Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 NBA playoffs, 2022 NBA off-season and 2022 NBA draft

Re: 2021-22 NBA playoffs, 2022 NBA off-season and 2022 NBA draft

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm wondering if they can leverage Dlo into something. Zach LaVine, Donovan Mitchell, Brad Beal, De'Aaron Fox (challenge trade), Malcolm Brogdon and Collin Sexton all will be various levels of available.
    I'm busy trying to figure out what will get LaVine to Memphis.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I'm busy trying to figure out what will get LaVine to Memphis.
    Lots of cash.

There is so little available on the unrestricted open market for 2022-2023. A team of free agents is typically dominant. Not this year. The best team free agency could provide would include one great target (LaVine), a couple of maybe-they-can-first-division-starter types (Brunson and Monk), injury question marks (Warren and Oladipo), and a boatload of solid low-minute centers.

Teams with lots of cap room can either deal for difference-makers, sign LaVine, or wait it out. Not a great off-season for improving a team easily and without cost.

That said, were I a GM, guys who intrigue me would include Oladipo, Jalen Smith, TJ Warren, and Bruce Brown.

There are enough centers rolling around that I could pick one up fairly cheaply, I think.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 04-30-2022 at 01:02 PM.

I expect a lot of sign-and-trade this summer. LaVine is going to be the big one. I do not expect him to go to a team with cap space. He could stay in Chicago, but he can get paid and chase a ring. My leading candidates for teams where he'd have big impact are Dallas, Brooklyn and Atlanta. Maybe throw Miami in there too, though I have no idea how they make the money work.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I don't think Sacramento has any intention of dealing Fox.

They dealt Haliburton in order to pair Fox with a big. When healthy after the Haliburton deal, Fox's numbers were phenomenal. Like, All-NBA phenomenal.

His combined numbers after Haliburton was dealt include a three-point percentage north of 37% and an overall FG% over 50%. His assists jumped by nearly two a game too. He also averaged nearly 30 ppg on a 30+% usage rate.
    I know. But the team sucked. They were in line to get the 10 seed when they made the trade for Sabonis, and they failed. I won’t put too much blame on Sabonis, because he was new to the team. So you’re left with Barnes and Fox.

Didn't see either game today, but I suspect the story in both is the teams that haven't been to the top of the mountain got handed a lesson by the ones who have.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    This sucks for the Sixers: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ild-concussion

Joel Embiid out indefinitely with an orbital fracture and a concussion. He was already playing with a torn ligament in his left thumb.

It happened late, late in the 4th quarter with Philadelphia leading 119-90. Why was he even out there?
    Totally crazy he was still on the floor that late in a blowout game. I even mentioned that to the wife before it happened as of why he was still out there along with Harden who is also dinged up. That is all on the coach.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Didn't see either game today, but I suspect the story in both is the teams that haven't been to the top of the mountain got handed a lesson by the ones who have.
    not really in the warriors/grizzlies game. That was a war.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    not really in the warriors/grizzlies game. That was a war.
    Definitely close, but Memphis didn't convert on either of those final two possessions. My guess, and it's pure speculation, is they'll close better the next time.

Two totally different games. GS - Memphis was a great game. Close and competitive nearly the whole game. GS overcame Draymond committing a totally weird, anger filled flagrant that got him ejected. They (JordaN Poole) responded well. Poole is carrying GS.
    And then there was Boston Milwaukee. Poor shooting by both teams. Milwaukee played with intent, while Boston just vomited early shot clock bad three pointers. In 90 playoff games, the 89 points by Boston was the fifth lowest.
    Last edited by Betterread; 05-02-2022 at 12:16 AM.

Definitely close, but Memphis didn't convert on either of those final two possessions. My guess, and it's pure speculation, is they'll close better the next time.
    Boston scored on 7 of 18 offensive possessions the fourth quarter before they pulled the first team. Just about anything would be an improvement over that effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Boston scored on 7 of 18 offensive possessions the fourth quarter before they pulled the first team. Just about anything would be an improvement over that effort.
    Seems like they got a taste of what championship-level entails. They'd better adjust fast because the Bucks are the real thing.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Seems like they got a taste of what championship-level entails. They'd better adjust fast because the Bucks are the real thing.
    A lot of people in the national media were writing off the Bucks early in the year. Right now, the Bucks are my fav to come out of the East.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    A lot of people in the national media were writing off the Bucks early in the year. Right now, the Bucks are my fav to come out of the East.
    I have no idea why, they've been my Champion pick all year. KM out causes some concern but I still think they get it done.

IMO anyone who doubts them it isnt doubting Giannis theyre continuing to not realize how good Jrue Holiday truly is.

16. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-03-2022),Kingspoint (05-02-2022),M2 (05-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I have no idea why, they've been my Champion pick all year. KM out causes some concern but I still think they get it done.

IMO anyone who doubts them it isnt doubting Giannis theyre continuing to not realize how good Jrue Holiday truly is.
    Hit the nail on the head about Holiday. Putting way too much stock in Middleton and far underestimating Holiday.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

18. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-03-2022)

Turn Off Ads?