Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 4-28-22 Reds vs Padres 12:35 PM

Re: 4-28-22 Reds vs Padres 12:35 PM

She's definitely nothing of the sort. Neither is JLegal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Berenyi defended AA to the nth degree until no one in their right mind would do it; a few( and getting fewer and far between) will do the same with a guy like Moose.
    maybe just accept a differing opinion as having some validity and move on instead of trying to shame someone into taking your position.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I wasn't being an apologists for Moose, I've criticized him pretty much this year. I just don't do it in every other post like some kinda Idiot.
    She's definitely nothing of the sort. And neither is JLegal... or Cloninger.. or Gagliano.

5. Likes:

gagliano (04-28-2022)

"You've been smooching with everybody!
    Snuffy, Al, Leo...
    Little Moe with the gimpy leg,
    Cheeks, Boney Bob, Cliff...
    I could go on forever, baby."

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The worst 25-game start in MLB history belongs to the Detroit Tigers. In 2003, they started off a woeful 3-22 on their way to a 43-119 stinker. Four times the Cincinnati Reds started off the season 6-19. That was the team's worst 25-game beginning. That happened in 1931, '34, '50 and '86. Those teams finished up 58-96, 52-99, 66-87 and 86-76, respectively. Yes, in 1986 they were 6-19 on their way to an 86-win season. That would probably mean a playoff berth in 2022. With their next 6-games on the road - 3 in Colorado and 3 in Milwaukee - they have an outside chance of matching the all-time worst 25-game start to a season in MLB history. Certainly, the club record is within reach. A 3-3 road trip would make them team number five in Reds history to go 6-19 to open the year. Anything worse than that, and they are in the record books. Let's make some history!

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/04/13/ap...rts-best-worst
    I am pulling for them to outdo the 62 mets: 40-120. That's history!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The Hopper thing is tricky because the basis was 120 games.

One would think of a full time starter, which Norris was not.

But it was an excellent quiz, useful to pass the time during Reds losses.
    I agree, usually in such questions a minimum # of ABs is the prerequisite. Did anybody honestly know that Hopper was an answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    That's how I spent my summers back in the day. Had notebooks and notebooks full of game stats. lol
    Back in 77 up thru my Air Force career I played APBA baseball dice card game. Kept up with all the trades even if it happened during my seasons I was playing.. took me 12 years for the Reds to finally win a World Series. I played every game of every team during a season. I had all the lineups memorized back then..now a computer version is way faster to play. But I enjoy playing the Show MLB on playstation. Very awesome graphics and game play.. sadly only way I can see the Reds win is in a video game ..

10. Likes:

KYExtemper (04-29-2022),REDREAD (04-28-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    Back in 77 up thru my Air Force career I played APBA baseball dice card game. Kept up with all the trades even if it happened during my seasons I was playing.. took me 12 years for the Reds to finally win a World Series. I played every game of every team during a season. I had all the lineups memorized back then..now a computer version is way faster to play. But I enjoy playing the Show MLB on playstation. Very awesome graphics and game play.. sadly only way I can see the Reds win is in a video game ..
    77 was my first yearvin APBA too. I tried the playstation thing but i lack the manual dexterity. I played statis pro for years. And yes, when playing those tabletop versions, you just naturally absorb stats, lineups etc. I miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    He should have caught the ball. It wasn’t hotdog stuff. The ball literally flew by the plane of his glove. He misjudged it. He makes that catch and it saves the game. I have no issues with him trying for it. He just needs to catch it.
    Winker would have played it on a hop and saved a couple of runs

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The Hopper thing is tricky because the basis was 120 games.

One would think of a full time starter, which Norris was not.

But it was an excellent quiz, useful to pass the time during Reds losses.
    I could of guessed from now until the 4th of July and wouldn't have guessed Norris Hopper.

14. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Winker would have played it on a hop and saved a couple of runs
    Likely. Hahaha

Turn Off Ads?