Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Why is anyone still watching?

Re: Why is anyone still watching?

I’m a pretty regular fan but I gave up watching about 3-4 weeks ago. About when football started.

I still check in 9-9:30 pm to see if the end of the game is worth watching. Which it usually isn’t. So I surf on past the game. I may check RZ and the game thread but the audience there has whittled down to a very hardy few. My hats off to you guys.

I went to only one game this year and the Reds got their asses kicked. The talent deficit is very plain when playing a team that is actually trying. I know some RZers get a kick out of tracking the farm system and younger guys and I tip my cap to you too. I like to have an idea of who are the up and comers are. But I want to watch quality MLB baseball, not track AA players. Evidently that is too much to ask.

I feel like the old guy shaking his fist at the clouds. Sigh.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-04-2022),REDREAD (10-05-2022),Redsfaithful (10-04-2022),Revering4Blue (10-04-2022),texasdave (10-04-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I’m a pretty regular fan but I gave up watching about 3-4 weeks ago. About when football started.

I still check in 9-9:30 pm to see if the end of the game is worth watching. Which it usually isn’t. So I surf on past the game. I may check RZ and the game thread but the audience there has whittled down to a very hardy few. My hats off to you guys.

I went to only one game this year and the Reds got their asses kicked. The talent deficit is very plain when playing a team that is actually trying. I know some RZers get a kick out of tracking the farm system and younger guys and I tip my cap to you too. I like to have an idea of who are the up and comers are. But I want to watch quality MLB baseball, not track AA players. Evidently that is too much to ask.

I feel like the old guy shaking his fist at the clouds. Sigh.
    I still have been watching some when Lodolo/Greene start, but little else.

My disdain for ownership is rabid. However, I will follow the team and root for wins until the last inning of game 162 . Where else do I go? These players have tried their best to win every time out this season. Management dug them a hole before the season started.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 10-04-2022 at 06:21 PM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-04-2022),Roy Tucker (10-04-2022)

Baseball means warmth Joeyjection19's Avatar

I'm watching because my dad is in hospice and going to the Riverfront was one of my favorite memories together. He can't communicate anymore but I wouldn't trade watching a game with him at his bedside for anything. I'm sad that we won't be able to share fonder memories of this team and I don't begrudge anyone who has completely checked out. I was seemingly done with them until two weeks ago, too.

8. Likes:

corkedbat (10-04-2022),cumberlandreds (10-04-2022),Old school 1983 (10-04-2022),Redsfaithful (10-04-2022),Revering4Blue (10-04-2022),Ron Madden (10-04-2022),Roy Tucker (10-04-2022),westofyou (10-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjection19 View Post
    I'm watching because my dad is in hospice and going to the Riverfront was one of my favorite memories together. He can't communicate anymore but I wouldn't trade watching a game with him at his bedside for anything. I'm sad that we won't be able to share fonder memories of this team and I don't begrudge anyone who has completely checked out. I was seemingly done with them until two weeks ago, too.
    Sorry to hear that about your dad. Me and my grandad shared a lot of Reds' memories together. Got my first taste of beer when he doused me with his PBR when the Red won the '72 pennant. Those memories are priceless. I totally understand your sentiments and why you want to watch these last games. Hope you and your dad get a couple of more wins to share.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

10. Likes:

Joeyjection19 (10-04-2022),Revering4Blue (10-04-2022),Ron Madden (10-04-2022),Roy Tucker (10-04-2022)

Since I don’t have Spectrum, I’ve only been able to watch the Field of Dreams game and a couple other nationally televised games. Only went to one game at the stadium. Least amount of games I’ve seen in a season ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

12. Likes:

KYExtemper (10-04-2022)

...to enjoy the moments when humans overcome adversity and rise above expectations.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

14. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-04-2022)

I live out of market. waaay out. I've watched close to 100 games I'd guess. If you haven't been watching, you've missed some spectacular pitching by Greene. Too bad.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-04-2022),Ron Madden (10-04-2022)

.....I have not watched the reds for a single inning all year long. When I've been in an establishment where they are on in the background I ask the servers to change the channel. I've scoreboard watched in the hope that they manage to lose 100 games. I've seen some of Votto's videos. I spend some time here at Redszone. I've been to several minor league games. I've not set foot in the park since pre-covid times.

I'm a little unhappy with the front office.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

18. Likes:

KYExtemper (10-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Since I don’t have Spectrum, I’ve only been able to watch the Field of Dreams game and a couple other nationally televised games. Only went to one game at the stadium. Least amount of games I’ve seen in a season ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Major League Baseball needs to do something about this. The Sinclair folks have ticked off so many non-cable providers that they can't get the regional sports networks on YouTube TV and other places so, like you, I barely watched any Reds games this year.

Did watch a lot of A's, Royals, and Yankees games, though.

20. Likes:

savafan (10-04-2022)

A day with bad Reds baseball is sooooo much better than a day without Reds baseball.

And we’re about to have a whole lot of the latter.

22. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-04-2022),Roy Tucker (10-04-2022),westofyou (10-04-2022)

Why is anyone still watching?

Quote Originally Posted by KYExtemper View Post
    Major League Baseball needs to do something about this. The Sinclair folks have ticked off so many non-cable providers that they can't get the regional sports networks on YouTube TV and other places so, like you, I barely watched any Reds games this year.

Did watch a lot of A's, Royals, and Yankees games, though.
    MLB chasing $$$ over stability with broadcasting is a hallmark of MLBs history and not one that is admirable

24. Likes:

KYExtemper (10-09-2022),Revering4Blue (10-04-2022),Ron Madden (10-04-2022),savafan (10-04-2022)

Turn Off Ads?