Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ranking Cincinnati Chili Parlors

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Ranking Cincinnati Chili Parlors

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    You know who has great chili? Zip’s. It’s hard not to order a double cheeseburger when you go to that iconic burger joint, but sometime try to order just a single patty with a side of chili. Or, go big with a double and chili. It’s not a “Cincinnati” Skyline-type chili, it’s more traditional, but it’s pretty darn good. I love Zip’s and make it priority to visit there every time I go back to Cincinnati.
    We had Zip's tonight, first time.

Double cheeseburger with chili cheese fries.

Amazing. Took me two minutes to drive there. Could not be happier with where we live.

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-20-2022),Boss-Hog (07-20-2022),goreds2 (07-21-2022),Redhook (07-20-2022),Revering4Blue (07-20-2022),Roy Tucker (07-22-2022),Sea Ray (07-22-2022),westofyou (07-20-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    We had Zip's tonight, first time.

Double cheeseburger with chili cheese fries.

Amazing. Took me two minutes to drive there. Could not be happier with where we live.
    Wow, coming in hot with that order! Awesome to hear. Zip’s is so good and so cozy. You’re in a great spot with Mt. Lookout, Hyde Park, Oakley, etc. right there.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

5. Likes:

Dom Heffner (07-21-2022)

Wow, coming in hot with that order! Awesome to hear. Zip’s is so good and so cozy. You’re in a great spot with Mt. Lookout, Hyde Park, Oakley, etc. right there.
    Now for a nightcap at "Millions"

7. Likes:

Dom Heffner (07-21-2022)

I asked the waitress- "How heavy are the chili cheese fries?"

She paused.

"They're chili cheese fries."

I was holding out hope....but got them anyway.

That burger- to die for. Thank you, whoever recommended that place. Being this close to Zips and Graeter's is going to be a major problem.

What I did like- their fries had game. You get a lot of these burger joints where the burger is good but the fries lag....these were top notch- size was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Now for a nightcap at "Millions"
    Appreciate the recommendation.

This has been such a weird experience- moving back home is always a tricky proposition. I wasn't sure what to expect. Being gone 30 years- I mean, that is not walking back into the life I had. Which I had to deal with a little bit mentally for the first few weeks.

But now, I am cruising- just so happy to be back here and the recommendations have been great. I said this before- Ive never lived in an area where I was close to things that are awesome- walking, quick drives, etc. It's a little overwhelming, I wasnt expecting it to be this awesome. Ill stop ranting.

Next up is Blue Ash Chili.

Appreciate the recommendation.

This has been such a weird experience- moving back home is always a tricky proposition. I wasn't sure what to expect. Being gone 30 years- I mean, that is not walking back into the life I had. Which I had to deal with a little bit mentally for the first few weeks.

But now, I am cruising- just so happy to be back here and the recommendations have been great. I said this before- Ive never lived in an area where I was close to things that are awesome- walking, quick drives, etc. It's a little overwhelming, I wasnt expecting it to be this awesome. Ill stop ranting.

Next up is Blue Ash Chili.
    Get the double decker sandwich. I recommend the beef and ham.

11. Likes:

moewan (07-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Well that will be up my wife's alley, especially since she doesn't always like the chili. Im game too- looking at the menu, that is quite a selection.

Thank you.

This is a horrible thread to read through when you're hungry, and you live 120 miles away. :P

14. Likes:

Dom Heffner (07-22-2022),Redhook (07-23-2022),Revering4Blue (07-23-2022)

Well that will be up my wife's alley, especially since she doesn't always like the chili. Im game too- looking at the menu, that is quite a selection.

Thank you.
    A bit north of you, but The Silver Spring House in Symmes Twp has a darn fine club sandwich.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    A bit north of you, but The Silver Spring House in Symmes Twp has a darn fine club sandwich.
    hey ill drive for food.

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-28-2022),Revering4Blue (07-23-2022)

Glad this popped around again. Had a chance to finally try Cafe Mochiko’s Cincinnati chili ramen. They don’t do it very often so keep an eye on their social media. It’s good. A bit weird and the soupy-ness of the chili and broth might be a turnoff but the flavors were 100%. And speaking of burgers, you might not expect a ramen place to have a world-class burger, but Cafe Mochiko does.

Morning pastries are crazy good too but get there early or the good stuff will be long gone.

https://www.cafemochiko.com/menus
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-25-2022),Dom Heffner (07-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If it's still like I remember, their sandwiches are as big as your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    That was our spot. We lived about 2 miles from there and had most of our date nights there. Great food, atmosphere and people. The only negative is it’s packed 24/7.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    If it's still like I remember, their sandwiches are as big as your head.
    Indeed. You can't have TMJ problems and get your mouth around those things. I consider it kinda guy food but maybe Mrs Dom is OK with that

23. Likes:

Dom Heffner (07-25-2022),moewan (07-24-2022)

That was our spot. We lived about 2 miles from there and had most of our date nights there. Great food, atmosphere and people. The only negative is it’s packed 24/7.
    That’s about how far from it we are too.

Parking lot is still always full whenever we drive by. If we get there 7-ish we can almost always get a table though. They have plans for making their temp Covid outdoor seating into permanent seating. Longtime rumor is the kitchen there got it’s start to service a big card game.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?