Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-7-22 Reds vs Pirates 12:35 PM Game 1

Re: 5-7-22 Reds vs Pirates 12:35 PM

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I wish I felt good about a 2-run lead in the first.
    3 straight games with a crooked number in the first inning, but no wins yet. Maybe 3rd time is the charm!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Another 1-2-3 inning for Overton

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Both are fine players. But if I had to pick one. I would pick Tyler over India as to who ends up with the better career. Highly doubt Tyler will be catching much longer. 1b/DH in his future. But I still like him as the better long term player over India. I just think he is the better hitter and power will come.
    You’re probably right. But in the moment, Tyler seems immune to the announcer jinx.

5. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-07-2022)

Farmer may have turned back into a pumpkin.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Overton might wind up as the Reds all-star Rep. Stranger things have happened. Nice feel good story if he can keep it up. Long shot to do it but not impossible for him to make 30 starts with a E.R.A. around 4.00

If Ty Steve can catch a break on health - he should be this team’s all-star rep.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Not sure why anyone would rush Ty Steve out from behind the dish - really good arm back there.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Farmer may have turned back into a pumpkin.
    Except for a month or so last year he has always been. Hopefully they do the right thing and trade Farmer. He would be a decent bench piece for a contender with his ability to play multiple positions. I wanna see what a healthy Barrero can do at SS full time.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    If Ty Steve can catch a break on health - he should be this team’s all-star rep.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Not sure why anyone would rush Ty Steve out from behind the dish - really good arm back there.
    But if he continues to hit like we all think he will. The wear and tear of catching. I think they said he has already had 3 concussions. No doubt he should be moved the minute Votto leaves. It would be great to have him putting up big numbers at catcher. But I'd rather he be healthy playing 150 games a season at 1b vs. 120 at catcher.
    I wouldn't be against him catching a couple games a week then playing 1b the rest.
    Last edited by KeefeCato; 05-07-2022 at 01:19 PM.

Games doubles in a run. 2-1 Reds

Not a surprise but Aquino cleared waivers and was sent to Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Not a surprise but Aquino cleared waivers and was sent to Louisville
    He would be better off having the Reds sell him to Japan. He could hit 40 a year there. I am half way surprised some team didn't claim him. Figured some hitting coach out there might be able to do some tweaking with him and make him serviceable. Power is sought after and he has loads when he gets lucky and connects.
    Last edited by KeefeCato; 05-07-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Reynolds just barely missed that one...

On a sidenote... My, how good was Glen Campbell !

Baseball means warmth Joeyjection19's Avatar

I am also blaming the Castellinis for the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Except for a month or so last year he has always been. Hopefully they do the right thing and trade Farmer. He would be a decent bench piece for a contender with his ability to play multiple positions. I wanna see what a healthy Barrero can do at SS full time.
    I'd be fine keeping Farmer on a reasonable deal as Barrero. McLain insurance and as a bench piece. He's getting the Garrett treatment this year. Being overexposed in a role he doesn't have the talent for. Use him against LHP and as an insuracen policy for multiple positions, Trading him isn't going to bring anything back and they'll need a guy just like him next year anyway. It will likely cost more to replace him than any value they get for him. JUst accept that he is what he is, pay him for it and be glad they have a decent fundamentally sound vet on the bench to ease the transition.

The problem on this team isn't that the players are so awful that they can't fill roles on a decent team. The problem is they can't really fill the roles they are filling.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

3 Ks for Overton

Turn Off Ads?