Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 4-30-22 Reds @ Rockies 8:10 PM

Re: 4-30-22 Reds @ Rockies 8:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I agree it probably wouldn’t have matter much, But it’s clear that Bell took Overton out for one reason and one reason only, he was about to face the lineup for the third time. I’ve never been a fan of that kinda of dogmatic approach to anything.
    I am seeing more then a few pitchers on other teams going 7 now and throwing over 90 pitches. 3rd time through the order. Bell is being anal and obtuse while doubling down on the I don’t have any regrets over what I did. True leader here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I am seeing more then a few pitchers on other teams going 7 now and throwing over 90 pitches. 3rd time through the order. Bell is being anal and obtuse while doubling down on the I don’t have any regrets over what I did. True leader here.
    The NL average for IP per start is currently 4.9 innings per start and the NL average for pitches per start is 81 per start.

Reds are at 4.2 and 77.

Last year the Reds led the NL at 5.3 and 90.

It's not Bell, it's the players, which means it's the front office not giving Bell the players he needs.

4. Likes:

goreds2 (05-01-2022),Ron Madden (05-01-2022),wlf WV (05-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    The NL average for IP per start is currently 4.9 innings per start and the NL average for pitches per start is 81 per start.

Reds are at 4.2 and 77.

It's not Bell, it's the players, which means it's the front office not giving Bell the players he needs.
    Exactly, and Overton struggled the last couple innings with location . He was tiring.
    Last edited by wlf WV; 05-01-2022 at 08:44 AM.
    May the Lord bless

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post

Reds are at 4.2 and 77.

I know what the average is. I just pointed out that some pitchers are being allowed to go 3 times through the order with low pitch counts. This was one of those situations where you could have avoided an unreliable bullpen. I know what their numbers were last year too. I didn’t write everyone is going 6-7 innings.

No. It’s been Bell too at times. He knows Moose can’t field but there he is. Even with India out. He’s a DH only. Votto still hitting 4th.

Turn Off Ads?