Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 NBA playoffs, 2022 NBA off-season and 2022 NBA draft

Re: 2021-22 NBA playoffs, 2022 NBA off-season and 2022 NBA draft

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    5/106 is a pretty decent number for the Knicks. Good player, not breaking the bank.
    Knicks could only offer 4 Dallas was set to offer 5...

4 for 106 is a getting into breaking the bank territory

- - - Updated - - -

Javale McGee to Dallas 3 for 20...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Nets keeping Nic Claxton and trading for Royce O'Neal (cost a 1st rounder, don't know about protections) is fairly interesting. They're decent supporting cast players if you've got a star or two.

Anfernee Simons getting 4/100 seems pretty steep for a guy who might be unplayable next to Dame in a playoff game.

Bucks kept Bobby Portis at 4/49. Tyus Jones stays in Memphis for 2/30. Lu Dort stays in OKC for 5/87.5.

Rumor is Boston is they're interested in Gallo now that he's been cut.

And the Magic are paying Gary Harris 2/26 to stay. Why? He's not a terrible player, but they've got Suggs, Anthony, Fultz, Ross and Hampton. Seems like they've got their backcourt minutes covered.
    Last edited by M2; 06-30-2022 at 08:50 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Orlando bringing back Gary Harris - 2 years, 26 million.

We are completely running it back + Paolo and Caleb Houstan (who I don't expect to see much of in the regular season).

Kyrie is supposedly focused on joining the Lakers. Honestly if I were LA id just say no. In actuality you're hoping that in year 1 of AD/Lebron/Kyrie everything falls into place and you win it all. After that you'll have to pay him a max deal and Lebron will likely give you a 1 year deal so that he's a FA again the next year and can sign with whoever drafts Bronny.

Ultimately you go all in for 1 or 2 years. The rest of your roster is complete garbage outside of maybe THT so you'll end up signing guys like Dwight, Melo, Bradley etc. who will be fine throughout the year when needed but will get crushed in the playoffs because they're well past their primes, then you'll end up with Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irving on max deals and they are two of the most undependable players in the history of the NBA. For different reasons but still.

Oh and you've got to find a way to move Russ, who's been nothing short of a amazing when it's come to how he's handled the scrutiny in LA, which will likely require a 3rd team. Oh and you'll probably have to give up the rights to some 1st rounders in 2026 and 2028 but that seems to be a trend in the LA area (Rams).

5/106 is a pretty decent number for the Knicks. Good player, not breaking the bank.
    Especially since they didn’t have to give up too many additional assets to get him.

Considering how much dead weight they cut from the roster (Burks, Kemba, Noel), all they gave up was that #11 pick and a few 2nd rounders, and they received some future first rounders to boot and have a bit of cap space left. It was a circuitous route but they’re a better team now and hopefully throughout the Brunson deal.

7. Likes:

Puffy (07-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Especially since they didn’t have to give up too many additional assets to get him.

Considering how much dead weight they cut from the roster (Burks, Kemba, Noel), all they gave up was that #11 pick and a few 2nd rounders, and they received some future first rounders to boot and have a bit of cap space left. It was a circuitous route but they’re a better team now and hopefully throughout the Brunson deal.
    Brunson is a good player being paid like a great one, 4 for 106 is a lot of coin for a guy who averages 16 pts per game. That playoff series vs Utah took him from 4 for 55 to 4 for 106, not sure he can maintain that kind of play over 82. However he is the point guard the Knicks have been searching for for what 5-7 years. Kudos to them for clearing out the cap space to make it happen. He has a ton of ties to the Knicks so it was a no brainer he would sign with them.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Brunson is a good player being paid like a great one, 4 for 106 is a lot of coin for a guy who averages 16 pts per game. That playoff series vs Utah took him from 4 for 55 to 4 for 106, not sure he can maintain that kind of play over 82. However he is the point guard the Knicks have been searching for for what 5-7 years. Kudos to them for clearing out the cap space to make it happen. He has a ton of ties to the Knicks so it was a no brainer he would sign with them.
    You've got the years wrong. He's getting 5/106. Nothing all that onerous about $21M for a starting player.

Correction: I see Woj is now reporting it's 4, which is steeper. Definitely takes it up a notch.
    Last edited by M2; 06-30-2022 at 09:59 PM.

Slo-Mo to the Wolves for 2/18. Never can decide how I feel about him. I think maybe that's a strong indicator of absolute averageness.
    Last edited by M2; 06-30-2022 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Orlando bringing back Gary Harris - 2 years, 26 million.

We are completely running it back + Paolo and Caleb Houstan (who I don't expect to see much of in the regular season).
    After a 22-60 season you'd think they'd want to run at least a little less of it back.

12. Likes:

adkindo (06-30-2022),Puffy (07-01-2022),Revering4Blue (06-30-2022),Rojo Rijo (07-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Kyrie is supposedly focused on joining the Lakers. Honestly if I were LA id just say no. In actuality you're hoping that in year 1 of AD/Lebron/Kyrie everything falls into place and you win it all. After that you'll have to pay him a max deal and Lebron will likely give you a 1 year deal so that he's a FA again the next year and can sign with whoever drafts Bronny.

Ultimately you go all in for 1 or 2 years. The rest of your roster is complete garbage outside of maybe THT so you'll end up signing guys like Dwight, Melo, Bradley etc. who will be fine throughout the year when needed but will get crushed in the playoffs because they're well past their primes, then you'll end up with Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irving on max deals and they are two of the most undependable players in the history of the NBA. For different reasons but still.

Oh and you've got to find a way to move Russ, who's been nothing short of a amazing when it's come to how he's handled the scrutiny in LA, which will likely require a 3rd team. Oh and you'll probably have to give up the rights to some 1st rounders in 2026 and 2028 but that seems to be a trend in the LA area (Rams).
    I personally would care less what Kyrie wants if it requires any future draft capital....actually I am not using any future 1st rounders to move Russ in almost any deal. I am also not looking to extend Lebron before next offseason. Let it play out this year and see if Ham can get it to work with Russ.....if not, no big deal as he comes off the payroll next year. I would not be totally against allowing Lebron to walk next year and moving AD if it does not work this season. Mortgaging the future chasing a playoff berth as Lebron's window closes makes little to no sense to me. Lebron has lost a step and getting injured more.....AD shows signs of having the heart of a hamster....and it may just be time to look toward the future.

The one positive about being a fan of a team that is capped out is the ability to set back and watch team after team make bad decisions.....continuing to pay "good players" like they are game changing level players.

I am encouraged with the work the Lakers have did in free agency with little resources.....focusing on younger versatile players over the past their prime veterans that Lebron has pushed for in previous seasons. The problem is as in the past Pelinka is unable to get any team control over these type of signings for a 2nd year....so if they have a good season, the Lakers can't afford them the following season (see Monk). The best thing for the Lakers is a total rebuild of the organization.....selling to new ownership with super deep pockets and much better front office as I think Pelinka continues to show he lacks capability as an NBA executive.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    If my team cleared out max cap space and used it to sign Jalen Brunson, I would be sick to my stomach.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

16. Likes:

Betterread (06-30-2022)

Slo-Mo to the Wolves for 2/18. Never can decide how I feel about him. I think maybe that's a strong indicator of absolute averageness.
    I like the signing. I think he will play PF next to KAT, along with Vanderbilt.
    Hollinger likes him (predicted he would get $18 M/yr) - “Slo-Mo isn’t everybody’s cup of tea because he doesn’t fit in with preconceived ideas about role players who stand in the corner. He’s a 33 percent career shooter from distance and needs nearly the entire shot clock to load up his delivery. He’s much more effective playing on the ball, playing in transition or slashing to the cup in random offense, and it feels like each of his coaches has needed an adjustment period to figure out what the heck to do with him.

That said, Anderson is a near-point-guard-caliber ballhandler who also instantly improves any defense he joins and is a solid rebounder at either end. I think he’ll end up a bargain on the midlevel deal he’s likely getting; just to max out the funkiness, I’d love to see him end up in Toronto in a lineup of nothing but 6-9 guys.”

18. Likes:

M2 (06-30-2022),Revering4Blue (06-30-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I like the signing. I think he will play PF next to KAT, along with Vanderbilt.
    Hollinger likes him (predicted he would get $18 M/yr) - “Slo-Mo isn’t everybody’s cup of tea because he doesn’t fit in with preconceived ideas about role players who stand in the corner. He’s a 33 percent career shooter from distance and needs nearly the entire shot clock to load up his delivery. He’s much more effective playing on the ball, playing in transition or slashing to the cup in random offense, and it feels like each of his coaches has needed an adjustment period to figure out what the heck to do with him.

That said, Anderson is a near-point-guard-caliber ballhandler who also instantly improves any defense he joins and is a solid rebounder at either end. I think he’ll end up a bargain on the midlevel deal he’s likely getting; just to max out the funkiness, I’d love to see him end up in Toronto in a lineup of nothing but 6-9 guys.”
    Is this going to cut into McDaniels getting minutes? He looked great in the playoffs.

Is this going to cut into McDaniels getting minutes? He looked great in the playoffs.
    He would play SF, where he can effectively guard bigger wings. He is too skinny for PF, but he was forced to play too many minutes in that position. Taurean Prince will back him up.

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?