Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why is anyone still watching?

Re: Why is anyone still watching?

I had been watching until they were down by 2 runs. So, not watching much at all.

I have the MLB package free through T-Mobile. Lately, I have been watching other teams play. Every so often I flip back to the Reds.

Last night I did so, saw Moran playing first base, and the score was 13-3. He just had this blank look on his face. Like, he has to know that any team he is on is going to be terrible, because he is terrible.

What's the old Groucho Marx quote? "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member." Half of the Reds roster are guys just like that. Absolutely no business being on an MLB roster, much less in the starting lineup.

The 1962 Mets look like the 1927 Yankees compared to this bunch. I have never seen a professional club this outmatched. Not even in old footage.

Shame on Reds ownership.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Likes:

REDREAD (05-05-2022),Ron Gant (05-05-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I watch because it's baseball. If someone else is on, i watch them instead. Also, morbid curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Bally sports package is apparently coming out at $19.99 a month. I wouldn't pay $1 a month right now to see them. I really hate that it's gotten to this point. I used to love sitting down and watching a few innings at the end of the nigh.
    Dang, that's a lot. I just cancelled my Spectrum sports bundle, and it's only $5 a month. But I'll probably have to add it back in August, since The NFL Network is part of it.

Why does anyone care why I'm watching? Why are you posting and taking any time with it?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

7. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-05-2022),Revering4Blue (05-06-2022),Ron Madden (05-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    For the same reason I watch Troll 2, Plan 9 from outer space, and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Hot take: Plan 9 from outer space is a fun movie, and nowhere near the worst movie of all time.

9. Likes:

Red Raindog (05-05-2022),Revering4Blue (05-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    Hot take: Plan 9 from outer space is a fun movie, and nowhere near the worst movie of all time.
    Plan 9 makes me laugh every time I watch it, which I do about once every two years when I bring up the movie 'Ed Wood' during conversation.

'The Room' on the other hand.... Oye Vay.

11. Likes:

LeatherPants (05-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Why does anyone care why I'm watching? Why are you posting and taking any time with it?
    Guy is a troll. I think he has some weird hatred for the Indians/Guardians. Only posts when the Reds are playing them. Then losses his mind when they lose to them. Acts like the only thing that should matter to Reds fans is beating Cleveland.

13. Likes:

mth123 (05-05-2022),Ron Madden (05-05-2022)

Any movie that can make you laugh or give you any kind of enjoyment just can't be named the "worst"

Movies that are truly unwatchable, that offer the viewer nothing that can be defined as enjoyable, those are candidates for the worst movie of all time.

One of my favorite laughable and enjoyable bad movies is Suburban Sasquatch.

I had to laugh when I saw this on MLB trade rumors showing the mvp of each team after the first month:

Reds: RHP Alexis Diaz
    11 2/3 IP, 0.77 ERA
    Yeah, finding Reds who are thriving right now is … difficult.

I'm all in on the Ronnie Dawson era

17. Likes:

VR (05-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    I check the box score daily to see who's hitting and who's still not hitting. To see who's pitching well. And to count how high the losses are mounting up.

Not watching. I feel sorry for Cowboy and Thrall though. They have to watch and sound interested/excited, it's their job. On the other hand, pretty good job to have - just not as fun as it could be.
    This is exactly me. Have t turned a game on since Hunter’s first start.

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    I gave up watching after seeing this team get obliterated by Cleveland at home. If you can't compete against my most hated team then you don't deserve my attention. I also could see how horrific they are and the Castellini's don't seem to care either. So why are any of you watching? I never felt better abandoning ship a few games into a season, much more free time and much less stress as well.
    Where else are we going to go?
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

20. Likes:

Red Raindog (05-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Five starters today were either in ML ball or FA's when ST ended.

That's crazy stuff, just an amazing alignment of everything that could go wrong has. It's really legendary and interesting in its own way. It sure draws the trolls out. Like flies on poop

22. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post

This is what the Castellini’s have told us before the season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29404796-DEF9-4E40-B36D-D579851DEACC.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	18280

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    Plan 9 makes me laugh every time I watch it, which I do about once every two years when I bring up the movie 'Ed Wood' during conversation.

'The Room' on the other hand.... Oye Vay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	78C4294D-E4C6-4378-9487-1E64073F7477.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	18281

25. Likes:

Big Klu (05-05-2022),BoxingRed (05-05-2022)

Turn Off Ads?