Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 NBA playoffs, 2022 NBA off-season and 2022 NBA draft

Re: 2021-22 NBA playoffs, 2022 NBA off-season and 2022 NBA draft

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It's pretty easy to outcoach someone when you have the best roster ever assembled in NBA history
    The Warriors had that 4 years ago, but they certainly don’t now.

Kerr and his staff got every ounce of potential out of Wiggins to the point he was the second best player in the series.

Klay is maybe 50% of what he was pre injury. Draymond can occasionally get to a high level, but he’s also nowhere near the player he was during the Cavs series. They were getting major important contributions from Poole and Payton and didn’t play the 2 pick in the draft, which you would have assumed would have been their reward for having a lost injury year.

I think that’s what makes this warriors win pretty cool, is they didn’t have an amazing roster. They have a great system, with a great coach that gets everyone bought in and then of course Steph Curry.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-20-2022),Chip R (06-17-2022),dubc47834 (06-17-2022),M2 (06-17-2022),Revering4Blue (06-19-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

It'll be fascinating to see what the Dubs do now. Nearly everyone is eligible for an extension, but, were I GM, I don't think I'd do it.

If they extend everyone, they're looking at a $250M tax situation.

Woof.

Green and Thompson have three years left on their original deals-- I'd look to trade both, honestly, in order to keep (and expand the roles of) Poole and GPII. Kuminga's just about ready for monster minutes and looks good. Wiseman can take some PF clock too, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    is they didn’t have an amazing roster.
    Agree to strongly disagree
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Agree to strongly disagree
    Based on what? I’m not trashing the Warriors roster, but it’s the weakest roster they’ve had for any of their titles and it’s not even the best roster in the NBA this season let alone all time. I just don’t get where that argument comes from.

The first four games, it seemed like the C's had the clearly better roster and had many physical advantages. That was nowhere to be seen last night. I think both coaching staffs did amazing jobs- the Celtics to turn their season around and get to 2-1 up and the Warriors to finish it off.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

8. Likes:

Chip R (06-17-2022)

Based on what? I’m not trashing the Warriors roster, but it’s the weakest roster they’ve had for any of their titles and it’s not even the best roster in the NBA this season let alone all time. I just don’t get where that argument comes from.
    They have literally 4 hall of famers on this roster. One of which is the best shooter in the history of the sport and a top 3 player all time. Another who was all-star this year. And a very deep bench. Jordan Poole would be a starter for half the league. Lebron and Jordan never had a roster that good.

They have literally 4 hall of famers on this roster. One of which is the best shooter in the history of the sport and a top 3 player all time. Another who was all-star this year. And a very deep bench. Jordan Poole would be a starter for half the league. Lebron and Jordan never had a roster that good.
    Again I’m not trashing this roster, but 2 of those Hall of Famers are a fraction of what they were a few years ago. If Wiggins is your 4th HOFer, I love how he’s progressed, but him being the second best player I think proves my point not yours.

I mean the 2017 team had peak Curry, Durant, Klay and Draymond and still very useful Igudsla, McGee and Livingston. That team sweeps this team and I don’t think any game is within 15 points.

11. Likes:

SteelSD (06-17-2022)

I'm seeing three Hall of Famers. Still pretty good, but it's not four.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Iguodala will be too (I suspect), but he's mostly a cheerleader at this point.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Four with Iggy

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-19-2022)

Memphis had the best chance to beat them but once Morant went down and Phx got stopped by Dallas they had such a clear path to another championship.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Curry to be inducted into Hall of Fame in August and have his number retired!

https://davidsonwildcats.com/news/20...in-august.aspx

Is getting his diploma too!

Go Davidson College Basketball!
    Last edited by klw; 06-18-2022 at 05:58 AM.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Lebron and Jordan never had a roster that good.
    Again I’m not trashing this roster, but 2 of those Hall of Famers are a fraction of what they were a few years ago. If Wiggins is your 4th HOFer, I love how he’s progressed, but him being the second best player I think proves my point not yours.

I mean the 2017 team had peak Curry, Durant, Klay and Draymond and still very useful Igudsla, McGee and Livingston. That team sweeps this team and I don’t think any game is within 15 points.
    Agreed on both counts.

It's difficult - if not impossible - to compare teams from different eras. That said, the '83 76ers - IMHO, the best team of the '80s-'90s - had four hall-of-famers and unquestionably five had Andrew Toney remained healthy. The '86 Celtics had five hall-of-famers, though one - Bill Walton - was a role player, albeit a damn effective one, at that point. With the possible exception of the Showtime era Lakers, I can't say that I've witnessed a stronger dynasty than the '15 - now Warriors. But, just as with Jordan's Bulls, the Showtime era Lakers had relative cakewalks virtually every season within their own conference to reach the Finals. Can't say that about the Warriors.

And here's the scary thought: The Warriors received very little collective production from their first round picks from three recent first rounders: Kumonga, Wiseman and Moody, who all have very high ceilings, which, more or less, serves as a cautionary tale against selecting inferior talent for the sole purpose of instant production/high floor types. In the case of the later, you trade the pick for a veteran.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

20. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-20-2022),dubc47834 (06-20-2022),M2 (06-20-2022),RedTeamGo! (06-20-2022)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    It'll be fascinating to see what the Dubs do now. Nearly everyone is eligible for an extension, but, were I GM, I don't think I'd do it.

If they extend everyone, they're looking at a $250M tax situation.

Woof.

Green and Thompson have three years left on their original deals-- I'd look to trade both, honestly, in order to keep (and expand the roles of) Poole and GPII. Kuminga's just about ready for monster minutes and looks good. Wiseman can take some PF clock too, I suspect.
    I disagree on trading Green and Thompson. I think they have to keep the core 4 together. I saw that the kings were interested in trading the #4 pick for Poole. I'd do that in a heartbeat. I like Poole, but think he is a byproduct of the Dubs system.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

The 1996-97 Chicago Bulls team had five HOF on it: Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Parish, and Toni Kukoc.

The 2012-2013 Miami Heat had four HOF players, all of them considered among the ten best at their respective positions: LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, and Ray Allen.

I'd consider both of those lineups more talented than the current Warrior lineup by significant margins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I disagree on trading Green and Thompson. I think they have to keep the core 4 together. I saw that the kings were interested in trading the #4 pick for Poole. I'd do that in a heartbeat. I like Poole, but think he is a byproduct of the Dubs system.
    I'm just not sure I could spend at least a quarter of a billion dollars on tax overages and salary cap penalties.

23. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-20-2022)

Turn Off Ads?