Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Johnny Cueto

Re: Johnny Cueto

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    The magic number for me is 600. If the Reds can reach that number in innings pitched by Greene, Lodolo, Ashcraft, Cessa and Overton.

Even 1 slightly better than Minor SP that can take 130-150 innings would go a long way. I'd go sign Dallas Kuechel from guys left out there. His extreme GB numbers may play a bit here.
    Minor cost $10 million. I thought Krall was quite clear Reds aren’t doing that or anything close. Keuchel wasn’t good last year, but he was paid $18 million and Boras is his agent. Do you see a match with the Reds?

Luke Weaver for $2 million is a match for the Reds.
    Last edited by Kc61; 01-13-2023 at 05:51 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Nice to see all the Marlins season ticket holders were in the stands.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Nice to see all the Marlins season ticket holders were in the stands.
    I suspect the Reds will have that many very soon.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The thing about bringing Cueto back would be the expectations people would have of him. I'm afraid they would be expecting ace of the staff Cueto and if he failed, I could see him being booed by the fans and people would be left with that negative impression rather than how good he was before he was traded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The thing about bringing Cueto back would be the expectations people would have of him. I'm afraid they would be expecting ace of the staff Cueto and if he failed, I could see him being booed by the fans and people would be left with that negative impression rather than how good he was before he was traded.
    My expectations are nothing more than a competent big league starting pitcher. There are 5 spots in the rotation and the Reds currently have only three of those in sight. It didn't need to be Cueto. There were several guys who went for under $10 Million who qualify. The Reds chose to pay $2 Million to a complete reclamation project. That reclamation project is probably an upgrade from the retreads they had in house, but if you are going to pay $2 Million for that, why not pay $5 or $6 Million for somebody who is more established?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

9. Likes:

Chip R (01-20-2023),Revering4Blue (01-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by JustaFan View Post
    a fine line between being ok and over the hill. to paraphrase an earlier quote re Cueto (and also apt formany of this board's posters) and that quote is apt re most pitchers who are presently unsigned or minor league offer, or on AAA rosters.
    my belief remains that small market teams have to take gambling risks on decisions totally different than teams/owners with unlimited funds. And to stay with the analogy the cards (money) that the Reds have in their hand are insufficient to compete for players considered above average.
    It’s a self inflicted wound, they have plenty of money.

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (01-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yankee fans boo their own team. Cincinnati fans don't do that, do they? Asking because I haven't been to a Reds game in Cincy since 2013 Opening day.

Turn Off Ads?