Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random weirdness

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Re: Random weirdness

I don't pretend to think it makes any sense, either.

But sometimes, things just have to exist in order to be made fun of by late night hosts. You know, like Florida. And man alive, have they been knocking it out of the park with Capt. HPV, his mid-sized sedan of sin, and the woman who suffered bodily harm inside his vehicle! Glorious!

Given that it's Geico, I'm still waiting for one of them to bust out the ol' "15 minutes or less" punchline, but so far, I haven't heard it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post
    I don't pretend to think it makes any sense, either.

But sometimes, things just have to exist in order to be made fun of by late night hosts. You know, like Florida. And man alive, have they been knocking it out of the park with Capt. HPV, his mid-sized sedan of sin, and the woman who suffered bodily harm inside his vehicle! Glorious!

Given that it's Geico, I'm still waiting for one of them to bust out the ol' "15 minutes or less" punchline, but so far, I haven't heard it.
    I don't know about the folks in the car, but my wife would tell you that for me, it's 15 seconds or less.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Apparently Jupiter got chonky by eating other planets - https://www.timeout.com/news/bizarre...planets-062222.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Apparently Jupiter got chonky by eating other planets - https://www.timeout.com/news/bizarre...planets-062222.
    Should we rename it Audrey II?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-24-2022),M2 (07-11-2022)

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-29-2022),M2 (07-11-2022),marcshoe (07-03-2022),RichRed (06-29-2022)

I had a friend whose life mantra was people are weird as hell and the more he thought he had them figured out he was never ceased to be amazed. Which ties into my point below. I guess it's normal to some degree but sometimes I think friendships are weird and how people I guess can move on.

I saw my first boss at an event recently. Worked well with him, were pretty close, and even socialized outside of the job sometimes. But overtime contact kinda stopped. When I saw him the other night we said hello to each other but didn't chant much otherwise.

I had not spoken to my best friend from high school for years and I admit it would feel awkward and this stage in my life if I did.

And yeah speaking of the friend who came up with the people are weird as hell mantra. One day he just dove off the face of the earth, never heard back from him. Hope the guy is all right

Oh, got another Brew Dr. kombucha the other day. This time the cap sloth said "I see you." Sloth, stop weirding me out.

I think a lack of common sense qualifies for this thread...

https://www.columbian.com/news/2022/...a-river-gorge/

"The body of a Camas man was recovered early Sunday morning after he apparently fell from a cliff while trail running along the Pacific Crest Trail in the Columbia River Gorge."

If you're not familiar with the Pacific Crest Trail in this area, it tends to run above the treeline around 4,000 to 5,000 feet generally. It has unlimited numbers of bear and cougars. Cougars tend to occupy a 16-square mile area as their territory, so every four miles any direction you leave one cougar's area and enter another's. Cougars love best to chase a moving target. They are cats.

So, if this guy doesn't fall off a cliff (and he's so oblivious to his surroundings that he loses track of the trail at one point per the article), he was going to be eaten by a bear (which he would have surprised because he is running) or a cougar.

He was also hiking alone, which generally isn't so terrible all by itself, but it is if you are as ignorant as this man. Reminds me of that idiot who wanted to "love the bears" up in Alaska they made a movie about.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

500 pounds of pasta found in the New Jersey woods - https://www.npr.org/2023/05/05/11742...sey-old-bridge. They thing it was dump uncooked, but then softened to al dente in the rain.

Prepare yourself for Pizza Shark.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-03-13 170715.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  157.6 KB
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

15. Likes:

Boston Red (03-13-2024),klw (03-13-2024),M2 (03-15-2024)

Had a dream the other night. First day of classes and I’m in grad school. Girl sits down next me and looks very familiar, but I can’t place her. After class we chat and figure out we were in grade school together until my family moved at the end of elementary school. Lived in the same neighborhood, our parents occasionally played cards, swam at the same neighborhood pool, that kind of thing.

Woke up. Haven’t seen or thought of her for 40+ years. I’m not on social media, so I Google her.

She died a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Had a dream the other night. First day of classes and I’m in grad school. Girl sits down next me and looks very familiar, but I can’t place her. After class we chat and figure out we were in grade school together until my family moved at the end of elementary school. Lived in the same neighborhood, our parents occasionally played cards, swam at the same neighborhood pool, that kind of thing.

Woke up. Haven’t seen or thought of her for 40+ years. I’m not on social media, so I Google her.

She died a few weeks ago.
    My wife had a similar experience. She dreamed of friend of hers from her school days. It really stuck with her and she finally googled him. She found his obituary and he had died on that date she dreamed of him a few years before that. Really creepy to say the least.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?