Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Votto to the IL, Stephenson activated

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: Votto to the IL, Stephenson activated

What did Votto mean by “Five Months to go. Enjoy the Show”?
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I am assuming he is saying the critics who think he is finished are wrong. He will prove that over the next 5 months.

"There’s a lot more in the article that you should go read, including how other players his age who have gotten out to poor starts rebounded – or didn’t – the rest of the way. It’s not for the feint of heart. But maybe Joey Votto isn’t that guy. Last night he tweeted out, in response to the article: Five months to go. Enjoy the show." - https://www.redlegnation.com/2022/05...njoy-the-show/

4. Likes:

malcontent (05-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    He was referring to his Tik Tok channel. Subscribe today and get a Star Wars Joey Votto Bobblehead. I'm certain there will be plenty left over.

6. Likes:

malcontent (05-04-2022),TheBigLebowski (05-04-2022)

I think all Reds players should wear a mask. Not for COVID reasons but to hide their identity from the shame.

It's starting to become a game. "Who Will Go On the IL Today?"

Gapper hasn't been seen around for a while. He might have a hamstring issue.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Reds announced they’ve placed Joey Votto on the COVID-19 injured list.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...tephenson.html
    Votto has not tested positive; he self-reported symptoms, according to manager David Bell
    Understand the caution; but can't they give him a test that will show conclusively, within 24 hours or less, whether he has covid or not, and not just a common cold?

I'm vaccinated to the hilt, but over the winter developed flu-like symptoms a couple times and, out of caution, gave myself tests which came up negative and showed me quickly whether I had the virus or not.
    Last edited by GAC; 05-04-2022 at 03:36 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

10. Likes:

Sea Ray (05-04-2022)

Maybe the Reds didn't have all their guys order their four free COVID tests and bring them to work so the team would have a free stockpile.

Quote Originally Posted by bm1475 View Post
    Maybe the Reds didn't have all their guys order their four free COVID tests and bring them to work so the team would have a free stockpile.
    I would think if you want to keep your players on the field and off the IL MLB/ Reds could foot that bill easily.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Pure conjecture on my part, but I think Votto just needed a break.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

14. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (05-05-2022),cumberlandreds (05-04-2022),fondfoat (05-05-2022),GAC (05-06-2022),HammerTime (05-05-2022),Old school 1983 (05-04-2022),Rowsdower (05-19-2022)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Joey Votto is set to rejoin the Reds in Toronto.
    His focus while on the COVID IL was finding a way out of his slump.
    "I have a responsibility to play well" Votto said.“I never want to play poorly and I’m a problem-solver by nature when it comes to my job.”
    Votto missed the last 15 games after a positive COVID-19 diagnosis on May 3. He was ill for the first eight or nine days, he said, and didn’t move from his bed or the couch in his Milwaukee hotel room or his home in Cincinnati.

The timing worked where he could return for his first games in Toronto since 2017, but that was coincidental.

He was asked Wednesday what sights he wanted to see in his trip back to his hometown.

“Sights-wise, the center of the baseball,” Votto deadpanned. Maybe the second deck. Somewhere around there."

Votto’s primary focus, as he noted in his humorous answer about his favorite sights in Toronto, is playing better. It’s been a rough start at the plate with .122 batting average and one extra-base hit in 74 at-bats.

“I never want to play poorly and I’m a problem-solver by nature when it comes to my job,” Votto said. “I spent most of my time trying to come up with some simple ideas for return, the adjustments I would like to make.”

He had a slow start to the 2021 season before missing a month with a broken thumb. After returning from his thumb injury, he was one of the league’s best hitters throughout the final four months of the season.

When I came back last year, it took maybe a month or so before I caught real fire,” Votto said. “It’s a six-month season. Whether I perform well the day I come back or as the season moves along, I have a responsibility to play well every single day. That’s what my focus has been on.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...BingNewsSearch

16. Likes:

mth123 (05-19-2022),RedsfaninMT (05-19-2022)

Turn Off Ads?