Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 NBA playoffs, 2022 NBA off-season and 2022 NBA draft

Re: 2021-22 NBA playoffs, 2022 NBA off-season and 2022 NBA draft

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Who says no?

Malcolm Brogdon, Myles Turner, and the sixth pick in the draft for Deandre Ayton and Dario Saric.
    That's a fascinating trade idea. I could see Indiana fighting like crazy to keep that #6 pick, because that's the forward you'd want running with Ayton and Halliburton. Wonder if they could throw in next year's pick instead?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Who says no?

Malcolm Brogdon, Myles Turner, and the sixth pick in the draft for Deandre Ayton and Dario Saric.
    This one is a lot tougher. I like M2's idea, keep this years pick, and see if they bite on next year's 1st rounder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That's a fascinating trade idea. I could see Indiana fighting like crazy to keep that #6 pick, because that's the forward you'd want running with Ayton and Halliburton. Wonder if they could throw in next year's pick instead?
    Great idea about using next year's 1st rounder as bait.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

RIP, Caleb Swanigan.

Shocking and so sad

https://247sports.com/college/kentuc...FWJSnciuiljOds

edit: Sorry, I see a new thread on this started earlier. My bad
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 06-21-2022 at 12:32 PM.

5. Likes:

Chip R (06-22-2022)

Wanted to add that SGA from OKC is available and probably the biggest prize for a team wanting to move an all star or max guy. And OKC is in one of these “trust the process” personnel acquisition modes. Where they give away good players like Horford, because they’re trying to lose to stockpile draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Wanted to add that SGA from OKC is available and probably the biggest prize for a team wanting to move an all star or max guy. And OKC is in one of these “trust the process” personnel acquisition modes. Where they give away good players like Horford, because they’re trying to lose to stockpile draft picks.
    Is he? I find that shocking. Thought he was the guy they're trying to build around. Where are you seeing that?

If SGA is indeed available, that's who Sacramento should give up their pick for. They could add the pick two years from now as well or perhaps, if OKC like him, Davion Mitchell.

SGA's one of the guys you pay a premium for-- he's still cheap, right at the cusp of All-NBA level, and has more upside beyond that.

Every team in the league should be falling all over themselves to make a deal. He's better than anyone right now on just about half the teams in the league.

9. Likes:

M2 (06-21-2022)

If SGA is indeed available, that's who Sacramento should give up their pick for. They could add the pick two years from now as well or perhaps, if OKC like him, Davion Mitchell.

SGA's one of the guys you pay a premium for-- he's still cheap, right at the cusp of All-NBA level, and has more upside beyond that.

Every team in the league should be falling all over themselves to make a deal. He's better than anyone right now on just about half the teams in the league.
    SGA will be paid 30.5 million this season, the first of his 5-year 176 million dollar deal, so he's not cheap. Sacramento is over the cap and they also need to do some work to avoid the Luxury tax. Like almost every other NBA team, they can't absorb that salary unless they also offload a significant amount of salary themselves.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    SGA will be paid 30.5 million this season, the first of his 5-year 176 million dollar deal, so he's not cheap. Sacramento is over the cap and they also need to do some work to avoid the Luxury tax. Like almost every other NBA team, they can't absorb that salary unless they also offload a significant amount of salary themselves.
    That's interesting. I have the Kings as having just over $100M in salary right now. They have a ton of holds, but can get rid of nearly all of them by renouncing the players. (And really, not many of those guys are worth those salaries.) They could, for example, swallow just about all of SGA's salary without blinking an eye.

That's interesting. I have the Kings as having just over $100M in salary right now. They have a ton of holds, but can get rid of nearly all of them by renouncing the players. (And really, not many of those guys are worth those salaries.) They could, for example, swallow just about all of SGA's salary without blinking an eye.
    You'll need to scroll down to the 2022-23 Practical Cap Space section (which is currently -25 millon and change). The highly unlikely "best case scenario" Max Possible Cap Space right below it is 9.2 million. They can't absorb 30 million in salary without moving something big either before or during any trade. I'm not sure where you got that he was cheap, but he's nowhere close.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Is he? I find that shocking. Thought he was the guy they're trying to build around. Where are you seeing that?
    Larry brown sports reported that DC was talking to OKC about a Beal for SGA swap. I thought I read another similar article but I can’t find it now.

So it's $106M and supposedly the cap is rising to $122M. That would give them $16M wiggle. SGA is going to cost $29.75M this season. If they moved the #4, Davion Mitchell and Richaun Holmes that could get them under the cap. Not saying OKC would do that, but the money would work.

- - - Updated - - -

Larry brown sports reported that DC was talking to OKC about a Beal for SGA swap. I thought I read another similar article but I can’t find it now.
    Looks like the Wiz want him more than OKC is looking to move him.

I really can't imagine Beal would allow himself to be traded to OKC.

Read a great line about the Kings and Jaden Ivey.

If more than a quarter of the league wants to trade up to take the guy they think is going to fall to your spot, because they think he rules, maybe you just take that guy and figure the rest out later?

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-22-2022),Rojo Rijo (06-22-2022)

Read a great line about the Kings and Jaden Ivey.
    That's what they've done the past two years, fwiw, with Haliburton and Mitchell.

Looks like Brogdon will be dealt sooner rather than later. He can help just about anyone, and his contract isn't egregiously bad.

Also looks like the Kings will take a wait-and-see approach to the fourth pick (and Ivey).

What's the bottom you'd take for that fourth pick, RedsZone? Specific player, if you don't mind, or at least echelon.

There aren't many, IMO.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 06-22-2022 at 11:11 AM.

Turn Off Ads?