mound and he has fairly decent control of the FB that I think he maybe throwing some pitches wild to keep batters intimidated IMO. If he is he's a genius because these A ball hitters look terrified of him. His Kershaw curve they have zero chance against it...zero.

It reminds me of why I stopped playing hardball. I got beaned in middle school and after that I was never the same. Always chocking up and timid. If you threw me a curve I would run from it. That's what it looks like when Big Bad pitches.
    Last edited by icehole3; 04-27-2022 at 11:56 AM.

Joe "Big, Bad" Boyle is hereby named the Mace Memorial Minor League Player of the Day for his 5 inning, one-hit, 5 BB, 5 K performance on 4/26.

11. Likes:

icehole3 (04-27-2022),Tom Servo (04-27-2022),Tuff Nut (04-27-2022)

Turn Off Ads?