Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Drury

Re: Brandon Drury

Drury's been a great pick up, but I wouldn't sign him to any kind of long term deal. If he keeps this up, I'd be more inclined to see if anyone offers something for him at the trade deadline.

I wonder how many OF spots he can cover.

2. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-10-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

He's the 2022 version of Scooter Dietrich.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-10-2022),757690 (05-12-2022),Revering4Blue (05-11-2022),wlf WV (05-10-2022)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    He's the 2022 version of Scooter Dietrich.
    Yeah, but you know you've been missing him.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

I'd go 8 million for 2 years. Gives McLain a year to develop.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

8. Likes:

mth123 (05-10-2022)

Haunted by walks

It seems to me the plan is to bring in a bunch of these guys every year, enjoy whichever one has a breakout year, then let then let them go before the expensive multi-year contract.

10. Likes:

bm1475 (05-10-2022),Ron Madden (05-12-2022)

He could be this season's Jose Guillen who gets flipped for the next Aaron Harang.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I'd go 8 million for 2 years. Gives McLain a year to develop.
    Because of what he’s done in 89 PAs?? Agents would love you as a decision maker, that’s for sure.

I’m liking Drury but let’s see where he’s at in July, where his best value might be as a trade chip. I don’t see him as part of any Reds long term solution but even if he is around beyond 2022 I doubt he’s looking at multi years and multi millions.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-10-2022)

Reds fans always fall in love with these guys.
    Go Gators!

15. Likes:

bm1475 (05-10-2022),HokieRed (05-10-2022),JCM11 (05-10-2022),Ron Madden (05-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Because of what he’s done in 89 PAs?? Agents would love you as a decision maker, that’s for sure.

I’m liking Drury but let’s see where he’s at in July, where his best value might be as a trade chip. I don’t see him as part of any Reds long term solution but even if he is around beyond 2022 I doubt he’s looking at multi years and multi millions.
    Perhaps the plus for Drury is after 7 years he had a strong limited stint for the Mets in 2021 and is continuing on with that. These last 75 games make him look like a .820 OPS guy. If he is still around that mark in July, you would think somebody would make a decent offer for him to the Reds. If nothing decent comes in, then probably a cheap 1-year deal would be enough to keep him around.

This thread is cracking me up. Maybe while we're at it we can give Hoffman a 5 year deal for not stinking over his first 10 appearances. Then we should sit down with Connor Overton's agent(assuming he has one) to work on buying out his arb years. Also if Moran hits one more HR he's getting Moose money.

18. Likes:

HokieRed (05-10-2022),Mitri (05-10-2022),wlf WV (05-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

They're paying a 34-year-old Solano 4.5 million. Drury is 29 and OPSed 0.783 last year. Plus, he has somehow avoided the IL that practically every other Red has succumbed to. 8 million for 2 years is too rich for your blood?

Look, if they can sign him for less, great. My point is that I think they should be talking to him now, before he's taken full advantage of the joke of a park and has increased his leverage.
    Last edited by malcontent; 05-10-2022 at 02:50 PM.

They're paying a 34-year-old Solano 4.5 million. Drury is 29 and OPSed 0.783 last year. Plus, he has somehow avoided the IL that practically every other Red has succumbed to. 8 million for 2 years is too rich for your blood?
    Solano got paid because he was a free agent who slashed .308/.354/.435 over 236 games, 775 PAs, over 3 seasons. I know we're all supposed to dislike him and think he's a loathsome piece of crap because he hurt his hamstring running hard though.

Drury's "last year" was one less PA than he's had this year, 88. So yes handing this guy who flamed out as a regular 8 million because of some small sample success is too rich for my blood. I'd be perfectly happy to keep the guy around if he keeps hitting, but nobody in their right mind is extending him right now. Though for a guy who generally dislikes everything about the Reds you sure fall in love fast with a lot of these randos.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

21. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-10-2022),westofyou (05-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Reds fans always fall in love with these guys.
    Real lunch pail types

23. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-10-2022),westofyou (05-10-2022)

I like Drury. but I think you can find a lot of players who can do what he does. I think letting this play out longer and seeing if this is a new improved Drury is reasonable. Of course, if he is new and improved, then the Reds have to see what offers may be made for him before committing to offering him a deal.

Look, if they can sign him for less, great. My point is that I think they should be talking to him now, before he's taken full advantage of the joke of a park and has increased his leverage.
    You're missing the point. He hasn't even had 100 plate appearances yet. Let's see where he is come season's end before thinking about extending him.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

26. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-10-2022),Ron Madden (05-12-2022),SomeCallMeTim (05-12-2022),Wayne Krivsky (05-10-2022)

Turn Off Ads?