Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ranking Cincinnati Chili Parlors

Re: Ranking Cincinnati Chili Parlors

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    That’s about how far from it we are too.

Parking lot is still always full whenever we drive by. If we get there 7-ish we can almost always get a table though. They have plans for making their temp Covid outdoor seating into permanent seating. Longtime rumor is the kitchen there got it’s start to service a big card game.
    Yeah, that tent for outdoor seating is big and helps a lot. That’s a pretty cool crazy story. I didn’t know that. I do remember how small it was way back in the day. We used to go to church at Good Shepard and we passed Silver Springhouse the way. I’ll be back in October and look forward to visiting it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Likes:

Roy Tucker (07-25-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Now for a nightcap at "Millions"
    I used to live over that way when I first moved back after college. Zips was awesome, we used to be able to walk down Delta to eat.

A couple of weeks ago we had dinner downtown with a couple of our old roommates who have since moved up to Dayton and they mentioned a night cap at Millions. You couldn't pay me to go there anymore. I always thought it was a great bar to go imbibe at, but if you were sober it would be terrible.

There used to be a bar around the corner on Linwood, Muzzes? or something like that. That was a nice dive bar to have a few drinks at.

5. Likes:

westofyou (07-25-2022)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I used to live over that way when I first moved back after college. Zips was awesome, we used to be able to walk down Delta to eat.

A couple of weeks ago we had dinner downtown with a couple of our old roommates who have since moved up to Dayton and they mentioned a night cap at Millions. You couldn't pay me to go there anymore. I always thought it was a great bar to go imbibe at, but if you were sober it would be terrible.

There used to be a bar around the corner on Linwood, Muzzes? or something like that. That was a nice dive bar to have a few drinks at.
    I grabbed a bite at Mount Lookout Tavern a few weeks ago with JC McCoy, an old Q102 DJ and a friend.

It was great catching up, food was pretty good, for bar food. Played some trivia. Good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Honestly IMO Skyline is far and away the best chili in the city. I know the neighborhood spots get a lot of love, but Skyline *is* Cincinnati chili to me. My ranks would be something like…

1. Skyline
    2. Gold Star
    3. Dixie
    4. OTR Chili (before closing RIP)
    5. Blue Ash
    6. Camp Washington
    7. Price Hill
    8. Pleasant Ridge

There are some others I’ve never had like Chili Time and I haven’t had Empress since I was a kid, so they’re not ranked for me yet. I’m trying to find a full map of everywhere that has their own chili, some places are pretty under the radar.
    Chili Time has gone out of business, so it might be some time till you get an opportunity to try their recipe, if ever.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Tried Blue Ash chili: loved it. What an expansive menu and desserts, too- so impressed.

The chili seemed maybe more sweet than the others? Is that what I taste? Anyway- absolute pleasure. Took the kids there last night. Had no idea it was that close to Kenwood.

Turn Off Ads?