Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Screw ESPN and their excitement over Reds losses

Screw ESPN and their excitement over Reds losses

I'm not going to pay ESPN for any kind of insider access, but at first glance it looks like they're hyped to see how many losses we rack up. I hope the team sees that article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Screw ESPN and their excitement over Reds losses

ESPN is still a thing?

I didn't see the article, but if ESPN is mocking the Reds ownership/front office, it's a good thing.
    Our only hope now is that the Castallenis will be shamed/embarrassed enough to stop this nonsense.
    The more the national media piles on them and makes fun of the Reds, the better.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

5. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (05-16-2022),Bob Sheed (05-12-2022),BoxingRed (05-13-2022),dubc47834 (05-15-2022),Falls City Beer (05-13-2022),HammerTime (05-13-2022),KeefeCato (05-12-2022),M2 (05-13-2022),Redhook (05-13-2022),Redsfaithful (05-13-2022)

They can't criticize our team. Only we can criticize our team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

7. Likes:

GAC (05-15-2022),Jim (05-12-2022),KeefeCato (05-12-2022),Old school 1983 (05-12-2022),RedsBaron (05-15-2022)

All publicity is good publicity.
    Go Gators!

9. Likes:

REDREAD (05-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    ESPN is still a thing?
    At one point, ESPN was Disney’s biggest money maker. Now they are hoping someone takes it off their hands.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

11. Likes:

bm1475 (05-12-2022),Sassy Sal (05-15-2022),UKWhoDey (05-15-2022)

Anytime this current ownership gets bashed by any media outlet is a good thing. Doubt it changes anything though.
    Now if they are bashing the players that's another story.
    Only us Reds fans are allowed to do that.
    Kind of like you're brother. It's okay for you to pick on him. But anyone else outside the family had better not.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (05-12-2022)

Meanwhile in Seattle

https://theathletic.com/3306968/2022...snt-feel-good/

The comments...

Same things we’ve seen for 20 years. So incredibly frustrating to be a fan of this team. Lookout Landing had a great article today about the lack of fan engagement by the overall Org, and I gotta say I agree with it. I truly wonder if the FO and ownership want to win bad enough to do everything it absolutely takes, including opening up wallets.
    One can say “it’s early” and blah blah blah but Houston is back to being Houston and the Angels are 100% for real. If the M’s stay on their skid through this 10-game road trip the 2022 season is all but over.

For the M’s making the playoffs, that is. There will still be animated hydro racing, chintzy giveaways and replays of the ‘95 Slide at T Mobile until the end of September. Lord knows that’s been enough for most Mariners fans.
    Winker has just not shown that he is a major league hitter. I don’t care what he did last yin Cincinnati. Calling it “bad luck” is going easy on him.
    It's particularly disappointing because the expectations were high at the start of the season that the Ms would contend for a playoff spot and even win the AL WEST. This team is none of that so far.

i mean, they are right that winker does look like he sucks this year. it's very early, but man does he look bad.

I wonder if Seattle would be interested in trading Jesse back? I'd give them back all 4 guys they traded away and pay for the airfare, too.

17. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-12-2022),Falls City Beer (05-13-2022),M2 (05-13-2022),NC Reds (05-12-2022),Revering4Blue (05-13-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    i mean, they are right that winker does look like he sucks this year. it's very early, but man does he look bad.
    Point being that MLB fans don't go to sites like ESPN to wallow in how bad the Reds are.

They are navel gazing themselves, they wonder why they suck, make fun of the stadium promotions and lament about 20 years of this, 10 years of that.

So let ESPN shoot arrows at the Reds, easy mark right now, low hanging fruit for the casual fan.

19. Likes:

Chip R (05-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    I'm not going to pay ESPN for any kind of insider access, but at first glance it looks like they're hyped to see how many losses we rack up. I hope the team sees that article.
    WHAT??? They mentioned BASEBALL????

People said they wanted the team to get attention. So it's getting attention.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

22. Likes:

Chip R (05-16-2022),REDREAD (05-13-2022),Revering4Blue (05-13-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I wonder if Seattle would be interested in trading Jesse back? I'd give them back all 4 guys they traded away and pay for the airfare, too.
    I do not know if I agree with this. First off: Winker has been abysmal this year and he only has 1 more year left after this season on his contract. So, the reds would be giving up 4 pieces for a player who is having a horrendous year already in what is a lost season for the Reds? So, basically, the Reds would be giving up 4 pieces, who may or may not turn in to anything for 1 year of Jesse Winker in a likely lost season next year? I dunno. Winker wouldn't make or break the reds this year or next.

Quite frankly: this last offseason was the time to trade Winker from a baseball perspective, the issue is Krall is absolutely incompetent at his job.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 05-13-2022 at 02:56 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I do not know if I agree with this. First off: Winker has been abysmal this year and he only has 1 more year left after this season on his contract. So, the reds would be giving up 4 pieces for a player who is having a horrendous year already in what is a lost season for the Reds? So, basically, the Reds would be giving up 4 pieces, who may or may not turn in to anything for 1 year of Jesse Winker in a likely lost season next year? I dunno. Winker wouldn't make or break the reds this year or next.

Quite frankly: this last offseason was the time to trade Winker from a baseball perspective, the issue is Krall is absolutely incompetent at his job.
    I'd do it in a split second. The Reds are in the NL Central and they play in GAB. He'd bounce right back.

25. Likes:

REDREAD (05-13-2022)

Turn Off Ads?