Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5/4 Minor League Scores

Re: 5/4 Minor League Scores

Brandon Williamson finally has a start you'd expect from him - 6 innings, 4 hits, 1 run, 0 walks, 8 strikeouts. Walks/strikeouts the big thing there.

Lookouts exploded for a 7 run inning including McLain's 2nd HR, a grand slam! That's his second multi-HR game in May already.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (05-05-2022),Eric in IL (05-04-2022),M2 (05-04-2022),Old school 1983 (05-04-2022),RedTeamGo! (05-04-2022),Rick Palmer (05-05-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

McLain is a future #3 hitter for the Reds. Hopefully they get the dumpster fire sorted out before he gets called up.

Hinds's first home run was an absolute bomb, and the second was an opposite field no doubter that looked to have cleared the fence by 50 feet.
    Last edited by JCM11; 05-04-2022 at 10:05 PM.

5. Likes:

Rick Palmer (05-05-2022)

Bryce Bonnin is working the second game of the night for the Dragons. Over the first three innings, he fanned 9. He has also hit a batter, walked a batter and been touched up for a solo shot.

7. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (05-05-2022),Rick Palmer (05-05-2022)

Hinds ended up 5-6 on the day, with two HR. That is why Rece Hinds is the Mace Memorial Minor League Player of the Day. He beat out some stiff competition on the day: Matt McLain, Joe Boyle (who's still got a clean slate), Bryce Bonnin, Luis Castillo (who might turn out to be something pretty solid), Cristian Santana (3-3), Robbie Tenorowicz (4-5), Francisco Urbaez (3-5), and Brandon Williamson.

McLain ended up with two more HR.

Alex McGarry hit his 7th HR of the season.

As the season wears on and the humidity begins to become an issue, look for scores to jump.

These Reds' farm teams are made for the hot season-- they have power for days and teammates to pick them up when they're not connecting. Lots of three true outcome players, sure, but those guys are likely to feast until AA at the least. (Then, perhaps they either learn to adapt, flame out, or prove to be something special.)

Reglardless, Hinds is a great example of a kid who's really scuffled so far, but even he has an OPS nearing 700. A good game or two (at this point of the season) really helps the bottom line. He's in a lineup where it's really hard to focus on he alone. Especially if McGarry stays there for a bit. (I'm on the Hopkins to AAA, McGarry to Chattanooga train right now, with McLain a possible bump to AAA as well, if only because I'd like to watch quite a few of his games.)
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 05-05-2022 at 07:31 AM.

9. Likes:

JCM11 (05-05-2022),Tom Servo (05-05-2022)

All of the experts leaving McLain out of their top-100 lists are beginning to look silly. He may jump into some top-50 lists by mid-season.

11. Likes:

M2 (05-05-2022)

Baseball America just moved him into their top 100 at 99.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

13. Likes:

Mitri (05-05-2022)

Luis Castillo was around 92-94mph. His changeup was so spot on he could've thrown it every pitch. Once Castillo has you guessing changeup fastball he's got you. His final batter he got him to hit a dribbler to 2nd base. He was pulled at 76 pitches. He's ready.

Michael Siani's HR was a 3-2 FB he drilled half way up the RF foul pole. Mammouth shot.

Matt McLain's 1st HR was a line drive lasar to left center.

Robbie Tenerowicz smashed a double down the line in right and Gilliam nearly took the pitcher's head off to drive in Tenerowicz. Gilliam also robbed a batter of a HR with a leaping catch in RF. Good athlete

Brandon Williamson out of the the three starts I've seen from him this is the best I've seen him pitch. Threw a good FB and his breaking ball was on point.

Lookout 7th McAfee bloop single. Yang bloop single. Siani's A plus bunt beats it out loads things up. Hopkins HBP run scored. McLain golfs one dead center grand salami.

Boyle FB was at 96-99 with good command. His breaking ball was off some. Gave up a double to left the best contact I've seen so far this year. Looks like he may be mixing in a slider. By the 4th he was laying that looping curve in for strikes. Pitch count was at 83 after 4.

Mat Nelson gunned down another runner at 2nd. His double went high of the wall in right center.

Rece Hinds HR was a blast to left center he got all of it. EV 111mph. His 2nd homer was a oppo bolt that landed in the intersection that stopped traffic as fans were chasing the ball down the street. Be careful.

Bryce Bonnin was at a easy 95-98 hit a batter in the head (batting helmet) first inning. After that he settled down and threw well. K'ed first 8 batters. Threw mostly heaters one batter caught up to his FB for a dinger. Has a tight curve that he struggled with. Ended with 70 pitches.

Torres played SS second game. De La Cruz 3b. Pitching staff so dominate these guys just have the best seats in the house. Hinds tried to score from second on a wild pitch catcher recovered and threw to pitcher who blocked plate and tagged out Hinds. Hinds got upset with tag and went after the pitcher got tossed probably will get suspended.
    Last edited by icehole3; 05-05-2022 at 01:28 PM.

15. Likes:

mth123 (05-05-2022)

Turn Off Ads?