Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andrew Abbott

Re: Andrew Abbott

Abbott kind of reminds me of a more refined Travis Wood

Believe it or not, I mean that as a compliment.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

JCM11 (05-18-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Abbott kind of reminds me of a more refined Travis Wood

Believe it or not, I mean that as a compliment.
    I could totally see that comp.

Nice one.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Baseball America updated its Reds' top 30 prospect list. LHP Andrew Abbott (No. 9), SS Ricardo Cabrera (No. 10) and RHP Connor Phillips (No. 14) are some additions to the top 15.

6. Likes:

757690 (05-18-2022),HokieRed (05-19-2022),icehole3 (05-18-2022),Mitri (05-19-2022),mth123 (05-18-2022),Old school 1983 (05-18-2022),UKFlounder (05-18-2022)

MILB.COM article about Andrew Abbott. https://www.milb.com/news/prospect-q...-andrew-abbott

8. Likes:

JFLegal (05-21-2022),malcontent (05-20-2022)

Here is an article about the prospect in each system with the best secondary pitch. https://www.mlb.com/news/prospects-w...eline-coverage

Reds: Andrew Abbott, LHP (No. 12), curveball
    A 2021 second-rounder out of Virginia, Abbott is throwing like a Top-100-caliber prospect to start his first full season, and the curveball has a lot to do with it. The 22-year-old southpaw can manipulate his breaking ball as needed, making it more vertical or slurvy depending on the situation, and it plays especially well when paired with his elevated fastball. Abbott has fanned 53 batters over 36 2/3 innings between High-A and Double-A, and his 37.9 percent K rate ranks 14th among 275 Minor League qualifiers.
    IMO, secondary pitches are what separate the men from the boys as far as rotation candidates go. The next question: how often is this bewildered minor leaguers chasing vs. him actually being able to get it over the plate? Guys who get it over the plate are starters. Guys who rely solely on chasing are better in the bullpen IMO.

I'm anxious to see where guys like Abbott, Williamson, Ashcraft, Boyle and Phillips rank when the prospect lists are revised later in the year, my guess, from what I've read, is that Abbott will emerge is the best of the bunch.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

When the prospect lists come out, keep in mind that Andrew Abbott is almost a full two years older than Connor Phillips.

11. Likes:

camisadelgolf (05-29-2022)

Turn Off Ads?