Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 NBA playoffs, 2022 NBA off-season and 2022 NBA draft

Re: 2021-22 NBA playoffs, 2022 NBA off-season and 2022 NBA draft

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    There can't be many people in Utah who still actually cared about this team by the time that shot went up. He did Jazz fans a favor by putting this clown show of a season out of its misery.
    I was telling my friend last night that I was fully confident the Jazz were going to win the next 2 and then win Game 1 in Phoenix and get hope fully restored before losing 4 straight to the Suns in various forms of soul crushing fashion.

So thank you Bojan, you’ve saved me two weeks of staying up until 1am.

2. Likes:

Betterread (04-29-2022),Boston Red (04-29-2022),M2 (04-29-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    That was a tough shot to miss, but way down the list of things with this stupid team.
    He had a lousy series too. It was a fitting cap to him being generally useless. He was getting eaten alive on the defensive end.

So, who's around for that team next season? Seems like they could move anyone. Might want to see if the Knicks will make a sweetheart offer for Mitchell. Gobert's getting tossed into all kinds of rumors. Could they land Onyeka Okongwu and De'Andre Hunter in a package for Rudy? Is there a market for Bogey? It would seem like a whole bunch of non-playoff teams could use shooting on the wing. How shipping him to Cleveland for Markkanen? And would anyone touch Mike Conley with a ten-foot pole?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    He had a lousy series too. It was a fitting cap to him being generally useless. He was getting eaten alive on the defensive end.

So, who's around for that team next season? Seems like they could move anyone. Might want to see if the Knicks will make a sweetheart offer for Mitchell. Gobert's getting tossed into all kinds of rumors. Could they land Onyeka Okongwu and De'Andre Hunter in a package for Rudy? Is there a market for Bogey? It would seem like a whole bunch of non-playoff teams could use shooting on the wing. How shipping him to Cleveland for Markkanen? And would anyone touch Mike Conley with a ten-foot pole?
    He was very bad in Game 5, but was fine other than that. Once Luka came back and he had to be the 2 way guy his offense fell off a bit, but that’s normal, and is more a team construction problem than a Bogey problem.

Guessing what Ainge will do is a bit of a fools errand, but I think he will start by seeing if he can keep Mitchell and maybe Bogdonavich and get rid of everyone else. If the Knicks want to offer Barrett and their pick this year and some other stuff for Mitchell I don’t think you hang up.

He was very bad in Game 5, but was fine other than that. Once Luka came back and he had to be the 2 way guy his offense fell off a bit, but that’s normal, and is more a team construction problem than a Bogey problem.

Guessing what Ainge will do is a bit of a fools errand, but I think he will start by seeing if he can keep Mitchell and maybe Bogdonavich and get rid of everyone else. If the Knicks want to offer Barrett and their pick this year and some other stuff for Mitchell I don’t think you hang up.
    This is an important offseason for Utah. If they don’t make the right roster changes, they will end up out of the playoffs. What a rapid fall from the high level they were playing at in early/ middle 21-22 regular season.

There isn't a lot they ought to keep. It's probably the right time to move Rudy. I'd think Ainge would deal Bogey just because he'll be looking to get younger. On a more general note, Atlanta almost surely is looking to make a splash and I'd be all over Okongwu.

This sucks for the Sixers: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ild-concussion

Joel Embiid out indefinitely with an orbital fracture and a concussion. He was already playing with a torn ligament in his left thumb.

It happened late, late in the 4th quarter with Philadelphia leading 119-90. Why was he even out there?

9. Likes:

Chip R (05-02-2022)

TOWNS:

"SLAM YOU very much!!!!:"
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Doncic looks pretty intense to me hitting 3's over Gobert and waving bye bye to the Utah fans...Dallas has such good ball movement when they go with their 3 guard line up.
    Doncic intense? I don't think so.

But, that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about team intensity. 1 or 2 guys who are intense doesn't do jack in the playoffs. It has to be something bought into team-wide to make an impact. DAL has zero intensity as a team. Same goes for UTA. There's just no blood flowing in those teams.

DAL will get swept by the Suns. They'd also lose the series if they played New Orleans right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Towns looks like a fool with all of his whining every other posession.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    This sucks for the Sixers: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ild-concussion

Joel Embiid out indefinitely with an orbital fracture and a concussion. He was already playing with a torn ligament in his left thumb.

It happened late, late in the 4th quarter with Philadelphia leading 119-90. Why was he even out there?
    Yeah, that sucks. I also wondered why he was out there at the time, but it looked like Rivers was waiting for the Raptors to concede by emptying their own bench first. That being said, the officials lost control of the game long before that, not calling repeated shoves and elbows from the Raptors, ignored Boucher grabbing Embiid's ankle, and didn't call a dangerous undercut on a Harden three. Scottie Barnes was consistently trying to instigate. Beyond chippy from Toronto and it got progressively worse as the butt kicking continued. It was not surprising that Siakam whipped an elbow to Embiid's face (which was originally called a foul on Embiid, before being overturned) right after Embiid dunked on the entire Canadian population. Siakam really outed himself as a complete Milo this series. And I didn't care from a score perspective at that point, but that was an easy Flagrant I call at minimum, but the officials botched that upon review as well.

The concussion protocol mandates that Embiid be out 5 days minimum, but he'd be out for at least that long anyway. He suffered a similar injury in 2018, which kept him on the shelf from March 28th until April 19th. I have zero expectation that he'll be back for any games in the Miami series as Game 7 would be scheduled for May 14th. Should the Sixers pull off a miracle without Embiid and advance, maybe he could play in the conference finals with a face shield (which he hates), but that assumes the injury isn't more severe than it was in 2018.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

13. Likes:

goreds2 (05-01-2022)

Good year Twolves. Memphis just dominated Minny in the fourth quarter all series. Twolves Didn’t always play great this series, but played well enough and played hard. Salutes to Bane and Clarke. Relentless and skilled.
    Golden State has been given a blueprint how to neutralize Morant. Let’s see if Kerr earns his paycheck. Morant relies on Adams “blocking” for him. With Adams out, he’s not the same slasher. Needs the refs to bail him out to get points from free throws.
    Oh. And Dlo sucks, way more than Towns. One good game all Series on a max contract.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

It’s the same old story. Embiid always misses key games due to injury. Year after year. First off, let’s see if Philly can overcome this. Let’s see if Maxey and Harden and Harris can blossom without Embiid.

16. Likes:

goreds2 (05-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    It’s the same old story. Embiid always misses key games due to injury. Year after year.
    Not sure where that narrative is coming from because, until now, Joel Embiid has missed only four playoff games in his career due to injury; two of those due to a separate freak orbital fracture.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Embiid needs some of these: Attachment 18262

19. Likes:

Chip R (05-02-2022),goreds2 (05-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Oh. And Dlo sucks, way more than Towns. One good game all Series on a max contract.
    I'm wondering if they can leverage Dlo into something. Zach LaVine, Donovan Mitchell, Brad Beal, De'Aaron Fox (challenge trade), Malcolm Brogdon and Collin Sexton all will be various levels of available.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm wondering if they can leverage Dlo into something. Zach LaVine, Donovan Mitchell, Brad Beal, De'Aaron Fox (challenge trade), Malcolm Brogdon and Collin Sexton all will be various levels of available.
    I don't think Sacramento has any intention of dealing Fox.

They dealt Haliburton in order to pair Fox with a big. When healthy after the Haliburton deal, Fox's numbers were phenomenal. Like, All-NBA phenomenal.

His combined numbers after Haliburton was dealt include a three-point percentage north of 37% and an overall FG% over 50%. His assists jumped by nearly two a game too. He also averaged nearly 30 ppg on a 30+% usage rate.

22. Likes:

M2 (04-30-2022)

Turn Off Ads?