Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mets could possibly be without Scherzer..

Mets could possibly be without Scherzer..

Could the Mets call about Mahle or Castillo... which prospects would you want in return??

Looking at thier prospects.

https://www.prospects1500.com/nl-eas...rospects-2022/

Catcher Fransisco Alverez(then could move Tyler to 1st base in the future).

Ronny Mauricio SS

Alex Rameriz OF

Joel Diaz RHP

Calvin Ziegler RHP

These names would in some form would have to be discussed. Not sure about the rest by the reports

2. Likes:

JFLegal (05-19-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mets could possibly be without Scherzer..

Out 6 to 8 weeks:

https://www.mlb.com/news/max-scherze...oblique-injury

NEW YORK -- The Mets will need to proceed for the foreseeable future without both of their ace pitchers.

An MRI taken Thursday revealed that Max Scherzer has a “moderate to high-grade internal oblique strain,” according to the team, which comes with an estimated recovery timeline of 6-8 weeks.

Even if Scherzer hits the aggressive end of that time frame, he would not return to the team until early July. Jacob deGrom is also sidelined an indefinite period of time due to a stress reaction in his right scapula; he’s unlikely to return until July, as well. Making matters worse, the Mets remain without deGrom’s rotation replacement, Tylor Megill, who is suffering from right biceps tendinitis.
    Longer term, it’s possible the Mets could pursue rotation upgrades outside the organization, though manager Buck Showalter cautioned against that strategy after learning of Scherzer’s injury.

“The perfect world is you’re self-sustaining with your own people,” Showalter said. “There’s another opportunity for somebody to step up. And I think it creates good morale in the organization when Tylor Megill and Peterson … think that we’re going to look within first, before we start coveting somebody else’s players. We’d like to have the answers be here.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

and they are down for big trades. this is something to keep an eye on for sure.

I'm not enamored with the Mets minor leaguers. I think Francisco Alvarez is a very good prospect, particularly because of his youth, but it's really doubtful that they deal him.

That leaves Baty-- who looks like a league average bat-- and a lot of question marks.

Could a deal built around Dominic Smith, Thomas Szapucki, Baty, and Alex Ramirez be tenable for the Mets? Ramirez would be the big loss there, I suspect, but he's a long way away. Everyone else is fungible, IMO.

Smith has some big-time power, and I suspect full-time ABs in a bandbox may unlock some serious slugging. Baty's a good bat and would move to RF to take advantage of his arm (which is good) and wheels (which are also solid). He's a year away, on the same timeline as McLain and perhaps Abbott and Williamson. Szapucki's been injured and has a tough time staying healthy, but he was well thought of at one point. He'd be a gamble and is close enough to throw into the mix as a starter right now. He'd be on the same timeline as Ashcraft.

Ramirez would be on the same timeline as Elly De La Cruz and a host of Dayton Dragons, two or three years away.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 05-19-2022 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I'm not enamored with the Mets minor leaguers. I think Francisco Alvarez is a very good prospect, particularly because of his youth, but it's really doubtful that they deal him.

That leaves Baty-- who looks like a league average bat-- and a lot of question marks.

Could a deal built around Dominic Smith, Thomas Szapucki, Baty, and Alex Ramirez be tenable for the Mets? Ramirez would be the big loss there, I suspect, but he's a long way away. Everyone else is fungible, IMO.

Smith has some big-time power, and I suspect full-time ABs in a bandbox may unlock some serious slugging. Baty's a good bat and would move to RF to take advantage of his arm (which is good) and wheels (which are also solid). He's a year away, on the same timeline as McLain and perhaps Abbott and Williamson. Szapucki's been injured and has a tough time staying healthy, but he was well thought of at one point. He'd be a gamble and is close enough to throw into the mix as a starter right now. He'd be on the same timeline as Ashcraft.

Ramirez would be on the same timeline as Elly De La Cruz and a host of Dayton Dragons, two or three years away.
    i don't think we should be looking at timeline as much as looking at getting the best prospect(s) possible. give me as many elly de la cruz's as possible.

Turn Off Ads?