Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help deactivating account.

Re: Need help deactivating account.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    I don't think the issue here is breaks. It's that if you don't say exactly what others, who have been here a long time, want to hear at the right time, you are just treated as if you don't exist. Or if they don't like you they'll just try and run you off. One of them asked me why I had "PLEASE REMOVE MY ACCOUNT" in my signature. They've never said a kind word to me or discussed the game with me. Just wanted, ya know, to create an issue about it in a game thread. The other person, long time member here, attempted to poo poo on me in the forum with a nasty and snarky message at my expense, and when I called him out on it there was no apology, nothing.
    I asked you a while back why you had please delete my account. But I have liked several of your posts and discussed the game with you in game threads before. Maybe others besides me asked same question? I don't know. I was just curious why you had that. Nothing else.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm glad you are still posting.

Be glad you didn't have to deal with the Redszone 10. Now they were a handful.

Also, and I'm not entirely certain, but I may have been a member. or not. its confusing?

4. Likes:

OldFashionedRed (07-26-2023),Revering4Blue (07-25-2023),Tommyjohn25 (08-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I asked you a while back why you had please delete my account. But I have liked several of your posts and discussed the game with you in game threads before. Maybe others besides me asked same question? I don't know. I was just curious why you had that. Nothing else.
    Honestly, you're the only person who asked me that.

Was it you who said the other night that you were done posting in game threads because you felt it you said what you wanted to say regarding fellow members here that you would be banned? If that wasn't you, my sincere apologies. I like you Keefe. We're all Reds fans. Some more knowledgeable (a lot) than others. I fall under the camp of fans who like the old statistics and the human / managerial side of the game.
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Honestly, you're the only person who asked me that.

Was it you who said the other night that you were done posting in game threads because you felt it you said what you wanted to say regarding fellow members here that you would be banned? If that wasn't you, my sincere apologies. I like you Keefe. We're all Reds fans. Some more knowledgeable (a lot) than others. I fall under the camp of fans who like the old statistics and the human / managerial side of the game.
    I too am more a fan of less statistics in baseball. While I acknowledge it’s probably part of how baseball works today it over complicates things imo. More often than not I don’t have much to add on the baseball discussions here.

I imagine the Reds appeal to many different people with many different personalities. But yeah I get the cliche thing. Especially when you can’t see what goes on on the other side of the internet so to speak

It's just that I don't feel a part of the community here.
    How about now? I'm asking with all snark set aside. We don't see eye to eye on, well, anything I guess, but discussion about the reds is discussion about the reds. I hope you are acclimating.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I don't think the issue here is breaks. It's that if you don't say exactly what others, who have been here a long time, want to hear at the right time, you are just treated as if you don't exist. Or if they don't like you they'll just try and run you off. One of them asked me why I had "PLEASE REMOVE MY ACCOUNT" in my signature. They've never said a kind word to me or discussed the game with me. Just wanted, ya know, to create an issue about it in a game thread. The other person, long time member here, attempted to poo poo on me in the forum with a nasty and snarky message at my expense, and when I called him out on it there was no apology, nothing.
    I know exactly what your saying because as a new guy who is posting on here, the treatment I often get is just as you describe and it's almost always from the long time members. I think some of them do it to purposely push our buttons, so we will leave. Often calling us names or belittling our opinions because they don't line up with theirs. Their have been instances where I dished out what they were giving and maybe that was the wrong approach, but I don't allow that type behavior to my face and I'm not going to allow it on a public forum either. I'm certainly not wanting any sympathy or validation from anyone, I am just pointing out what you said is absolutely the truth. I'm sure this will make several of them dislike me even more, but frankly I don't care, because like my current signature says " sugar coating is not in my nature". I know there are some very good people on here, but if this is how it is, I probably won't last long on here and I'm sure some of the long time members will be happy about that. I came here because I love my Cincinnati Reds, not to have rude nasty debates. Go Reds!
    Last edited by LiferJim; 09-08-2023 at 08:55 AM.
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans... John Lennon

9. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (09-09-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by LiferJim View Post
    I know exactly what your saying because as a new guy who is posting on here, the treatment I often get is just as you describe and it's almost always from the long time members. I think some of them do it to purposely push our buttons, so we will leave. Often calling us names or belittling our opinions because they don't line up with theirs. Their have been instances where I dished out what they were giving and maybe that was the wrong approach, but I don't allow that type behavior to my face and I'm not going to allow it on a public forum either. I'm certainly not wanting any sympathy or validation from anyone, I am just pointing out what you said is absolutely the truth. I'm sure this will make several of them dislike me even more, but frankly I don't care, because like my current signature says " sugar coating is not in my nature". I know there are some very good people on here, but if this is how it is, I probably won't last long on here and I'm sure some of the long time members will be happy about that. I came here because I love my Cincinnati Reds, not to have rude nasty debates. Go Reds!
    We need more folks like you who don't care about racking up likes or internet friends. As you've noticed, RZ does not treat people like you well and such behavior is tolerated around here. That's unfortunate but that's the way it's been for years and it's cost us a lot of good people. Don't let yourself join that list. It's good having a non clique type person like you around

11. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (09-09-2023)

I know exactly what your saying because as a new guy who is posting on here, the treatment I often get is just as you describe and it's almost always from the long time members. I think some of them do it to purposely push our buttons, so we will leave. Often calling us names or belittling our opinions because they don't line up with theirs.
    I guess you have been to the Political Forum.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

13. Likes:

ShyGuy (09-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    We need more folks like you who don't care about racking up likes or internet friends. As you've noticed, RZ does not treat people like you well and such behavior is tolerated around here. That's unfortunate but that's the way it's been for years and it's cost us a lot of good people. Don't let yourself join that list. It's good having a non clique type person like you around
    I appreciate that and I am going to try real hard to ignore condescending posts directed at me, but no promises. lol

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I guess you have been to the Political Forum.
    lol No, I probably won't go their or I'm liable to blow a fuse

16. Likes:

goreds2 (09-08-2023)

I think you would enjoy this series. Bob Hurley is a coach/guy that does not sugar coat anything. He is awesome

Last edited by ShyGuy; 09-08-2023 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
    I think you would enjoy this series. Bob Hurley is a coach/guy that does not sugar coat anything. He is awesome

Thank you. I will check that out soon

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yep, moderators are non existent unless they don’t like you. It really is funny at this point. You have one poster impaticular who never talks about the subject. He either corrects your grammar, insults you, or is a condescending jerk. Or pulls out his pathetic redszone file.Not once has anyone said anything to him. So, is the nature of redszone, but don’t let a bunch of pathetic people run you off unless you aren’t enjoying it.

- - - Updated - - -

lol No, I probably won't go their or I'm liable to blow a fuse
    Don’t as bad as the baseball forum is the political forum is forty times worse.
    Last edited by Rdirtypirates; 09-09-2023 at 06:06 PM.
    “ It is a shame what this worlds gotten to”

When we get to the point that we're bashing the moderating staff, who graciously offer to help run the site in their free time, then this thread has run its course. Suffice to say, much of what was said above is incorrect, as we try to handle moderating tasks privately, so unless you're the offending party, you're not privy to know what we do or don't do.

In any event, to answer the question that originally prompted this thread, we can't deactivate anyone's account; you should simply stop visiting the site if that's your intent. We can delete your account, but it can't be reactivated at that point. If that's what you want to do, just send me a PM.

21. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-09-2023),dubc47834 (09-11-2023),RedTeamGo! (09-11-2023),Tommyjohn25 (09-14-2023),wilbo71 (09-13-2023)

Turn Off Ads?